Start by marking “The Queen's Howl (Alexis Wolfe Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Queen's Howl (Alexis Wolfe Series, #1)

The Queen's Howl (Alexis Wolfe Series, #1)

Alexis Wolfe is a young werewolf living in the prime of her life, until her father's grisly suicide shoves her into the position of Alpha of the pack. In taking his place, she is also the newest member of the Dark Court's Council and the rightful Queen to the throne...that is if she can tear it from the cold dead hands of the defiant vampire plotting to stop her. It's the ...more
Published August 29th 2012 by M.T. Harrte

To ask other readers questions about The Queen's Howl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Queen's Howl

Deva
Sep 03, 2012 Deva rated it liked it
Full review at http://urbanparanormal.blogspot.com

Our first big problem is presented in the form of Samirah, who is the queen and a vampire, who doesn't want to give up her seat as queen even though her 1000 years of rule is over. Alexis begins to garner the support she needs to get Samirah off that throne but Samirah ends up going missing and that leaves Alexis to take the thrown despite her 'medical condition.' Also, the author has given us a new 'breed' to work with called the Xithor who will
Seregon O'Dassey
Apr 21, 2014 Seregon O'Dassey rated it it was amazing
*Warning: May contain spoilers*

If it's one thing I love, it's a strong female lead, particularly one that's kick ass. This definitely has it. And no, I do not mean "bitchy".

Alexis is Alpha of her wolf pack after her father commits suicide (truth found out later). This is only one point of contention between her and her mate, Mason. Because, you know, it's a problem for a female to be a leader...

Alexis also has a seat on the Council of the Dark Court. Every 1000 yrs the Queen or King is rotated.
Reading is my Time Out
Mar 12, 2013 Reading is my Time Out rated it really liked it
Oh my goodness!!! It has been a while since I have read a book that had me on the edge of my seat the entire time!! I was so engrossed in the main heroine, Alexis, that I wanted to jump inside the book and beat the crap out of her wrong doers! I love how M. T. Harrte made the main heroine a bad a_ _, but one that still had a heart and could love those around her.

Alexis is forced to sit on the Dark Court's Council, which is made up of my favorite paranormal legends... Vampires, werewolves, trolls
Bennita
This was a fun, fast paced step back into the paranormal realm for me. Paranormal romance is my first love but I haven't read much of it lately. This book brings not only weres and vamps to the forefront, but goblins, trolls, demons, ghosts and griffins. I rarely come across paranormal books with so many fantastical elements, so that alone drew me to this story. There was mystery, romantic elements, deception, murder and an ass-kicking werewolf queen who cussed like a sailor.

Alexis is up to take
Fiona Wilson
Dec 31, 2015 Fiona Wilson rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-reads
UPDATE - The author has told me that she has changed editors due to being unhappy with the editing in this book, so future books will not have this problem.

This book was an easy read, with vampires/werewolves and other magical creatures - all of which I have enjoyed reading about since I was a child.

The main character is a werewolf destined to become queen due to her fathers death. There are complications, of course, and many twists and turns along the way.

The book ends with a cliffhanger, plus
Ashlee Vaughn
Jan 28, 2013 Ashlee Vaughn rated it it was amazing
I have to admit, I was thrown off by the werewolf storyline. Its so been done (I.e. twilight, sookie stackhouse, etc) but I gave it a shot and boy was I rewarded! It tells the tale of a female werewolf about to ascend the throne as Queen of the council of the dark creatures. She is a very well written character, and I immediately connected with her. Shes got that part of "everyman" in her that makes her likable. Plus I love a character that swears as much as she does. This book definitely has ...more
Amy Pro
Feb 06, 2013 Amy Pro rated it really liked it
Really loved this book. Alexis kicks butt! She knows what she wants and how she wants it. She nice when she needs to be an a hard ass when she needs to be. She's strong and also loving. Love Palo and Thadius. Thadius more so. I have an infatuation with vamps. Can't help it. Can't wait to see what's in store for them in the next book. And with the way this one ended, I'm sure it's going to be pretty exciting!
Arzella
Apr 20, 2013 Arzella rated it liked it
The book was interesting and read more like a first draft than a completed novel. There were pieces of the story that needed to be better developed. All in all it was a good start and makes you want to see what happens next.
Kathy Harrington
Mar 21, 2013 Kathy Harrington rated it really liked it
Shelves: were, more-to-series
This was good.... Really good. Loads of suspense and kept you wondering who was really bad/good. I look forward to reading the next book.
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2013
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2014
Ruth Williams
Ruth Williams rated it it was ok
Jul 07, 2015
Nekeeva
Nekeeva rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2013
Ethel
Ethel rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2013
Elise
Elise rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2014
Amac
Amac rated it liked it
Jan 23, 2015
Aunt T
Aunt T rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2014
Cali
Cali rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2014
Amber Lynch
Amber Lynch rated it did not like it
Jul 28, 2014
M.T. Harrte
M.T. Harrte rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2013
Michelle Alcorn
Michelle Alcorn rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2014
Crystal
Crystal rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2013
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2012
Elizabeth Bollmeyer
Elizabeth Bollmeyer marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2013
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2013
Lindsey
Lindsey marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2013
Nadine
Nadine added it
Mar 13, 2013
Tammi
Tammi marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2013
Andrea Jackson
Andrea Jackson marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2013
Felicia Tatum
Felicia Tatum marked it as to-read
May 04, 2013
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Katrina Mcdonald
Katrina Mcdonald marked it as to-read
Jolene
Jolene marked it as to-read
Rabsaris Flores
Rabsaris Flores marked it as to-read
Laura Mcgee
Laura Mcgee marked it as to-read
May 26, 2013
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Laura Laska
Laura Laska marked it as to-read
Desiree reilly
Desiree reilly marked it as to-read
Cynderella Duncan
Cynderella Duncan marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2013
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2013
Katie Bigelow
Katie Bigelow marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2013
Lisette Hernandez
Lisette Hernandez marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2013
Libertad Araceli
Libertad Araceli marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2014
Kaycee
Kaycee marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Nadine Stoelman
Nadine Stoelman marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
This "author" was created to segregate those items which have ISBNs but are not actually books. For more information, see the manual and/or start a thread in the Librarians Group.

When an item which is not a book is imported via ISBN into Goodreads, it does no good to delete it: the item will only be re-imported as long as it remains on the feeder site. (Often these are book-related items which are
More about NOT A BOOK...