Start by marking “Silver Lining” as Want to Read:
Silver Lining

Silver Lining (Bittersweet Dreams)

Riley doesn’t understand why his relationship with Scott went downhill overnight. For weeks, he’s been trying to get the other man to talk to him, but Scott is distant—most of the time he just ignores Riley completely. It isn’t until a mutual acquaintance arrives at their home that Riley understands the pressure Scott has been under—and the danger they’re both in.
Published September 26th 2012 by Dreamspinner Press (first published September 25th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Silver Lining, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silver Lining

Ayanna
Dec 19, 2012 Ayanna rated it really liked it
Weird, unconventional, but good all the same. My inner closet romantic rebels, but it's still good...

Let me elaborate more coherently. I hadn't realized this was one of those bittersweet ones. If I had, I wouldn't have read it. Not because it wasn't good, but because my heart can't handle it (argh, it's like I'm having an Aunt Pittypat moment or something =_=). You see, I'm a cynic but all that cynicism really weighs a person down. Couple that with how depressing the world's been lately and a (u
Dre
Nov 21, 2012 Dre rated it really liked it
Recommended to Dre by: Sleepyfur
Even though I knew what was going on and what was going to happen early on, the book still made me cry, so it was clearly well written. Just disappointing that I figured it out so early, and that it was basically a combination of two movies I loved back in the day.
Sleepyfur
Jan 18, 2015 Sleepyfur rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-20, m-m, 2015, best, top-100-mm
Dear Chris T.Kat

I hate you for the past 2 hours of my life. I had to stop reading twice because I was crying so much, you have completely crushed me and I wish I had never started reading. These two are now one of my favorite couples of all time though :)
justanya
Don Bradshaw
Reviewed on Hearts On Fire... http://heartsonfirereviews.com/

Love may not be able to conquer all as this beautifully written bittersweet story's blurb says but it does transcend time and space. Riley is having a hard time trying to figure out what he did that has his partner, Scott, ignoring him completely. Yes, Riley used to flounce off after an argument but that stopped long ago. He even bought a wedding ring that he planned on giving Scott but it doesn't look like that's going to happen now
Karen
Mar 27, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-mm
Riley & Scott are the most adorable couple I have encountered in a while and this is definitely not a traditional love story in any way, shape or form. But it is one of the most wonderful, heartbreaking stories I have ever read. I was so unprepared for the ending and am really not sure when the tears are going to stop. So I'm off to get more kleenex now and curl up in a ball as I indulge in a good soul cleansing cry.
Alexandra
Oct 02, 2012 Alexandra rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
Paranormal suspense, just in time for festive October reading. Cried buckets.

DSP's new Bittersweet Dreams line seems like it could be promising. Will be keeping an eye out for that and more by Chris T. Kat.
Ije the Devourer of Books
Oct 03, 2012 Ije the Devourer of Books rated it it was amazing
So sad. But so beautiful.
Amanda
Oct 07, 2012 Amanda added it
Beautifully written, but incredibly depressing.
Tali Spencer
Sep 28, 2012 Tali Spencer rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Lovers of melancholy and true love.
Shelves: romance, m-m
This was lovely read. Riley doesn't understand why his relationship has soured. In fact, he doesn't remember much at all, but what he does remember swirls around his failing relationship the way water swirls down a drain. The analogy is apt, and the journey in this story is decidedly bittersweet. The resolution was exciting, and then so tender I ended my reading the book with a sigh. My husband asked, "Is that a good sigh or a bad sigh." "Good," I said.

A sign of a well-told story is that it sta
Kelly
Dec 28, 2012 Kelly rated it it was amazing
I sobbed like a baby reading this! It's such a heartfelt and tragic story. I cried for fifteen minutes after finishing it and had to go and find something happy and fluffy to get me over it.

It's taken me a while to absorb the story and two reads in which I went through nearly a whole box of kleenex :p

It's beautiful and such a thought provoking story. For awhile, I wasn't sure what was going on, but that worked for me and I felt so sad when I realised.

Wonderful, touching and heartbreaking!
John
Feb 29, 2016 John rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

A gut-wrenching short story, that depicts how strong love can be. I can't mention a critical major theme of this story because it will spoil you. I figured out what has happened by chapter 2, and yet, I was even more invested in the story. It was a little predictable, but however, it was sweet. I can't really give an accurate review without spoiling, so you all should just read and find out for yourselves. I was in tears throughout the book and damn...
If you love romance, then you're
Louise Lyons
Jan 14, 2015 Louise Lyons rated it it was amazing
Oh my word. This was such a beautiful and heart rending story. A third of the way in I realised what was happening and the tears started to spill. So moving. Definitely one for my to-be-read-again list
Tamarrion Lash
Feb 01, 2013 Tamarrion Lash rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
Да что ж мне в последнее время так везет на tear-jerkers? Опять сижу рыдаю над книжкой.
Собссно, варнинг - смерть одного из главных персонажей, никакого хэ.
~RMG
Jan 14, 2013 ~RMG rated it liked it
I usually hate bittersweet reads, but this one drew me in and didn't let go until the very end. Nicely done.
Kat
Mar 28, 2013 Kat rated it really liked it
So sad...
Valerie Kubiak
Dec 06, 2015 Valerie Kubiak rated it it was amazing
A beautifully written story. I want to curl up in a ball of sadness. Definitely tugged at my heart.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by:Don
Genre: M/M Bittersweet
Rated: 4 hearts

Check out the review at: Hearts On Fire Reviews
Neko
Neko rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2012
Cassandra
Cassandra rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2012
jules0623
jules0623 rated it liked it
Sep 26, 2012
Giselle
Giselle rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2016
Idamus
Idamus rated it liked it
Oct 27, 2012
Luciana
Luciana rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2017
Alex I
Alex I rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2015
Janet
Janet rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2013
Dolors
Dolors rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2012
Camfaz
Jan 16, 2013 Camfaz rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, m-m
A quick read book. Sad and angsty but well written.
NancyM
NancyM rated it it was ok
Sep 28, 2012
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2013
Dreamspinner Press: Silver Lining by Chris T. Kat 1 11 Sep 26, 2012 03:55AM
Chris T. Kat lives in the middle of Europe, together with her husband of many years and their two children. She stumbled upon the M/M genre by luck and was swiftly drawn into it. She divides her time between work, her family—which includes chasing after escaping horses and lugging around huge instruments such as a harp—and writing. She enjoys a variety of genres, such as mystery/suspense, paranorm ...more
More about Chris T. Kat...

Bittersweet Dreams (1 - 10 of 31 books)
  • Angel Elegy (Wings of Faith #1)
  • At Day's End
  • Baron's Last Hunt
  • Between Love and Honor
  • Burnt Offerings
  • A Crack In Time
  • Desert Crossing
  • Desert Falcon (Falcon, #1)
  • The Dragon Tamer