Start by marking “Keeping Score ~ A Guide to Love and Relationships” as Want to Read:
Keeping Score ~ A Guide to Love and Relationships
read book* *Different edition

Keeping Score ~ A Guide to Love and Relationships

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  27 reviews
It's a relationship book even a man will read.

Keeping Score provides a relationship evaluation quiz followed by a common sense guide for relationship improvement, all with a humorous twist. You can determine if your relationship has the qualities it takes for a successful marriage and lasting love affair.

If you're single- read this book to see how well your potential life
Published July 1st 2012

To ask other readers questions about Keeping Score ~ A Guide to Love and Relationships, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Keeping Score ~ A Guide to Love and Relationships

Ashley
When I first sat down to read "Keeping Score" by Marc Brackett I didn't realize how much contemplation and consideration was going to be involved. It was quite deceiving. I expected to fly through this little book in a day or two, not the week it took. It was a great little journey and, with the help of personal quizzes, provides some great insights into relationships and marriage.

This book actually works alongside Marc's website, www.keepingscorebook.com, for assistance in downloading worksheet
Tiffany York
The author writes, "There's no fairy tale about the princess who settles for the inn keeper's drunken son, or at least there's no happily ever after ending to such a story."

Indeed. This is not a book to be read in hindsight after all the damage is done and your relationship has fallen apart. Ideally, this book should be read before getting married. Oftentimes, people are blinded by love, but the reality of marriage is so much more practical. The questions listed here are questions one should con
Sandra Stiles

I grew up watching westerns on television. I can honestly say that this is the first western novel I’d ever read. It took me back many years. The main character, Morgan Kane is a Teas ranger. He finds himself seeking revenge. While trying to bring a man in, he is forced to kill him. The man’s brother and friends set out to “make things right”. They know his weaknesses for women, alcohol and gambling, and they use these to lure him in. After losing a very large sum of money in a poker game he’s l
Nada
Keeping Score is a self help book about relationships, how to deal with them and what to expect from both sides of the relationships. Whether you're in a relationship or not, this book will help you prepare for what will come in the future of your relationship or your future relationships.

This is my second Self-help relationship book I've read, and there wasn't much difference between the two. Keeping Score is interesting because it give you insight in what a relationship will probably be like
My Book Addiction and More MBA
KEEPING SCORE is an okay read. This is a guide, a scorecard, for your relationships. Women will read the “EVE” and men, “ADAM”. You complete the quiz, find out the differences and see where improvements can be made, or if you should rethink your relationships. You can use this guide if you are single, married or dating. The information is interesting but it is all based on one’s perception. Depending on you and your partner’s relationship, or your perception of the relationship you could have pr ...more
Book Him Danno
This is a great book for people looking to improve their relationships. I think the scoring things will add a bit of competition to the process which may be great for certain individuals. Some men may enjoy getting competitive and some women. I’m not competitive, but it is easy to read a score and then find out what that means. With so many ‘Self-Help’ books out there it is difficult to wade though and find the best ones for you to read and follow.

Men and women communicate differently and they s
Valentina
This is not the usual kind of book for me. I tend to stay away from these relationship-improvement books, but this one caught my attention and I had to give it a try.
There were many good things about it. I enjoyed the author’s honesty in dealing with both sexes, from the personal test to the scores and their meanings. I also really liked the idea of being able to interact with other readers across the web with keepingscorebook.com. It makes the book interactive, which, when dealing with this su
Eline
At first I wanted to give this book 2.5 stars, but since that's not possible on Goodreads I doubted wether I would give it a 2 or a 3. A 2 was not enough and a 3 was a little too much. Than I thought: well, maybe I didn't like this book so much because I couldn't really "use" it at this point in my life. That's why I gave 3 stars to "Keeping Score - A guide to love and relationships".

Although I didn't like the book so much, I have to admit there were some parts I found interesting. Other parts
Tamera Lawrence
Relationships. We start them as soon as we are born, beginning with our parents, siblings, etc. Then comes that special someone that you want to spend the rest of your life with. But is love enough to get you through the ups and downs of commitment? Take a deeper look into your own relationship and find out how you rate. KEEPING SCORE is a fun and yet serious look into the many woes both men and women face in their relationship and the way we look at ourselves. Take the quiz and see how you scor ...more
Jody
About This Book

It's a relationship book even a man will read.

If you're single- read this book to see how well your potential life partner measures up.

If you're married- read this book to reduce conflict and increase your happiness.

Take con
Kimberly
I received this book from a First-Reads giveaway and immediately my husband and I sat down with it once it arrived.
With the exception of one other book - this is the first time we have both read a self-help relationship book of this nature.
We found the dialogue fun and light as we answered through the questions and when we finished - we compared our scores.
I felt a little deflated at the end mainly because we both realized that we did not learn anything new about each other. It felt as if we w
guiltlessreader
Anjan Roy

At a point in life we all feel life would have been much easier if we could get the luxury, a guide to move forward in life specially when dealing with relationships. Whoever we may be, we all fall into the cavity of echelons and fight it out to keep hold of our relations and not be considered a failure. ‘Keeping Score’ is an impelling tool to bifurcate failing relations as it focuses on strengthening one’s weaknesses by an evaluation method.

‘Keeping Score’ is broadly categorized into two catego
Lubna
As the author points out in one of his blog posts, Over the past few decades, the common sense knowledge that men and women communicate differently has been proven time and again through numerous studies. Regrettably though, this knowledge hasn't improved our ability to communicate with one another- well, not enough anyway. So if we are aware that men and women communicate differently, then why can’t we learn to communicate better?
Perhaps a serious reader of this book, needs to also visit the au
Anisha Vasudevan
The author of book had sent me a copy of the book in exchange for an unbiased opinion.
The author claims Keeping Score is a relationship book even a man will read. I wouldn't doubt that. This book is a very straight forward book regarding relationships. This wonderful pocket sized book can be targeted not only for married/committed couples but also for singles. The book is in the format of a questionnaire, which peaked my interest. Set up in sections, it has questions for both men and women. Firs
Katie/Doing Dewey
Based on the somewhat confrontational title, this probably isn’t a book I’d have just picked up. What drew me in was one of the best notes I’ve ever received from an author. He mentioned that the book contained quizzes which I’ve loved ever since I discovered Cosmo in middle school. He also mentioned that the website contained extra scientific backing for the theories presented in the book, which he’d decided to keep non-technical. After reading it, I’d like to add that the book is also much mor ...more
Adam
Keeping Score describes a point system that makes it easier to evaluate your love life. Whether you’re dating or married, this book provides the guidance to improve your relationship.

Since I was asked to review this book I had some fun with it. The book provides the reader with a set of questions based on whether you’re male or female. I’m not interested in anyone at the moment so I tried my best to inhabit the female mind and see what kind of score the real me would get. I would be considered a
Bex 'n' Books
Reviewer: Bex
Rating: 3.5 stars of 5

Keeping Score provided an insightful outlook into how individuals and couples handle their relationships. It it written in an easy to comprehend, no-nonsense kind of way with interactive tasks that engaged me and made me curious for my feedback.

Whilst the information, support and advice offered wasn't brand new and original,it successfully made me pause and spend sometime considering how I approached and responded to my marriage. This is a good thing for sure.
Tiffany
I wasn't sure how I would feel about reading this one. Of course I want to know how my relationship stands but at the same time I really didn't want to know. This book was quick and painless. Marc Brackett has separate sections for the Ladies and the Men. I love the easy to read, straight to the point format and how the evaluation is broken up within each chapter. This is a practical tool for everyone in or thinking about being in a relationship. Keeping Score has allowed me to look at my relati ...more
Meredith
This book is a quick read with a test for him and her, for single or married couples, then goes over each section. I also like how you can go online and keep score and print off your answers (www.keepingscorebook.com). There is a his and hers test area to compare.
I am also very happy that my husband and I have scored above average. I had my doubts on some questions and this book actually helped me realize we are doing pretty awesome. :)
Marie
Keeping Score sounded like an interesting book so I decided to enter the first-reads giveaway and to my surprise I was a winner. It was an interesting read especially looking at the men's questions. Although I am currently not in a relationship I felt this book gives me an understanding of which areas need to be discussed.
Alberto Finamore
I'm not much of a reader of guides in improving self-relationship, but this one caught my attention. This is a book to read by the couple, which set it apart from others. Its reading is light and funny and if you are really interested you can improve your relationship with your partner reading it together.
I liked it very much.
Paddy O'callaghan

This light-hearted though serious book is full of humour and wisdom for those in or seeking relationships. On thewhole it seems very logical and intuitive, and I truly believe that it will be a source for good in the lives of all who uses it.
Melissa
This is a book that's full of good information and tools for evaluating your relationship. Full review to come. *I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Megan
I enjoyed this book and it helped learn a lot and gave me great ideas to help in my marriage!!! I would recommend any couple married or not to read this book!
Meester Uttley
Dec 30, 2012 Meester Uttley marked it as to-read
Shelves: giveaway-books
Looks good.
Alexis
Alexis marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Sheena
Sheena marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Caitlyn Milstead
Caitlyn Milstead marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
  • Stop Eating Your Heart Out: The 21-Day Program to Free Yourself from Emotional Eating
  • Time Out, Tune In, Turn On: Live the Path of Your Heart
  • Strange Places (Finding Tayna, #1)
  • What I Did On My Midlife Crisis Vacation
  • 8 Weeks to a Better Relationship
  • The Twelve Days to Christmas (Single in the City)
  • What Women Think About
  • Sophomore Campaign (Mickey Tussler, #2)
  • Create and Move Forward in Life
  • Someone Else's Dream
  • Until My Soul Gets It Right (The Bibliophiles #2)
  • Finding Compassion in China: A Bicycle Journey Into the Countryside
  • Sparks Off You
  • You Know Your Way Home: A Modern Initiation Journey
  • The Massive Kiss
  • Lies Love Tells
  • Twelve Months
  • Cupid's Christmas
Keeping Score (a Guide to Love and Relationships) Keeping Score (A Guide to Love and Relationships)