Centauriad #2: A Gathering of Wings

Centauriad #2: A Gathering of Wings (Centauriad #2)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  11 reviews
In A Gathering of Wings, Malora leaves the safety of Mount Kheiron for the bush and the bustling city of the Ka in search of Sky, the stallion who used to lead Malora's herd of horses. Accompanied by her closest friends, Malora is faced with making decisions about her future in new ways.
Published June 15th 2013 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Centauriad #2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Centauriad #2

Aiyana
I was very pleased with the second book of the Centauriad series. At first, I was disappointed because I assumed there were only going to be two books in the series, but many other readers seem to think that there will be more so I remain hopeful. I really like Lume, and am happy that he finally made an appearance that wasn't just in Malora's dreams. I am also anxious to see if Aron's prediction was right, and she will have twins. I hope so. I don't like that Zephele is mean to other kinds that...more
Cayleigh
This is the second book in the series that started with Daughter of the Centaurs, and I enjoyed it a lot more than the first book. Mostly because I had gotten over the hangups (See review of the first novel) and decided to just enjoy the ride. This book has more danger and action to it than the second half of the first novel. We get more Lume (yay!) but I had to take some points away because whilst Lume is in this book we are tantalized and teased with his presence though I suspect he will, fin...more
Candace (Lovey Dovey Books)
Kate Klimo doubles the action and adventure in the sequel to Daughter of the Centaurs! Malora Ironbound, now known as Malora Victorious, has settled into life on Mount Kheiron. The Apex allowed her to choose her hand as a blacksmith and has even given her a permanent residence. A Gathering of Wings sees Malora leaving her new home to hunt the 'Nightmare Demon' that shows her lead horse, Sky, in danger.

Within a series, the best feature possible is when the author kicks it up a notch with each ins...more
Charlotte
I seen this book on a display of new arrivals at my local library and snatched it up only to realize that it's the second book so after reading the first one, I was eager to dive into this one even more.

The whole concept of various myths made real is a genre that I love to read. And this world is no exception. What really intrigues me is that Klimo went as far as bringing in other myths as well, not just the ones about half humans. I found it quirky and humorous that she brought in some of the b...more
Amber
Honestly I was very disappointed by this book. The first one held so much promise, but this one fell flat. I forgot that she wrote in present tense. It really detracts from the story because it is so unfamiliar to me. My mind can't quite get into the story because its trying to adjust to present tense. As far as content goes, she had the right idea but it just felt like it was missing something. Three stars because the content was good, and it really was a decent story, but not good enough for f...more
Rachel
Both incredibly unique and thematically familiar, this series is a surprise at every turn.
Dani
Wow, random book, but I really enjoyed it.
The first book makes a hell of a lot more sense when you've read this one, the world definitely makes more sense. xD
There was a lot more going on in this one, plus Lume. He was a definite bonus..
If there's to be a third book, I want more Lume. :P
Alex
This sequel was full to the rim with adventure! Malora is so brave! This book was the perfect, but the end seemed a bit rushed and confusing. I think the author could have made another book after it.
Cece
Better than I expected in some ways, and not so good in others. I feel slightly cheated by the ending, but overall it was a good book for young readers that was worth reading. A solid 2.5 stars.
Kim Heimbuch
Update 4/14/13- Review coming soon as I have to wait for it appear at it's original review site listing.
Rissa
Rissa marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Tess
Tess added it
Sep 13, 2014
Mae M.
Mae M. marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Elle
Elle marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Danyel Anastasiou
Danyel Anastasiou marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Izabela
Izabela marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Miranda
Miranda marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Emely
Emely is currently reading it
Sep 08, 2014
Min
Min marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Veronica Vannoy
Veronica Vannoy marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Alexa Gramm
Alexa Gramm marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Nellie Flores
Nellie Flores marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Zelfie
Zelfie added it
Aug 04, 2014
Victoria
Victoria is currently reading it
Jul 31, 2014
The Dragon in the Sock Drawer (Dragon Keepers, #1) The Dragon in the Driveway (Dragon Keepers, #2) Daughter of the Centaurs (Centauriad, #1) The Dragon in the Library (Dragon Keepers, #3) The Dragon in the Volcano (Dragon Keepers #4)