Start by marking “A Gathering of Wings (Centauriad, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Gathering of Wings (Centauriad, #2)

A Gathering of Wings (Centauriad #2)

In A Gathering of Wings, Malora leaves the safety of Mount Kheiron for the bush and the bustling city of the Ka in search of Sky, the stallion who used to lead Malora's herd of horses. Accompanied by her closest friends, Malora is faced with making decisions about her future in new ways.
Published June 15th 2013 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2013)

Cayleigh
Jul 29, 2013 Cayleigh rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2013
This is the second book in the series that started with Daughter of the Centaurs, and I enjoyed it a lot more than the first book. Mostly because I had gotten over the hangups (See review of the first novel) and decided to just enjoy the ride. This book has more danger and action to it than the second half of the first novel. We get more Lume (yay!) but I had to take some points away because whilst Lume is in this book we are tantalized and teased with his presence though I suspect he will, fin ...more
Lovey Dovey Books
Kate Klimo doubles the action and adventure in the sequel to Daughter of the Centaurs! Malora Ironbound, now known as Malora Victorious, has settled into life on Mount Kheiron. The Apex allowed her to choose her hand as a blacksmith and has even given her a permanent residence. A Gathering of Wings sees Malora leaving her new home to hunt the 'Nightmare Demon' that shows her lead horse, Sky, in danger.

Within a series, the best feature possible is when the author kicks it up a notch with each ins
Aiyana
I was very pleased with the second book of the Centauriad series. At first, I was disappointed because I assumed there were only going to be two books in the series, but many other readers seem to think that there will be more so I remain hopeful. I really like Lume, and am happy that he finally made an appearance that wasn't just in Malora's dreams. I am also anxious to see if Aron's prediction was right, and she will have twins. I hope so. I don't like that Zephele is mean to other kinds that ...more
Charlotte
Sep 07, 2013 Charlotte rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I seen this book on a display of new arrivals at my local library and snatched it up only to realize that it's the second book so after reading the first one, I was eager to dive into this one even more.

The whole concept of various myths made real is a genre that I love to read. And this world is no exception. What really intrigues me is that Klimo went as far as bringing in other myths as well, not just the ones about half humans. I found it quirky and humorous that she brought in some of the b
Leah Cole
Oct 02, 2015 Leah Cole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Great YA series. I shared it with some teen friends and they absolutely loved it. We would love a third in the series. Hint, hint.
Amber
Nov 16, 2013 Amber rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Honestly I was very disappointed by this book. The first one held so much promise, but this one fell flat. I forgot that she wrote in present tense. It really detracts from the story because it is so unfamiliar to me. My mind can't quite get into the story because its trying to adjust to present tense. As far as content goes, she had the right idea but it just felt like it was missing something. Three stars because the content was good, and it really was a decent story, but not good enough for f ...more
Melody Hamort
Rachel
Apr 08, 2014 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Both incredibly unique and thematically familiar, this series is a surprise at every turn.
Stephanie
Dec 16, 2014 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So truly I enjoyed the book there was suspense thought the book. It was well written with action and romance. It's a great book for 5th graders through 8th graders
Lilibeth
This was a pretty good sequel to the first book. The plot was entertaining and the characters decent but I wish more had happened because this felt like a book for the sake of a book. The character that developed the most throughout the story was Zephele but she wasn't one the characters that I was interested in. Overall this was just a decent read and I would recommend the series if you like adventure, fantasy, and a smart independent heroine lead.

Shannon
I've loved both books in this series. I want to say there are more than just two because I've never seen a series with only 2 books since it is not really a series then. It is also no help when the author's website is not current. I guess we will just have to wait and see if there is another book printed.
Chong Chin-Ning
This book has a brilliant setting and characters - I love their manner of speech. How refined they sound! The entire story is unique and fascinating, with strong characters that are not despicable in any way. Normally I wouldn't like a book that describes its characters so distantly, but this one makes the characters so likable. None of them seem very big on dwelling on their emotions, and that's a welcome relief in a story.
Dani
Apr 10, 2014 Dani rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, random book, but I really enjoyed it.
The first book makes a hell of a lot more sense when you've read this one, the world definitely makes more sense. xD
There was a lot more going on in this one, plus Lume. He was a definite bonus..
If there's to be a third book, I want more Lume. :P
Alex
Sep 18, 2013 Alex rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This sequel was full to the rim with adventure! Malora is so brave! This book was the perfect, but the end seemed a bit rushed and confusing. I think the author could have made another book after it.
Cece
Dec 15, 2013 Cece rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Better than I expected in some ways, and not so good in others. I feel slightly cheated by the ending, but overall it was a good book for young readers that was worth reading. A solid 2.5 stars.
Synnie
Jul 24, 2016 Synnie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
This was... odd. Very odd. Aspects of it I liked but the whole thing with the Wonder was just weird and really really really creepy once you think about it.
Kim Heimbuch
Update 4/14/13- Review coming soon as I have to wait for it appear at it's original review site listing.
Jessie
Jessie rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2016
Darkheart
Darkheart marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2016
Sapphire
Sapphire marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2016
Lisa Bennett willis
Lisa Bennett willis rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2016
Sandy Emerson
Sandy Emerson marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
Lily
Lily marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2016
Kendra Stegemoller
Kendra Stegemoller marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2016
Haylee
Haylee added it
Jul 16, 2016
Mjkluio789
Mjkluio789 marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Linda Ulleseit
Linda Ulleseit rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2016
Kwang-rei
Kwang-rei marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2016
Ami
Ami marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
  • Mirage (Above World, #2)
  • Darkness Shall Fall (Aedyn Chronicles #3)
  • City of Ice (City Trilogy, #2)
  • The Zombie Next Door (Zombie Zappers, #3)
  • Catch Rider
  • Samantha's Journey (Thoroughbred Super Edition)
  • Most Beautiful Words
  • The Swarm Descends (Ferals #2)
  • Silent Harmony (Fairmont Riding Academy, #1)
  • The Book of Storms (The Book of Storms Trilogy, #1)
  • The Last Enchanter
  • Bad Luck Girl (The American Fairy, #3)
  • The Demon Ororon, Vol. 1 (The Demon Ororon, #1)
  • Playing with Fire (School for S.P.I.E.S., #1)
  • Super Schnoz and the Gates of Smell
  • Meeting Chance
  • Eyes in the Mirror

Centauriad (2 books)
  • Daughter of the Centaurs (Centauriad, #1)