Start by marking “How to Be a Vampire” as Want to Read:
How to Be a Vampire

How to Be a Vampire (Ghosts of Fear Street #13)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  200 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Life was pretty average for Andrew. Until the morning he woke up undead. First there were bite marks on his neck. Then he tried to eat garlic—but that didn’t work out so well. And now he’s got this weird urge to sleep upside down....

Andrew’s kind of excited about being a vampire. He’ll get to fly, stay up all night, and tot
Published December 11th 2012 by Aladdin (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about How to Be a Vampire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Be a Vampire

Tara Calaby
(1.5 Stars)

Four reasons young readers will enjoy How To Be A Vampire

1. It's pure vampire fantasy. The protagonist, Andrew, gets to experience flight as a bat, travelling through cracks in doors as a red mist and running through the town as a wolf.

2. Young readers (and boys in particular) will enjoy the fighting between Andrew and his sister, and the tricks he plays on her. Like Andrew, they might also think that the best thing about being a vampire would be the possibility of scaring a sibling!

Navarr0 Newton
This was one of the first Vampire books i ever read!! will forever be one of my Favs!
Sami C
Not too scary, but not too dumbed down. When I read this back in the day, I didn't know what a bagel was. Now, whenever I have one, I think of this book.
Kimmy Nightingale
3.68 · rating details · 60 ratings · 5 reviews
One morning, Andrew woke up undead.
First there were the bite marks on his neck. Then he tried to eat garlic...yikes! And now he's got this weird urge to sleep upside down.

Not that Andrew minds turning into a vampire. He'll be able to stay up all night, fly, and scare his sister silly. Cool!

But then Andrew meets his vampire teacher, one really scary guy.

Andrew isn't ready for a lesson on how to sleep in a coffin -- or how to drink blood!

But does
Genee
I read this to my children last week ( Ages 6,8, and 11) and we all enjoyed it. It had a few frightening or intense scenes, but nothing too gruesome. There was humor relating to situations that children with siblings all tend to deal with. This was not one of my favorite vampire books, but it was a good for the children and it was a light read. If you're an adult, don't expect it to be on par with Twilight. This is written for a younger audience.
Tori Schaunaman
one anderw woke up un dead first were bite marks on his neck. then he tride to eat grlic...yikes!he almost choced to death.and now hes got this weird arge to sleep up side down. not that anderw minds turning in to a vampier.he can stay up all night,and scar his sister silly.but then anderw meets his vampier teacher, but anderw is int ready to sleep in a coffen or drink ...blood...euck.

i liked this book becuse it was funny and cool.
Alexis R
so far this book is good. It is bout a boy that loves to read book bout vampires.He also likes so scare his sister. (his name is Andrew)Andrew gets traped and then and now he is gettin to symptoms of a vampire (Well that is wat is friend said.(his friend said that he can not wait til Andrew becomes a vampire so that Andrew can change him into a vimpire too)
Terri
I wanted a light quick vamp read for New YEars so I chose this one. A boy who loves horror and is fascinated by vampires finds his life changed when he is bitten by one and starts changing into one - an official vampire-in-training
Agustina
It brings me back. One of the first vampire books I read. I got a little obsessed with it, to be honest. It's more for pre-teens.
Kimberly Lowe
How Do I Read? Where Do I Read? Please Tell Me, I Want To Read It So Bad
Jessie
This was bad. This was not a good R.L. Stine book at all.
Mia Claire
It was spooky but also funny.
Diana Ramdial
Its is such a good book
Treycell Houston
Treycell Houston marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Akhil Rajesh
Akhil Rajesh marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Shana Myers
Shana Myers marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Anna René
Anna René is currently reading it
Apr 19, 2015
Xuan Tan
Xuan Tan marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Helal
Helal marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Yvonne Yee
Yvonne Yee marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Leanne Cook
Leanne Cook marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Kelly Wilbanks-McClinton
Kelly Wilbanks-McClinton marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Shellii Huff
Shellii Huff marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
  • Night of the Vampire (Spooksville, #19)
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Aliens: Tales to Warp Your Mind
  • The Spell of the Sorcerer's Skull (Johnny Dixon, #3)
  • Your Basic Nightmare (SVH Senior Year, #6)
  • Knights Don't Teach Piano (Adventures Of The Bailey School Kids, #29)
  • The Haunted Clubhouse (Wishbone Mysteries, #2)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Ghosts of Fear Street (1 - 10 of 36 books)
  • Hide and Shriek (Ghosts of Fear Street, #1)
  • Who's Been Sleeping in My Grave? (Ghosts of Fear Street, #2)
  • The Attack of the Aqua Apes (Ghosts of Fear Street, #3)
  • Nightmare in 3-D (Ghosts of Fear Street, #4)
  • Stay Away From the Treehouse (Ghosts of Fear Street, #5)
  • Eye of the Fortuneteller (Ghosts of Fear Street, #6)
  • Fright Knight (Ghosts of Fear Street, #7)
  • The Ooze (Ghosts of Fear Street, #8)
  • Revenge of the Shadow People (Ghosts of Fear Street, #9)
  • The Bugman Lives (Ghosts of Fear Street, #10)
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)