Thundersword (Guardians Inc., #2)

Thundersword (Guardians Inc. #2)

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  94 ratings  ·  11 reviews
GUARDIANS INC. BOOK 2: THUNDERSWORD

The search for the Book of Concord is on the brink of failure.

Guardians Inc. can’t move without being followed by the Azure Guard, and the balance between Magic and Technology has begun to shift giving Magical creatures a stronger hold in our world.

With new enemies arising and old alliances breaking up, the Guardians need an urgent vict...more
Published October 10th 2012 by Createspace (first published September 20th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Thundersword, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thundersword

Katy
Feb 04, 2013 Katy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of YA paranormal fiction, Urban Fantasy
Shelves: borrowed-to-read
Please note: Originally read and reviewed Dec. 30, 2012. Just fixing some errors I noticed when I was re-reading my review.

Book Info: Genre: Urban Fantasy
Reading Level: Young Adult
Recommended for: Fans of YA urban fantasy, intricate world-building

My Thoughts: I’m so happy I had decided to do a Amazon Prime test so I was able to borrow and read this book right after Cypher, the first book in this series (review here where formatting allowed), which I just loved. This second book in the series is...more
Deborah
I read the first book last week and was happy to find that a 2nd book had been written.
This is young adult teen fiction, based on mythology.
The main character, Thomas reluctantly accepts a job at a strange library. During the course of events he soon learns that he can read any written language, ancient or modern.
He also learns that his beloved Grandfather has the same ability.

Taken by the "bad team" Thomas accepts the role of guardian and the quest of finding a mysterious book, but his real pur...more
Penni
The first book was great and this one is even more amazing. If you love mythology, magic and action you should consider reading both Guardians Inc. Books.
Thomas and his team are looking for clues to find the Book of Concord, but they are not alone. The Azure Guard is right behind them each step of the way. Now Thomas has to find a way to shake them off.

I've noticed some people who seem to think Thomas acts too young. I think that they've been reading too much YA fiction, in which teens are pret...more
Walid
This sequel to the cypher will have you wanting for more. Tom wants to stop his grandfather from spying on him. First he visits a dark man or dealmaker (I think) who gives him a start to stop. Then Tom visits some cursed people and then travels to Asgard (Yeah I know) and learns a very valuable lesson trying to stop the war between fauns (Yeah I know) and humans. Highly recommended book and keep reading!
Betty
Second book in the series. I'm still deciding if I like it or not. Definitely young adult lit but waivers between really young and older young. Has some familiar themes, but takes them in new directions.
Gary Varney
A good read... lots of action... a few grammatical errors between 300-330... And a dramatic twist of events that I am not sure was totally needed, but there is another book in the series so we will see...
Gene Rosso
really enjoying this series
Rosemary Daly
I am truly enjoying this series. Fast moving, compelling and love the characters.
Mike
This series is surprisingly good for a nearly free book. There are a lot of mistakes, but how much can you complain about in a nearly free book?
Julie
This sequel had some swearing in it, but still a fun and interesting read. I am looking forward to the next installment.
Jab843
Great Sequel!
Gabriel
Gabriel marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Steph
Steph marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Jesus Salinas
Jesus Salinas marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Kerou Chang
Kerou Chang marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Muhsketchy
Muhsketchy marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Jacy
Jacy marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Natalie Gamble
Natalie Gamble marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
  • Unhappily Ever After (The Librarian, #2)
  • Jacob of Avondale
  • Fashionably Dead Down Under (Hot Damned, #2)
  • Sword Bearer
  • The Yu Dragon (80AD, #5)
  • Robin Hood Hacker Collection
  • Carpe DiEmily (Part 1)
  • Mary Baker and The Eye of the Tiger
  • The Henchmen's Book Club
  • Hungry, Hungry, Hoodoo (Easy Bake Coven, #2)
  • Heritage (The Grimoire Saga, #3)
  • Curse of the Ice Dragon (Keepers of the Stones, #1)
  • Midnight in St. Petersburg
  • The Black & The White
  • Deep Fried and Pickled (The Rachael O'Brien Chronicles #1)
  • When the Hero Comes Home
  • Army of Sorrow (Donegal Sidhe, #1)
  • Atticus for the Undead
The Cypher (Guardians Inc. #1) The Four Legged Prophet (Guardians Inc., #3) Guardians Inc.:The Book of Beasts: A companion to the Guardians Inc Series. The Man In the Trench Coat

“Lorean? The Doctor’s TARDIS?” “Whose TARDIS?” Thomas asked. “That’s right.” Mr. Pianova smiled.“Blue box and every interior the Doctor has roamed in.” “Doctor who?” Thomas asked again, He had never heard anything about a time travelling doctor, and he doubted Mr. Pianova referred to Doctor Franco. “Exactly,” Mr. Pianova said, deepening his confusion. So Thomas decided to let it go.” 0 likes
“What makes us human are our flaws.” 0 likes