Cupid's Christmas

Cupid's Christmas

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  159 ratings  ·  89 reviews
CUPID’S CHRISTMAS…A love story for both the young and the young at heart. In a spot somewhere between Heaven and Earth, Cupid is trying to overcome the forces of lust, jealousy and the events brought on by his nemeses — Life Management.

Cupid matched John and Eleanor thirty years ago, but Life Management stepped in and fouled things up. Now they are both single and back to...more
Published October 17th 2012 by Bent Pine Publishing (first published September 13th 2012)

Sally906
This is the first book I have read by Bette Lee Crosby and I can assure you it won’t be the last. I was expecting the usual sweet and fluffy Christmas story, the no brainer with a happy ever after ending that I read and enjoy at this busy time of the year. What I got was a wonderful story that sucked me in from page one and did not let me go until the last page. There are three stories all intertwined here, not just John and Eleanor’s. John’s daughter is a main focus as well, and Eleanor’s son a...more
Midu Hadi
Nov 30, 2012 Midu Hadi rated it 3 of 5 stars Recommends it for: readers who love sweet stories
Bette Crosby
Sep 03, 2012 Bette Crosby rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
This book will be available October 17, 2012. It's a fun Christmas Romance in which Cupid is challenged to give an older couple the love they've been waiting for, a young woman the Mister Wonderful she has always dreamed of, and a lovable lost dog a forever home.
Judy
Oct 12, 2012 Judy rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: most of my lady friends and family
Recommended to Judy by: sent by author
Looking at the cover, I thought the book was about a dog named Cupid. And that was OK. I was up for a happy Christmas story. Christmas is my favorite holiday after all. But just a few pages in, I realized the story is told from the perspective of the main characters, Lindsay, John and Eleanor and of course, Cupid, himself. It is an easy, romantic story, filled with real life scenarios. A young woman who can’t seem to find her soul mate, love between an older couple ( I refrain from elderly becau...more
Melodie
This is a light sweet romance, told largely from the perspective of Cupid,that mythical angel of love. The story line revolves around two families, who need serious help in the happily ever after department.
John and Eleanor have found one another again, after many years apart.They are anxious to begin their lives together, but their adult(I use the term loosely)children are less than thrilled with that idea.Lindsay, John's daughter, acts like she is the pearl at the center of the universe and...more
Jackie Lane
What can I say, I love stories about Christmas and this was an adorable story about Cupid and what his job entailed. I was given the privilege of getting an ARC of this book. Bette Lee Crosby has such a wonderful writing style that I jumped at the chance to read it.

This is the story of Cupid working his magic. The main characters all have flaws and Bette tends to bring out the best in them. It is definitely a totally different take on her usual books, which are written with such heartfelt charac...more
Risa
Bette Lee Crosby had let out that her book was being offered for free on Amazon last week, and I decided to check it out. I'm not much of a romance reader (unless it is Heyer) but the cover was adorable and then the title attracted me, especially as I'd signed up for a Christmas reading challenge. A quick peek inside with Amazon's 'Look Inside' feature had me drawn to the chirpy writing and the fact that the narrator was Cupid (for the most part).

I liked the writer's take on the romance, and the...more
Diana
I received this ebook from Bette for review and I am so glad I did. From the beginning it was a little different for me because it is told from the view of Cupid.It took me a couple of chapters to get into the gist of it but after that I couldn't stop until I finished it.
It is a story of Linsay who is the cupid' assignment having a long history of finding love. She breaks up with her boyfriend,loses her job in New York, and loses her apartment. She decides to move back to New Jersy to live with...more
Ronna
This book not only comes with an adorable cover and a worthy cause for saving dogs from part of it's proceeds, it's also a fanciful love story for the Christmas season and throughout the year.

Cupid's job is to unite the right people for a lifetime of love, but sometimes humans go and jump into lust with the wrong people and problems ensue. Problems also arise when people find another partner in marriage that was not in "the plan". One such couple is Eleanor and John, who found and lost each othe...more
Kimba (Caffeinated Book Reviewer)
I love Betty Lee Crosby’s books so when she approached me to review Cupid’s Christmas it was a no brainer. Cupid’s Christmas delivers a holiday tale that you will want to share with others. It reads like a made for television Hallmark Christmas special and I quickly consumed this on a cold afternoon. This is heartwarming tales that will lift your spirits and embraces the spirit of the holidays.

We meet Cupid who dwells somewhere between Heaven and Earth and whose purpose is to match people with t...more
Sherry Fundin
Hello, my name is Cupid.

Love doesn't just happen. I get my orders from Upstairs, then I proceed to make it happen, or try to.

I have spent centuries dealing with humans, but Lindsay Gray was a puzzle. She was so unpredictable and impulsive. She can't seem to tell love from lust. If I can't help Lindsay, she'll end up being classified as Love-Challenged.

After losing her job and deciding to go home, she was in for a rude awakening. She envisioned home as if nothing had changed, as if time had stood...more
Madonna
This was a free to me GoodReads edition. However, due to the good time I had reading it, I plan to look for some more of Bette Lee Crosby's books to buy and read. This is what I love about free books. It lets us meet so many good authors.

Cupid's Christmas was so much fun to read! I especially enjoyed that it was Cupid telling the story. He (or she) went to a great deal of trouble to help Lindsay find happiness; not to mention Eleanor and John! This was a fast read and very relaxing. While I love...more
Jeanine
I was lucky enough to get to read this book early as Ms. Crosby gave me a link to the book.

What can I say? It's beautifully written which is the hallmark of a Bette Lee Crosby book. Without spoiling anything here, it is written from perspective of an individual that was brilliant in my opinion. It's a wonderful feel-good story that I for one am better for having read it. I definitely recommend this book very highly.
Jim
Dec 20, 2012 Jim rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012, kindle
Here is a short, sweet story of life and love.

Ms. Crosby has such a beautiful way of taking the lives of normal people and turning them into fascinating adventurers. Part of the joy of reading her books is recognizing yourself in the characters.

In this case, Cupid comes along as the narrator, and works hard to straighten out the relationships between a few interrelated characters. As in her other books, the real magic is in the writing. Here is Cupid discussing love:

"...that's the beauty of wh...more
readinghearts (Lyn M)
Oct 19, 2012 readinghearts (Lyn M) rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: Bette Lee Crosby fans, romance readers,
Recommended to readinghearts (Lyn M) by: Bette Lee Crosby
I originally decided to read Cupid's Christmas because I am a Bette Lee Crosby fan. Although I have only read two books by author her, she has already become an author whose work I seek out. I had some reservations about this one as it is a romance book, which is not my normal type of book. Although I enjoy a good romantic mystery ala Nora Roberts, I am not much for the "bodice ripper" type of books. This book, however, is a more intellectual romance with the addition of a few heavenly character...more
Maria Ulery
What a great novel this was! First off I am a dog lover and love any kind of books involving them so I knew I'd like it but after reading Ms. Bette Lee Crosby's other 2 novels and this being the 3rd I have found a love for her family oriented books! I just really get into her characters the way she describes them and the surroundings just makes you feel like you are there with them. This novel has some family drama when Lindsey moves back home after being let go of her last job and getting ditch...more
Brenda
This absolutely delightful Christmas story is told by Cupid, whose sole job in life is matching the correct partners together. He’s been doing it for hundreds of years, thousands maybe, and none have given him the challenge that his current job has!

Thirty years ago, he successfully matched Eleanor and John, but then his dreaded nemesis, Life Management, stepped in and ruined everything. And now, with both Eleanor and John single again, Cupid has managed to get them together, where they are happi...more
Lesley
I at first thought the book was about a dog named Cupid! But that just goes with the saying, don't judge a book by its cover! The dog does play a big part in the book and a portion of the book sales goes to a no kill dog shelter! (A good reason alone to get the book).

As always Bette Lee Crosby delivers characters that are delightful and fun to read about. This book centers on Cupid 's job to deliver love and a happy ending for this family! John and Eleanor reconnect in their late 50's after thei...more
Michelle/ The True Book Addict
What a sweet book! I really enjoyed reading it so much. What a clever idea to have Cupid telling some of the story and about his involvement in the inner workings of romantic relationships. And I really enjoyed the characters in the book. I started getting emotionally invested in them and when Cupid started talking about Life Management (they're the ones that make all the bad things happen in life like accidents, mishaps, etc.) meddling in the characters' lives, I was on the edge of my seat. I s...more
Gayle Swift
In "Cupid's Christmas," consummate storyteller Bette Lee Crosby creates a tale of loves lost and found. She deftly blends the thread of romance as it is experienced from the angles of several generations. Jaded, lonely characters mellow and grow in a tender tale that satisfies and warms your spirit. Add in the extra dash of puppy love and pretty much all bases are covered. "Cupid's Christmas" is a charming, fast read sure to entertain and renew your belief in the possiblity of true love.

I receiv...more
Kim
I've come to find the best books are those I purchased by accident. This one is no different. I stayed up all night to finish it. This is just a wonderful story of love and acceptance. Eleanor and John are an older couple with a second chance at love. The problem is his daughter Lindsey does not accept their relationship. Neither does her son Ray. What makes this book so wonderful is, while everyone has a chance to tell "their" story, the primary narrator of the book is Cupid. This is a funny, l...more
Deyanne
Cupid's Christmas while not in the classic category of "It's A Wonderful Life" fame for Cupid is no Clarence, still this simple little Christmas romance has charm and a neatly tied together Christmas package ending. Indeed as humans we do make some less than insightful choices in our lives. I wonder if it would be a grand thing to have an angel to bail us out of our predicaments. The importance of relationships is the core of the novel. Relationships do matter. This is a quick and easy read...my...more
Susan
Who doesn't like a book with a happy ending? I read for enjoyment. I read to escape the chaos of day-to-day life. I really enjoyed this book as it allowed me that escape that I needed while delivering the "happily ever after" that I crave. A book about love and overcoming obstacles is what this book is about.

Don't let the title fool you as the book is not really about Christmas, though "Christmas time" does come in more ways than one. This is a great feel-good read no matter what time of the ye...more
Donna
I really enjoyed this book. The characters were interesting and the plot involves a dog and we get to hear from Cupid himself. "Humans think Valentine's Day is my favorite but it's not, Christmas is. Valentine's Day is a farce, a joke. It's a single day of sharing love - but Christmas, well there's just no measuring the amount of love that stirs up." It was very fitting to read during this season and it really makes you consider what is truly important in life, and that is the ones we love.
Literary
Simply judging by the cover I had expected this to be a cute christmas story. I was wrong. This is an awesome christmas story. Very witty and heartfelt. The story just flows and the characters become real. Cupid being the biggest surprise and my favorite. I highly recommend this for anyone considering a christmas read but honestly this could be read anytime of the year.
Trudy
My favorite quote from the book. "What begins as a wild and passionate tango evolves into a waltz, with two bodies bending and moving together, whirling across the potholed landscape of life." (Lovely description of a "seasoned" relationship.) This is a sweet story of two people finding love again and the reactions of their adult children. So enjoyable!
Jami Collier
I felt so honored when Ms Crosby asked me to read Cupid's Christmas. I really enjoyed Spare Change and am happy to report that I enjoyed this one just as much. I found it delightful that the story was told from Cupid's point of view. I also really love the way Ms Crosby developes her characters......I just to jump in the book and meet them.
Lisa
Delightful, feel good story of "Cupid" at work. Jostling "Life Management" in hopes for a perfect outcome of the heart. Unique and uplifting. Bette has such talent for connection, a way with words, that guarantees hope amongst the disappointments of life.
Miranda Fink
I won this book and I am glad I did! This book was very cute. I enjoyed the love between the people and it was fun seeing how cupid was going to fix things! I don't want to give away any spoilers but you should read it for a heart warming story!!
Jessica
great read. absolutely loved this book. once again bette wove the character's story together wonderfully. everyone should read this.:
  • The Dream You Make
  • Christmas in Wine Country
  • Mistletoe in Maine (Holiday Brides #3)
  • Claus: Legend of the Fat Man
  • The Old Mermaid's Tale
  • Last Chance Christmas (Last Chance, #4)
  • North Pole High: A Rebel Without a Claus
  • The Twelve Days to Christmas (Single in the City)
  • Elemental Magic (Elemental Magic, #1)
  • Nine Lives
  • Christmas In Magnolia Cove
  • A Cowboy for Christmas
  • The Wolf's Moon
  • The Wicked Wager
  • The Master of Verona (Star-Cross'd #1)
  • Time of Death
  • The Legend of Mickey Tussler
  • Death of a Schoolgirl (The Jane Eyre Chronicles, #1)
USA Today Bestselling and Award-winning novelist Bette Lee Crosby brings the wit and wisdom of her Southern Mama to works of fiction--the result is a delightful blend of humor, mystery and romance along with a cast of quirky charters who will steal your heart away.

Born in Detroit and raised in a plethora of states scattered across the South and Northeast, Crosby originally studied art and began he...more
More about Bette Lee Crosby...
Spare Change (Wyattsville #1) The Twelfth Child (Serendipity #1) Cracks in the Sidewalk Jubilee's Journey (Wyattsville #2) What Matters Most