Start by marking “Cupid's Christmas (Serendipity, #3)” as Want to Read:
Cupid's Christmas (Serendipity, #3)

Cupid's Christmas (Serendipity #3)

4.16  ·  Rating Details  ·  294 Ratings  ·  138 Reviews
In a fun Christmas Romance, Cupid is charged with making certain an older couple gets the love they've been waiting for and a young woman who’s far too attracted to handsome men with sexy eyes finds her perfect match. And, he has to make it happen by Christmas.

In a spot somewhere between Heaven and Earth, Cupid tries to maneuver around the complications that threaten to wr
Published October 17th 2012 by Bent Pine Publishing (first published September 13th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Cupid's Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cupid's Christmas

Before I Fall by Lauren OliverThe Master's Plan by Stephany TullisCowboy Heat by Delilah DevlinCircle of Five by Jan RaymondSacred Gold by Linda Rawlins
What I want to read this summer
338th out of 425 books — 519 voters
Possession of My Soul by Kia Carrington-RussellCheating to Survive by Christine ArdigoMy Lady Love by Bridgitte LesleyEvery Five Years by Christine ArdigoThe Ruby Brooch by Katherine Lowry Logan
Awesome books for women
474th out of 588 books — 609 voters

More lists with this book...

Sally906
Feb 19, 2015 Sally906 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by Bette Lee Crosby and I can assure you it won’t be the last. I was expecting the usual sweet and fluffy Christmas story, the no brainer with a happy ever after ending that I read and enjoy at this busy time of the year. What I got was a wonderful story that sucked me in from page one and did not let me go until the last page. There are three stories all intertwined here, not just John and Eleanor’s. John’s daughter is a main focus as well, and Eleanor’s son a ...more
Elaine
Nov 28, 2014 Elaine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is comfort reading of the highest order – perfect for those times when you just want to get totally wrapped up in someone else’s lives and just relax and enjoy their story. This is the third in the Serendipity series, but it really doesn’t matter if you haven’t read the first two in the series, this is a stand alone story. I had read the first in the series, The Twelfth Child, but not the second and I didn’t feel as if I was missing anything at all.

When Eleanor is seven years old she m
Midu Hadi
Nov 30, 2012 Midu Hadi rated it liked it
Recommends it for: readers who love sweet stories
Bette Lee Crosby
Apr 26, 2016 Bette Lee Crosby rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-wrote
This book will be available October 17, 2012. It's a fun Christmas Romance in which Cupid is challenged to give an older couple the love they've been waiting for, a young woman the Mister Wonderful she has always dreamed of, and a lovable lost dog a forever home.
Judy
Oct 12, 2012 Judy rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: most of my lady friends and family
Recommended to Judy by: sent by author
Looking at the cover, I thought the book was about a dog named Cupid. And that was OK. I was up for a happy Christmas story. Christmas is my favorite holiday after all. But just a few pages in, I realized the story is told from the perspective of the main characters, Lindsay, John and Eleanor and of course, Cupid, himself. It is an easy, romantic story, filled with real life scenarios. A young woman who can’t seem to find her soul mate, love between an older couple ( I refrain from elderly becau ...more
Brenda
Originally released as Cupid's Christmas this novella has been revised and republished under the new title Wishing for Wonderful.

This gorgeous and absolutely delightful Christmas story is told by Cupid, whose sole job in life is matching the correct partners together. He’s been doing it for hundreds of years, thousands maybe, and none have given him the challenge that his current job has!

Jackie Lane
Oct 13, 2012 Jackie Lane rated it really liked it
Shelves: author-review
What can I say, I love stories about Christmas and this was an adorable story about Cupid and what his job entailed. I was given the privilege of getting an ARC of this book. Bette Lee Crosby has such a wonderful writing style that I jumped at the chance to read it.

This is the story of Cupid working his magic. The main characters all have flaws and Bette tends to bring out the best in them. It is definitely a totally different take on her usual books, which are written with such heartfelt charac
Melodie
Feb 19, 2015 Melodie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a light sweet romance, told largely from the perspective of Cupid,that mythical angel of love. The story line revolves around two families, who need serious help in the happily ever after department.
John and Eleanor have found one another again, after many years apart.They are anxious to begin their lives together, but their adult(I use the term loosely)children are less than thrilled with that idea.Lindsay, John's daughter, acts like she is the pearl at the center of the universe and
Sue1958

This is part of the Serendipity series but it can be read as a stand alone, you really don't have to worry if you haven't read the other two, but, it is always nice to read a series in order don't you think?

OK I know its not Christmas, but I just wanted something light to read, something good to read and reliable, I have been reading Bette Lee Crosby's books for a while now so I know I am assured of a few hours of greatness.

This story is about matching the person with the correct partner. Who i
Risa
Dec 05, 2012 Risa rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, e-book, 2012
Bette Lee Crosby had let out that her book was being offered for free on Amazon last week, and I decided to check it out. I'm not much of a romance reader (unless it is Heyer) but the cover was adorable and then the title attracted me, especially as I'd signed up for a Christmas reading challenge. A quick peek inside with Amazon's 'Look Inside' feature had me drawn to the chirpy writing and the fact that the narrator was Cupid (for the most part).

I liked the writer's take on the romance, and the
Diana
Feb 15, 2013 Diana rated it it was amazing
I received this ebook from Bette for review and I am so glad I did. From the beginning it was a little different for me because it is told from the view of Cupid.It took me a couple of chapters to get into the gist of it but after that I couldn't stop until I finished it.
It is a story of Linsay who is the cupid' assignment having a long history of finding love. She breaks up with her boyfriend,loses her job in New York, and loses her apartment. She decides to move back to New Jersy to live with
Ronna
Oct 25, 2012 Ronna rated it really liked it
Shelves: author-give-away

Cupid's job is to unite the right people for a lifetime of love, but sometimes humans go and jump into lust with the wrong people and problems ensue. Problems also arise when people find another partner in marriage that was not in "the plan". One such couple is Eleanor and John, who found and lost each othe
Brenda
This absolutely delightful Christmas story is told by Cupid, whose sole job in life is matching the correct partners together. He’s been doing it for hundreds of years, thousands maybe, and none have given him the challenge that his current job has!

Thirty years ago, he successfully matched Eleanor and John, but then his dreaded nemesis, Life Management, stepped in and ruined everything. And now, with both Eleanor and John single again, Cupid has managed to get them together, where they are happi
Ruth Hill
Dec 23, 2012 Ruth Hill rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, e-books
I am so glad I got the chance to read this sweet, clean romance that is perfect for Christmas but honestly perfect for any time of the year. I loved everything about the book. The story was sweet, and it even had a few twists and turns that I did not see coming. The romance was wonderful and not sappy. I loved the fact that Cupid told much of the story, and he is an angel. I liked the references to God, and I enjoyed the humor. And who couldn't love the dog? That is an integral part of the story ...more
Elle Thornton
Sep 09, 2012 Elle Thornton rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love

After the gold band has been tossed aside and the wedding vows are in tatters, can a story featuring Cupid help mend a person? With Christmas right around the corner, it seemed like reading such a book might be the equivalent of open-heart surgery without the anesthesia. Well I’m glad to report that after only a few pages into Bette Lee Crosby’s new book I began to smile. Soon I was actually laughing.

From reading Spare Change and The Twelfth Child, I’m familiar with Crosby’s story-telling talen
Maria Ulery
Jan 11, 2014 Maria Ulery rated it it was amazing
What a great novel this was! First off I am a dog lover and love any kind of books involving them so I knew I'd like it but after reading Ms. Bette Lee Crosby's other 2 novels and this being the 3rd I have found a love for her family oriented books! I just really get into her characters the way she describes them and the surroundings just makes you feel like you are there with them. This novel has some family drama when Lindsey moves back home after being let go of her last job and getting ditch ...more
Kimberly
Dec 02, 2012 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
I love Betty Lee Crosby’s books so when she approached me to review Cupid’s Christmas it was a no brainer. Cupid’s Christmas delivers a holiday tale that you will want to share with others. It reads like a made for television Hallmark Christmas special and I quickly consumed this on a cold afternoon. This is heartwarming tales that will lift your spirits and embraces the spirit of the holidays.

We meet Cupid who dwells somewhere between Heaven and Earth and whose purpose is to match people with t
Sherry Fundin
Hello, my name is Cupid.

Love doesn't just happen. I get my orders from Upstairs, then I proceed to make it happen, or try to.

I have spent centuries dealing with humans, but Lindsay Gray was a puzzle. She was so unpredictable and impulsive. She can't seem to tell love from lust. If I can't help Lindsay, she'll end up being classified as Love-Challenged.

After losing her job and deciding to go home, she was in for a rude awakening. She envisioned home as if nothing had changed, as if time had stood
Andrea Corley
This was such a cute little light read! I was able to easily navigate through the story, and kept entertained while doing so. Bette Lee Crosby does such a wonderful job telling a story and keeping a reader interested in the story and characters before them. Just as with every other Crosby book, she provided a wonderful, intriguing story that truly touches and melts ones heart!

I haven't read a book yet that Bette didn't have wonderful, lovable characters to fill her great stories with! Each chara
Georgiann Hennelly
Dec 05, 2013 Georgiann Hennelly rated it it was amazing
A sweet light romance story. Cupid is a lovable dog whose job it is to match the right people together for a lifetime of love and romance. The story revolves around around two families John and Eleanor have reconnected after many years apart.But their adult children are against it. John's daughter is forever seeking mr right. Ray is Eleanor's son and he believes she is being taken advantage of by John.This assignment will really test cupids patience. A heart warming story with an inventive twist ...more
Donna
Dec 14, 2013 Donna rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. The characters were interesting and the plot involves a dog and we get to hear from Cupid himself. "Humans think Valentine's Day is my favorite but it's not, Christmas is. Valentine's Day is a farce, a joke. It's a single day of sharing love - but Christmas, well there's just no measuring the amount of love that stirs up." It was very fitting to read during this season and it really makes you consider what is truly important in life, and that is the ones we love.
Elizabeth
Feb 24, 2016 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-authors
I've read several of Bette's books now and can honestly say that she writes with tremendous heart and soul. "Cupid's Christmas," in particular, is full of warm, happy moments. However, it certainly does not begin that way. This is a great book for the Christmas season or any time of the year. I particularly enjoyed the plot from Cupid's point of view.
This book was provided by the author in return for an honest review. Thank you, Bette.
Jeanine
Sep 04, 2012 Jeanine rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to get to read this book early as Ms. Crosby gave me a link to the book.

What can I say? It's beautifully written which is the hallmark of a Bette Lee Crosby book. Without spoiling anything here, it is written from perspective of an individual that was brilliant in my opinion. It's a wonderful feel-good story that I for one am better for having read it. I definitely recommend this book very highly.
Nenette
Sep 01, 2014 Nenette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At the start of the 'ber' months, I figured I'll read something about Christmas.

This is yet again another book that I didn't want to end. As told by Cupid, and with voices from some of the main characters, this is a super light, funny, inspirational love story.

A direct, no-fuss story, it talks about the maneuvers of Cupid to fulfill his job of making people fall in love. The story is mainly about Lindsay and Eleanor, and the people whom they love and cherish. I am not going to say more, lest I
Paula
Dec 01, 2015 Paula rated it really liked it
I was in the mood for a Christmas story and you can't go wrong with Bette Lee Crosby.

This is the heartwarming story, mostly told by Cupid. Cupid isn't perfect, and Life Management steps in to change the turnout occasionally. John and Elenor were supposed to fall in love much earlier in their lives but as often happens after high school, things change. Now 30 years later, they are both single and have found each other again. John has a daughter who always chooses the wrong man, and Elenor has a s
Wendy T
Feb 19, 2015 Wendy T rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such a cute Christmas story. Have to say I love Cupid!
Ronna
Nov 06, 2014 Ronna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: author-give-away
This book not only comes with an adorable cover and a worthy cause for saving dogs from part of it's proceeds, it's also a fanciful love story for the Christmas season and throughout the year. I got this book free from the author. This is my honest review.

Susan
Mar 19, 2014 Susan rated it it was amazing
Who doesn't like a book with a happy ending? I read for enjoyment. I read to escape the chaos of day-to-day life. I really enjoyed this book as it allowed me that escape that I needed while delivering the "happily ever after" that I crave. A book about love and overcoming obstacles is what this book is about.

Don't let the title fool you as the book is not really about Christmas, though "Christmas time" does come in more ways than one. This is a great feel-good read no matter what time of the ye
Kathleen
Nov 19, 2012 Kathleen rated it it was amazing
Cupid's Christmas is an adorable Christmas romance story about a lovable pooch who is charged with the challenge to match the right people in a relationship meant to last a lifetime. But when life circumstances get in the way and mess up the matches, Cupid is once again called upon to reunite an older couple, while matching a young woman with her prince charming, and finding a lost dog a forever home.

Narrated by Cupid along with alternating points of view by Lindsay, John and Eleanor, author Bet
Jim
Dec 20, 2012 Jim rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012, kindle
Here is a short, sweet story of life and love.

Ms. Crosby has such a beautiful way of taking the lives of normal people and turning them into fascinating adventurers. Part of the joy of reading her books is recognizing yourself in the characters.

In this case, Cupid comes along as the narrator, and works hard to straighten out the relationships between a few interrelated characters. As in her other books, the real magic is in the writing. Here is Cupid discussing love:

"...that's the beauty of wh
  • Christmas in Wine Country
  • The Dream You Make
  • The Twelve Days to Christmas (Single in the City)
  • Claus: Legend of the Fat Man (Claus,#1)
  • North Pole High: A Rebel Without a Claus
  • Henrietta the Dragon Slayer (The Five Kingdoms, #1)
  • Blame It On The Mistletoe (Bright's Pond #4)
  • The Old Mermaid's Tale: A Novel of the Great Lakes
  • Mistletoe in Maine (Holiday Brides #3)
  • Christmas in Magnolia Cove (New Beginnings, #5)
  • What I Did On My Midlife Crisis Vacation
  • Perfectly Twisted (C.O.R.E. Above the Law, #1)
  • The Santa Shop
  • Taking the Fall
  • You Know Your Way Home: A Modern Initiation Journey
  • Three Moons Over Sedona
  • Kittens Can Kill (Pru Marlowe, #5)
  • Redemption (Legends of Graham Mansion, #1)
USA Today Bestselling and Award-winning novelist Bette Lee Crosby's books are "Well-crafted storytelling populated by memorable characters caught up in equally memorable circumstances." - Midwest Book Review

The Seattle Post Intelligencer says Crosby's writing is, "A quirky mix of Southern flair, serious thoughts about important things in life and madcap adventures."

Samantha from Reader's Favorite
More about Bette Lee Crosby...

Serendipity (3 books)
  • The Twelfth Child (Serendipity, #1)
  • Previously Loved Treasures (Serendipity, #2)