Start by marking “Looking for You (Laurel Heights, #4)” as Want to Read:
Looking for You (Laurel Heights, #4)
Open Preview read book

Looking for You (Laurel Heights #4)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  3,705 ratings  ·  177 reviews
Gwendolyn Pierce has a secret. A big secret.

No one knows that the gourd artist is really the missing Grape Princess—the wine heiress who ran away fourteen years before. And that's the way Gwen likes it. No paparazzi recording her every mistake, no stern family disapproving of her life. She has her gourd shop in Laurel Heights and lives in peaceful bliss.

Until she meets Ri
Published August 23rd 2012 by Phoenix Rising Enterprises, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Looking for You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Looking for You

Kelli
This book was pretty good. Not great, but pretty good. Gwen was quirky and fun and made a great main character. I felt like we did not get to know Rick much more in this book. In fact, I felt like I learned more about him while reading Return to You than in this book. Still, there relationship was different than any of the past ones in the Laurel Heights series, and it made a good change.

Then there was Camille. She was annoying to say the least. She literally had no backbone. Even when she final
Julie Darley (Never judge a Book by its Movie)
Oakies, I'm slowly but surely working my way through the Chick Lit books I downloaded last Summer. Most all of them have been happy reads with warm, funny stories. This book doesn't quite fit into what I call Chick Lit but I got it because I knew it would have romance in it, and who doesn't want some romance while they are on vacation? (That's what I got it for)

Though I didn't read it while on vacation, instead it was read over two of the coldest days in South Texas it did warm my heart.

The stor
LaceyAnn C
So, I picked this book up as a daily freebie and figured "why not". Is is completely not my usually genre so I did not have high expectations. As it happens I was drawn in right away and couldn't put it down until it was down and now I must have the other 5 books in this series! What's more is- in addition to opening my mind to genres I'd normally skip over is... like I said in the title this book inspired me. The main character, Gwen is an artist. I myself used to draw, paint, and I am a photog ...more
~Justine of Bex 'n' Books
I am coming to learn that i can depend on Kate Perry for beautiful Contemporary Romances. This being only my second book of Kate's and of this series, i am very glad i grabbed while on special and read even though it was out of order. Since the other book i read was book one from the Laurel Heights series, i was able to identify characters and jump right into the story without the feeling of loss u tend to get when reading a series out of order.
Kate seems to have a way of teaching u life lessons
Athena
Finally something is happening between Gwen and Rick. The tensions has been building in the previous book and now they collide. They are still throwing words at each other, but it just was a matter of time before they caved in. The dynamic between these two was simply awesome and so fun to read.

Gwen is a wine heiress, but she left that life behind her to live in anonymity. Nobody knows who she is and she likes to keep it that way. Rick has always known Gwen was hiding something, but while trying
Nancy
Kate Perry's Laurel Heights series just keeps getting better and better. I really like the way a background character from one story becomes the main character in another story. I feel like I know the neighborhood, even when past heroines only put in an appearance a few times in each book. The Laurel Heights series is like watching a TV series with a great supporting cast. As always, though, reading is SO MUCH better than TV! I look forward to continuing to meet new friends in this charming circ ...more
Liz
I should have liked this more than I did.

Here's the basic story: Gwen owns Outta My Gourd (love the name) in LH; Rick is a PI. We met Rick in Return to You; he's also a good friend of Olivia's. Rick and Gwen seem to hate each other, but are attracted to each other, so we know where that's headed. Gwen is an artist but is also not who she seems... and has jumped through hoops to change her identity and get away from her greedy wealthy family. The problem is that she's such a good artist that she
Sandhya
Wow....this is the best read in the series till now for me. I enjoyed Looking for you very much. I loved Rick and Gwen. They were so awesome together. It was very exciting to read their bickering and interactions. A really fast-paced dialogues , i was awake till 3 am reading this book! The author had created interesting characters, Gwen the wine princess who is in hiding and Rick , a pivate investigation who was keen on unravelling Gwen's secrets!! The plotline was impressive.
I did not get bored
Wminbc
Hey...have you discovered Kate Perry yet??? If not, why not? Cute, quirky fun romance with same great friends and novel HEAs...come on...she's a gourd artist!

Quick and super fun...hit Laurel Heights this summer! Me out...
Stacy
Gwen is NUTS! Her character is just so loveable. And her banter with Rick and their obvious attraction add to the cuteness of this book. I'm glad things worked out for her secrets exposed and all!
Leah White
I love how Gwen and Rick's story was! It was a little predictable but I also liked the sideline romances that happen, it kept it interesting and It was funny!
Paula  Phillips
Gwendolyn Pierce has for the last seven years re-imaged herself into becoming what she is now, a gourd artist who lives a carefree bohemian life. However, life isn't all that it is cracked up to be as with changing and becoming who she wanted to be, she has had to leave a life and people she loved behind. Gwendolyn's real name is Genevieve De La Roche and is the granddaughter of French Wine Matriarch and with that comes wealth and keeping up appearances. Having enough with that lifestyle and ne ...more
Ewa
plus:
- I like this series
- meet again heroines and their men from previous books
- Gwen and her art (I didn't know that such things exist)
- I like Rick
- I liked, that when Gwen asked that Rick did not check her past for the duration of their relationship, he did it, even though it's against his nature.
- solving a problem of her assets
- Dylan & Camille story

minus:
- too quickly they went to bed
- an emotional bond didn't develop between them
- her violent reaction and lack of trust
- too short
- Ca
Joanna Brocklehurst smith
Really enjoyed this book, was a great addition to the Laurel Heights series.
Gwen, a gourd artist (yes I did have to look up what this was) and Rick the private investigator. Unfortunately you know there is going to be problems along the way when the lovely artist is hiding secrets and dating a PI. This only adds to the fun of the story.
I totally fell in love with Gwen myself and I would love to be like her.
This was yet another great read by Kate Perry and I am already looking forward to the nex
Kelsey Bowen
This is the third Kate Perry book I've read, and I'm done now. It's very difficult for me to find the romantic relationships of her protagonists believable enough (beyond sexual attraction) to discover their true love for each other and understand how they can so quickly agree to get married at the end of every book.

Also, this book is LITTERED with spelling errors and grammar mistakes. I mean, come on.

If you want a much, much better romance, read Rosalind James's books. SO much more satisfying.
Danielle
Review originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

This was another cute and charming read by Kate Perry. I've been waiting for the pairing between Gwen and Rick and this book did not disappoint. In previous books you could definitely sense the chemistry between these two. Yes, they was some hostility between them, but there was definite sparks flying. I loved both Gwen and Rick together. Not only were their scenes together hot but just I loved the dynamics between them.

Gwen is a local gourd a
Heather andrews
First thoughts of Rick, um.. he's kind of an arse, "good, it's unanimous." He leaned forward. "Look, I'm only offering the ride because if Olivia finds out I let you trek home in this she'll be pissed. You know Olivia." But as I got to know more of Gwen and Rick's relationship I thought he wasn't an arse but just honest, as their relationship continues to grow though I loved how they interacted with each other:
"We need boundaries."
"Fine, no whips." He tugged at her shirt to nibble on her colla
Susan Wilson
I have truly enjoyed reading previous books in the Laurel Heights series, and it seems they just keep getting better! It's very satisfying that the author brings her charming lead characters along, weaving them into subsequent tales; have you ever read a really good novel and just hated when it ended, because you weren't ready to say "goodbye" to the characters you had grown to love? With Kate Perry's novels, no need! They are there, living their happy/sad/normal/exciting lives and being loyal f ...more
Theresa
Such a different idea having TWO love stories per book. One as the main story with another one (a neighbor, relative, etc.) on the side. The main characters are usually neighbors/friends of each other, sometimes store owners in the Laurel Heights district of San Francisco.

This one is about a gourd artist named Quen. She's the owner of shop 'Out of my Gourd', who is hiding from a secret past. Rick is her love interest. He's a private investigator, which is not a good combination, but they finall
Stefani
Jun 10, 2013 Stefani rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Kate Perry fans
Looking for You is another book from the Laurel Heights series by Kate Perry. In this book, we have the opportunity to meet again with Eve and Olivia, but we also encounter the beautiful Gwendolyn. Once known as the "Grape Princess" and heiress of a French empire, she is now a gourd artist in San Francisco. Only one person suspects that she had left a secret behind. The PI Rick is intrigued and begins to investigate her past. He falls in love with her in the process. There is a dispute between t ...more
Sharreb
I dont know why i just love this book. dont let the lower rating misled you, please give it a try and you may love it like i do.

Gwen strikes me on all the right chords. I think she capture my heart with the scene where she rollerblades and enjoyed the rain. She might be lying by omission but with good reasons. She's brave enough to leave behind her old life rich in physical wealth but poor in happiness, to chase what she loves and do it and live happily.

I love her artistic side, her vibrant side
Alicia
The main character of Looking For You had a cool backstory and I really liked the premise of the whole novel. However, I feel like the book was just like any other quick, romantic love story. Really, when you read a ton of these type of books they almost all blur together. Besides the backstory, there really was nothing exceptional about the plot or the writing. Everything was really predictable.

The book started out with "It was a dark and stormy night." When I read that I had to fight the urge
Casey Rock
Looking For You is book #4 in Kate Perry's Laurel Heights series { I've already read books #1 and #3.} It's about a girl, Geneviéve, who was born a raised the heir to a wine fortune in France. She hated the pressure of living in the spotlight and with a little coaching from her grandmother, she left her family and started a new life for herself across the pond, as Gwendolyn.

Gwen kept her past close to her vest and manage to avoid being found out for years. Until she started dating a private inv
Bungluna
By this point, the Laurel Heights series is like a drug habit I cannot kick.

This time around we have an heiress-on-the-run heroine, a borderline stalker hero and a secondary story about mommy issues. It's not that the writing is bad, for me the problem is that the characters seem to confuse lust with love and act in illogical (for me) ways. Still, I find myself wanting to continue to find out what comes next.

Am I train-wreck-spotting or just following reading inertia?
Lizz
Returning to this series after an intermission (not sure why I stopped reading when I did -- unlike me to not go tearing all the wy thru a series). LOVED Gwen! Such doll, but I wish we had gotten to know a little more about Rick. I loved him in the previous book, and felt somewhat slighted here. Camille.... While I'm glad that she realized how awful what she did to Gwen was, I still wanted to bean her. I hope she moves away from her toxic b*tch of a mother!!
Jane
This is the 4th one of Kate Perry's books I've read (all in the Laurel Heights series) and I've enjoyed each one more than the last. I love her character development and the way that main characters from the previous books still show up.

This is my favorite so far because Gwen is such an intricate personality. Who does fine art on gourds, for pity sake! Anyway, read the books. They're an enjoyable waste of time that will leave you sighing pleasurably.
Diana
Okay, first of all this is a very good story. The characters are likable, the situtations realistic and the dialogue is wonderful; not too mushy, not too harsh. So why not 5 stars? Well, two mail reasons. Reason #1- Typos!!!!!! Many, many typos that kept pulling me out of the story and making me go "Whaaaa???" It wasn't that I couldn't figure out what was supposed to be written, I could figure it out, but it still pulled me out of the story for a moment to try to figure out the correct word. Rea ...more
Antrell Weaver
This book did take me out of the "norm". It was an intriguing story. How Gwen hid herself all those years to forgo being hassled by the paparazzi. She started her gourd shop and met the ever loving Rick. Trying to figure it what she had hidden, he would have never guessed it was she was the missing "grape princess". Their story has their own twists and turns but ultimately Kate Perry reeled me in with her sassy style of writing.
Josephine Barly
The undeniable chemistry between Gwen and Rick finally has its own novel - and it's great! One of the best books of the series, the characters are believable and although I couldn't relate to them in a general aspect (I'm not super rich or come from a wealthy family), I could relate to how they acted, and found their evolution quite believable.
It's also sexy and funny, one of the best books from the Laurel Heights series.
Lburt
I'm a little bit sad that Freya and Greg haven't popped back in these stories. Everyone else is still here. Eve and Treat & Olivia and Micheal. Also Freya sister Anne they had a great story started there to that I'm sad I don't get to read more about. Loving these characters though. And the series although sometimes predictable has kept me turning page after page.
  • Shoe Strings
  • Kiss Me
  • This Time Next Door (Oakland Hills, #2)
  • A Man For The Summer
  • Twice Tempted (Holland Springs, #2)
  • Truth or Date (Better Date than Never, #2)
  • Cross My Heart (Landry, #2)
  • A Soft Place to Fall (Shelter Rock Cove, #1)
  • Can't Let Go
  • Deliver Me
  • Breathe for Me (Be for Me, #1)
  • Her Favorite Temptation (Mathews Sisters, #1)
  • Offside (The Barker Triplets, #1)
  • Breaking All the Rules
  • Private Paradise (Private, #2)
  • Exposing Alix
  • The Wedding Dress Diaries (The Wedding Season, #0.5)
  • Summer Lovin' (Seasons of Love #1)
Kate has tangoed at midnight with a man in blue furry chaps, dueled with flaming swords in the desert, and strutted on bar tops across the world and back. She’s been kissed under the Eiffel Tower, had her butt pinched in Florence, and been serenaded in New Orleans. But she found Happy Ever After in San Francisco with her Magic Man.

Kate’s the bestselling author of the Laurel Heights Novels, as well
More about Kate Perry...
Perfect for You (Laurel Heights, #1) Return to You (Laurel Heights, #3) Close to You (Laurel Heights, #2) Dream of You (Laurel Heights, #5) Tamed by You (Laurel Heights, #7)

“it's not a matter of knowing what to do, it's allowing yourself to be free enough to see possibilities.” 1 likes
“That was the thing about being a copy of the original—the copy was always a blurry version of the original.” 1 likes