Start by marking “Thundersword (Guardians Inc., #2)” as Want to Read:
Thundersword (Guardians Inc., #2)

Thundersword (Guardians Inc. #2)

4.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  219 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
GUARDIANS INC. BOOK 2: THUNDERSWORD

The search for the Book of Concord is on the brink of failure.

Guardians Inc. can’t move without being followed by the Azure Guard, and the balance between Magic and Technology has begun to shift giving Magical creatures a stronger hold in our world.

With new enemies arising and old alliances breaking up, the Guardians need an urgent vict
Published October 10th 2012 by Createspace (first published September 20th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Thundersword, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thundersword

Katy
Feb 04, 2013 Katy rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of YA paranormal fiction, Urban Fantasy
Shelves: borrowed-to-read
Please note: Originally read and reviewed Dec. 30, 2012. Just fixing some errors I noticed when I was re-reading my review.

Book Info: Genre: Urban Fantasy
Reading Level: Young Adult
Recommended for: Fans of YA urban fantasy, intricate world-building

My Thoughts: I’m so happy I had decided to do a Amazon Prime test so I was able to borrow and read this book right after Cypher, the first book in this series (review here where formatting allowed), which I just loved. This second book in the series is
Deborah
Jan 13, 2013 Deborah rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
I read the first book last week and was happy to find that a 2nd book had been written.
This is young adult teen fiction, based on mythology.
The main character, Thomas reluctantly accepts a job at a strange library. During the course of events he soon learns that he can read any written language, ancient or modern.
He also learns that his beloved Grandfather has the same ability.

Taken by the "bad team" Thomas accepts the role of guardian and the quest of finding a mysterious book, but his real pur
Penni
Nov 02, 2012 Penni rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
The first book was great and this one is even more amazing. If you love mythology, magic and action you should consider reading both Guardians Inc. Books.
Thomas and his team are looking for clues to find the Book of Concord, but they are not alone. The Azure Guard is right behind them each step of the way. Now Thomas has to find a way to shake them off.

I've noticed some people who seem to think Thomas acts too young. I think that they've been reading too much YA fiction, in which teens are pret
Bruce Jenkins
Dec 30, 2015 Bruce Jenkins rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting

I'd like to say that this was fun to read but at times it was hard to stay engaged with how the story was developing. Something about how the primary and secondary characters seemed disjointed. I found myself struggling to stay engaged with were this was going to end, and who the pieces would finally fit together. The last chapters helped somewhat to put some clarity into where this is going.
Walid
Jun 13, 2014 Walid rated it it was amazing
This sequel to the cypher will have you wanting for more. Tom wants to stop his grandfather from spying on him. First he visits a dark man or dealmaker (I think) who gives him a start to stop. Then Tom visits some cursed people and then travels to Asgard (Yeah I know) and learns a very valuable lesson trying to stop the war between fauns (Yeah I know) and humans. Highly recommended book and keep reading!
Betty
Jun 30, 2014 Betty rated it liked it
Second book in the series. I'm still deciding if I like it or not. Definitely young adult lit but waivers between really young and older young. Has some familiar themes, but takes them in new directions.
Gary Varney
Apr 25, 2014 Gary Varney rated it really liked it
A good read... lots of action... a few grammatical errors between 300-330... And a dramatic twist of events that I am not sure was totally needed, but there is another book in the series so we will see...
Gene Rosso
Mar 13, 2014 Gene Rosso rated it it was amazing
really enjoying this series
Rosemary Daly
Jan 11, 2014 Rosemary Daly rated it really liked it
I am truly enjoying this series. Fast moving, compelling and love the characters.
Cressa
Aug 10, 2016 Cressa rated it really liked it
Shelves: reading-with-pt
I've been reading this book with my son. We both have throughly enjoyed it and are looking forward to reading the third book in the series.
Mike
Jul 15, 2013 Mike rated it really liked it
This series is surprisingly good for a nearly free book. There are a lot of mistakes, but how much can you complain about in a nearly free book?
Julie
Nov 09, 2012 Julie rated it really liked it
This sequel had some swearing in it, but still a fun and interesting read. I am looking forward to the next installment.
Jab843
Jan 27, 2016 Maryellen Mescall rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
LOVE it!
Nichole
Nichole marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2016
Rebecca Miller
Rebecca Miller rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2016
Ann Nielsen
Ann Nielsen rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2016
Robin Allen
Robin Allen rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2016
Cj Dellinger
Cj Dellinger rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2016
Dawn
Dawn rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2016
Eva Rowan
Eva Rowan rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2016
Eric Smith
Eric Smith rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2016
Cristi McMahon
Cristi McMahon rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2016
Diane
Diane rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2016
Krkiramidjian
Krkiramidjian rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2016
Justina Žaltauskaitė
Justina Žaltauskaitė marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
  • Unhappily Ever After (The Librarian, #2)
  • Wind Rider (Return of the Dragons #2)
  • Everflame 2: The Burning Man
  • A Class Apart (Class Heroes, #1)
  • Cloak
  • Alice Will (Dreams of Chaos #1)
  • The Dawning of Power (World of Godsland #1-3) (The Dawning of Power #1-3)
  • The Hourglass of Souls (Max and the Gatekeeper Book II)
  • Billy: Messenger of Powers (Billy Jones, #1)
  • The Hammer of Thor (80AD, # 2)
  • The Serpent's Ring (Relics of Mysticus, #1)
  • Mary Baker and The Eye of the Tiger
  • Atticus for the Undead
  • Reel to Real: The Video Store Murders
  • The Class Ceiling
  • The Black & The White
  • The Day of First Sun (Annie Loves Cham, #1)
  • The Only Reason for the London Season (Greenford Waters Legacy #0.5)

Guardians Inc. (3 books)
  • The Cypher (Guardians Inc. #1)
  • The Four Legged Prophet (Guardians Inc., #3)

“Lorean? The Doctor’s TARDIS?” “Whose TARDIS?” Thomas asked. “That’s right.” Mr. Pianova smiled.“Blue box and every interior the Doctor has roamed in.” “Doctor who?” Thomas asked again, He had never heard anything about a time travelling doctor, and he doubted Mr. Pianova referred to Doctor Franco. “Exactly,” Mr. Pianova said, deepening his confusion. So Thomas decided to let it go.” 1 likes
“What makes us human are our flaws.” 0 likes