Start by marking “Field Guide to Chicks of the United States” as Want to Read:
Field Guide to Chicks of the United States

Field Guide to Chicks of the United States

3.64  ·  Rating Details  ·  22 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Joe Bovino's Field Guide to Chicks of the United States is the definitive chick guide - the ultimate visual resource for American chickspotting.

It's outlandishly hilarious, spot-on accurate, provocatively illustrated, and organized like a field guide to birds, with a series of 2-page profiles on women from over 90 regional, ethnic, and other American subcultures (or "spec
Published September 5th 2012 by Chickspotting LLC (first published August 13th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Field Guide to Chicks of the United States, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Field Guide to Chicks of the United States

Zoraida
Jan 29, 2016 Zoraida rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nope
This book is the result of racism, sexism, and the decline of humanity.
If you want to read a bunch of white men say this is "well researched," then you can join the ranks of garbage that find this entertaining.

The "author" claims the people who oppose this book are "humorless drones." I fail to see the humor in the objectification, misogyny, and racism directed to the Latin female body.

FUCK YOU JOE BEVINO.

Add this to your notes on Latinas. Lorena Bobbitt is Ecuadorian. And SO. AM. I. Mee me
Derrek
Apr 03, 2013 Derrek rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I wish I could give this book more than 5 stars. It is the funniest thing I've read in a long time, and I'm very grateful to have gotten my copy for free through the Good Reads first-reads giveaway.

Bovino has managed to creatively and thoroughly create a well researched and colorfully written (and drawn) guide to ALL of the women that the United States have to offer. At first I was skeptical that anyone could pull this off, seeing that people are individuals and I do not support stereotypes...

Wi
Caiti
Apr 06, 2013 Caiti rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was hilarious. It's not for the easily offended, but if you have a sense of humor check it out. It's written in the same format as bird watching books, which provide in depth descriptions of species, etc. The author of this book uses hilarious often local stereotypes to describe just about every flavor of female in the country. I can't wait for this book to be more widely read so everyone knows what I'm talking about when I use the author's hilarious classifications to describe people ...more
Colleen Schilinski
Apr 15, 2013 Colleen Schilinski rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
This was a great book. It's funny and all my guy friends want to borrow it. I'll have to put my information on the inside of this book, so I get it back. It is a must read for anyone, because Joe Bovino did a great job telling us the way it is about woman in different city's all across the United States.
I even have quite a few pages marked for future references, and to show certain men in my life.
This is definately a GOODREAD for me.
Kimberly McClain Cardenas
Oct 25, 2012 Kimberly McClain Cardenas rated it it was amazing
Shelves: goodreads-wins
I won this from Goodreads.com This is a seriously funny although fairly spot on kind of book. It is very straight foward and not for those who take offense to stereo types. Yes even a girl like me was represented almost to a tee. I am sending it next to my brother so he can pick and choose his next girlfriend a little more carefully next time and with a lot more knowledge behind him......
Russell Brands
Oct 12, 2012 Russell Brands rated it really liked it

Amusing collection of stereotypes; enjoyed reading it, though with the knowledge it's meant for amusement
Walt Clayton
Dec 21, 2012 Walt Clayton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: guy-humor
A fabulous must-see, must-read, must-have reference for the serious chick chaser and connoisseur. Superb quality in every way, the illustrations, composition, the devilishly clever writing that is so spot-on that it will keep you in stitches every time you open this hilarious and informative tome. Fun to read over and over!
Dolores
Dolores rated it did not like it
Jun 05, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Jay
Jay marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
Sandra Crow
Sandra Crow marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
Sujan Dey
Sujan Dey marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2016
Mila
Mila rated it did not like it
Mar 26, 2016
Jehan
Jehan rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2016
Cheekylala_kindle
Cheekylala_kindle marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2016
Collin Henson
Collin Henson marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
Dakota
Dakota rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2016
Jimzzz
Jimzzz marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
David Sanders
David Sanders rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2015
Chris Rossen
Chris Rossen rated it liked it
Oct 28, 2015
Purplerain
Purplerain marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2015
David
David marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2015
Dylan Sierra
Dylan Sierra marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Anna Demchenko
Anna Demchenko rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2015
Sergio
Sergio marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Angelia
Angelia marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Moira Mcglynn
Moira Mcglynn marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Laura Cleinman
Laura Cleinman marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Walk Like a Giant
  • The Sensationally Absurd Life and Times of Slim Dyson
  • Walking In The Reign
  • Choose Well To Live Well:The Five Fundamentals to Create a Fit, Healthy and Strong Body and Mind
  • Trouble on His Wings
  • Life in a Marital Institution: Twenty Years of Monogamy in One Terrifying Memoir
  • A Hero's Journey (Tales of the Scarlet Knight, #1)
  • Dangerous Road
  • Redesigning Emma
  • Too Cool for School: A Memoir
  • Taboo's Child: An Erotic Novel
  • Tell
  • Grand Ambition: An Extraordinary Yacht, the People Who Built It, and The Millionaire Who Can't Really Afford It
  • Liebling An adventurous life
  • The Dagger of Isis
  • Thinking Wild, Its Gifts of Insight: A Way to Make Peace with My Shadow
  • Gideon's Angel
  • The Gaggle: How the Guys You Know Will Help You Find the Love You Want
Joe Bovino is a three-time #1 bestselling author and attorney.

More about Joe Bovino...