Hiding His Witness

Hiding His Witness

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  10 reviews
"Which of you is the real Carey?" Detective Reilly Truman has dealt with frightened witnesses before, but his gut tells him Carey Smith is on the run. And whoever she's running from terrifies her far more than any serial killer. Carey trusts no one. But Reilly is determined to protect the vulnerable beauty despite her resistance.

As they hide out together at his family's se...more
Published September 1st 2012 by Harlequin Romantic Suspense (first published August 21st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Hiding His Witness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hiding His Witness

Melissa Cutler
What a great debut book by C.J. Miller! My favorite parts of the story happened at hero Reilly Truman's family ranch. His tough, loving family really reminded me of the main family in Maya Banks's KGI series.

Reilly and Carey have palpable chemistry, even when her life's in danger and the world is falling apart around them. I'm hoping that Reilly's brothers get their own books soon. *fingers crossed*
Meghan
Let me preface this blog entry with an apology. I have been reading quite a bit, but just haven’t gotten around to writing about it. I promised this review to C.J. Miller last year! I just recently got around to reading the book over the summer. This is what comes from having hundreds of books at home to read. So, here we go!

Hiding His Witness opens with main character Carey Smith walking home from work. As she is passing an alley, she thwarts an attempted murder in progress. When detective Reil...more
Paula Legate
WOW! This is one of the BEST books I’ve read in awhile. All the charactors in this book, besides the bad guys were easy to like. Carrie was running from two people that wanted her dead. Detective Reilly and his family were there to protect her. This book had it all, action, romance, and lots of suspense. This was a book I found hard to put down. I know I will be re reading this book again. It was hard to find a sample because the whole book is just so good!

Sample from Chapter 8
She stood, stayin...more
Deanna
Enjoyed reading this story. Familiar plot but every author approaches things differently and I liked this new author's approach and voice. Good characters with twist to the usual trope. Solid debut book. Looking forward to reading more by this author in the future.

Also, I am really hoping to read Brady's story in the future. Loved him the moment he showed up on the page (or kindle screen, as it were).
W.C. Hart
This was C.J. Miller's first published book and I think she did an excellent job. She has the ability to crisply describe her scenes and keeps the story movnig along. I generally do not read books from this genre but I very much enjoyed reading this one. Excellent job and I am looking forward to reading her next one. Well done!
Emily Higgins
Detective Reilly Truman must keep his witness,"Carey", to attempted murder by a serial killer safe until the suspect is caught. What Reilly does not know is that "Carey" is also running from a mobster who wishes to kill her. This is a short novel with some elements that stretch reality.
Viohlet
I'm so disappointed; I just discovered this is C.J's debut novel. Which means I have nothing more of hers to read like I'd planned. I loved every second of this. It was brilliantly written. So pleased to see such a wonderfully talented new author.
Stephanie
Fluff with little to no character development but I wasn't exactly expecting high quality or anything.
A Full Bookshelf
Actual: 3.5

More to come.
Shari
Shari added it
Jun 15, 2014
Irene
Irene marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2014
Angie
Angie added it
Jan 23, 2014
Krystal
Krystal marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2013
Julie Foster
Julie Foster marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2013
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2013
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2013
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2013
Sheryl
Sheryl marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2013
April
April marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
A third generation romance reader and the first in her family to write professionally, C.J. published her first book in 2012.

She lives in Maryland with her family. C.J. believes in first loves, second chances, and happily ever after.
More about C.J. Miller...
Shielding the Suspect Traitorous Attraction Protecting His Princess Under the Sheik's Protection