Start by marking “From Ashes (From Ashes, #1)” as Want to Read:
From Ashes (From Ashes, #1)

From Ashes (From Ashes #1)

4.14  ·  Rating Details  ·  24,807 Ratings  ·  1,523 Reviews
Aside from her dad, who passed away when she was six, Cassidy Jameson has only ever trusted one man: her best friend, Tyler. So of course she follows him to Texas when he leaves for college. She just didn't expect to be so drawn to their new roommate, Gage, a gorgeous guy with a husky Southern drawl. The only problem? He's Tyler's cousin.

Gage Carson was excited to share an
Published December 11th 2012 by William Morrow Paperbacks

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireEasy by Tammara WebberRule by Jay CrownoverHopeless by Colleen HooverThe Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski
tattooed love boys
48th out of 969 books — 3,053 voters
Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireWait for You by J. LynnThe Coincidence of Callie & Kayden by Jessica SorensenNever Too Far by Abbi GlinesLosing It by Cora Carmack
NEW ADULT 2013
56th out of 1,195 books — 3,688 voters

More lists with this book...

Ava Oceana
This review contains unmarked spoilers.

TAKING CHANCES and Oceana are not friends.

We are not friends at all.

Not because that plot twist completely crushed my heart, or because the main character didn't end up with whom every one wanted. It was because I purely and truly despised that book, and for some crazy, unexplainable reason, I decided to read FROM ASHES.

In all honesty, I was hoping it would be be much better than its predecessor, so I could write a nice review instead of a incoherent, angr
Elizabeth (Liz)
Review posted at: Swept Away By Romance

Genre: New Adult

Heat Level: Moderately Steamy

Angst Level: Angsty, but not OTT (nothing which will require you to seek a support group)

Crazy-Dayzzz Drama Level: Nothing OTT

Possible Issues For Peeps: Some discussion of abuse

5 Stars

A star was born with Taking Chances--one of my favorite books of 2012--and, with the release of From Ashes, Molly McAdams continues to shine so very, VERY bright!!

Cassidy Jameson escapes a wretched, abusive existence in California
Brenna
Dec 20, 2013 Brenna rated it did not like it
I have to start by saying that I really, really wanted to like this book. I was looking forward to it, I had been reading the teasers, I was excited. I read Taking Chances a few months ago and I loved it. There were things I had issues with in that book too, but I wanted to read it the entire time. I had to know. It actually got some (well a lot, let's not kid ourselves here) emotion out of me and I cared! By the end of From Ashes, I just didn't care anymore.

The story starts with Tyler & Ca
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
3 & a 3/4
descriptiondescription
RANT TIME!!
Some parts of this book SERIOUSLY pissed the shit out of me.. so hence this book will not be entering my favorite shelf.
There was HARDLY ANY FUCKING COMMUNICATION between Cassidy & Gage during the first 3/4th of the book.. I was yelling at my laptop while reading saying 'Speak the fuck to each other bitches, or face my wrath.'
And OH MY GOD. Tyler, SOB. I wanted to chop important anatomy's off his body. What a fucking asshole. I cannot believe he would fall so fucking
Ade
Dec 13, 2012 Ade rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No one. Seriously. No one.
EDIT 12/13/12: I know, I know! I know I said I wouldn't review it but I can't help myself. The following is only one out of the many things that bothered me though, so this'll be short.

What the hell is it with McAdams and time frames? She basically DOES NOT USE THEM. It jumps from a week, to 8 months with no warning, and you're left going WTF? She really needs to work on this issue before she writes more books. There were times in the book when it jumped from one day, to 3 weeks later and it wa
Alexis *Reality Bites*
SPOILER FREE REVIEW
3 STARS out of 5
Genre: New Adult/College

Photobucket

They've been best friends since they were seven. He was always there for her when she needed him. In her pain and in her heartache. He never let her down. EVER. Now it's time for him to go but there is no way he is leaving her behind.

Good bye California, Hello Texas
When Cassidy Jameson moves to Texas with her best friend Tyler she has no idea what to expect. After recently graduating high school she has no plans to further her educat
Jenny Levine
Dec 13, 2012 Jenny Levine rated it liked it
...You had to find the beauty from the ashes.
It didn’t take long for us to realize it didn’t just apply to actual ashes. Because there were a lot of times in our lives that we’d had to find the light in the dark.

Yet again, another book I was disappointed with. Okay, I LIKE it. I didn't LOVE it. I'm going to be honest and say that this book annoyed the shit out of me, and finishing this one was a struggle. Why? Here's why.

*One word: TYLER --I wanna beat his ass to a pulp. What.a.DOUCHE!
Lisbeth Avery {Domus Libri}
This review rant will not be in normal format, instead it will be in freehand along with unmarked major spoilers.

I really shouldn't review this book. I really shouldn't. It's just going to make me angry, plus I have other books to review. But, books that make me so angry like FROM ASHES, I need to review, no matter how bad it is for my sanity.

FROM ASHES is pretty much the worst book I have ever read. I know I'm going to say it again and probably will till the end of time but at this time, I cann
Sans
When I started this book I was kinda into it.

Then someone started lying and no one else bothered to communicate and took the douchebag's word for it.

Then shit started to get cleared up, but someone went psycho over her boyfriend having exs.

And everyone stopped communicating again.
Kristin (KC)
Oct 11, 2014 Kristin (KC) rated it liked it
3 Stars. Sweet story, but wasn't entirely blown away...

While I was intrigued by the premise of this story, I felt there were moments where its execution fell flat. Although From Ashes deals significantly with physical abuse, its plot largely focuses on an intense roller coaster romance, and damaged but redeemable relationships.

Cassidy and Tyler have been best friends since childhood. Tyler is Cassi's rock; protecting and consoling her for as long as she can remember. When they finally decide to
Nic
Dec 04, 2012 Nic rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, arc

I was lucky enough to get a chance to read From Ashes by Molly McAdams before it’s release. Seriously, the suspense has been killing me for months!!! I am thrilled to report that I have absolutely fallen in love with From Ashes!!!! Well Worth The Wait ;-)

For any of you wondering if From Ashes is similar to Taking Chances I can assure you that the only thing they share in common is that they were written by an incredibly talented author. For me, From Ashes was an absolutely beautiful love story.
Christine
Dec 13, 2012 Christine rated it did not like it
12/13/12 - So I finished the book after I marked it DNF because I could not honestly rant as much as I was if I did not finish the book. Secretly, I was hoping that after a short break, I would actually like it.

NO, I still did not like it even after it had a nice ending. That is why I am giving it a star. It deserves something because it had a nice ending and I did like Gage. Other then that, my views have not changed. Had to recover from that 1 1/2 years of misunderstanding to a bunch of other
Naoms
Originally Posted onConfessions of an Opinionated Book Geek

1.5 Stars

It would be dishonest for me to say that I did not like parts of this book. I have no problem with the first half. I thought the love story was sweet and really rooted for Gage and Cassidy. I got to the halfway mark and realized that this book is very similar to the energizer bunny. It just keeps going and going and going. By the time I read 51% of this book I literally could not understand why the story kept going. The antagon
Smitten's Book Blog

I've been battling with how many stars to give this, but sticking by my ratings guide that I always try to abide by ( - Unfinished. - Disliked. - I liked it but didn't love it. - I loved it but there are things that didn't work for me. - I absolutely adored it!) I have to go with three. I didn't dislike the book, but I didn't love it either.

I haven't read Molly McAdams' other book, Taking Chances, as I found out, by accident, what happened and it took some of the appeal away. But I do know
Jennifer Kyle
Dec 13, 2012 Jennifer Kyle rated it liked it
3 Stars

"Through these ashes, I pray you're able to find peace, knowing that your nightmare is now over."

description

I was a little leary about starting this book after the heartbreak I experienced with Taking Chances. Readers will be happy to know that such a loss is not experienced in this book.

Cassidy is a victim of abuse by the hand of her mother and stepfather. Her only friend/confidant for the past eleven years has been Tyler her next door neighbor. When Tyler takes off for college he brings Cassidy
Jennifer Armentrout
Nov 16, 2012 Jennifer Armentrout rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!!!
Marina
Just a few words on this one.

It was a DNF for me. I swear I got so frustrated and utterly pissed with the misunderstandings.

There is this thing, people, called TALKING.

If you don't want so called friends screwing with your life and relationships, try speaking instead of throwing tantrums all.the.freaking.time.

Christy
I absolutely loved this book! Taking Chances is in my top 5 favorite books of 2012, so I had really high expectations for this one... let me tell you, Molly McAdams did not let me down! It was fantastic!

You had to find the beauty from the ashes. It didn't take long for us to realize it didn't just apply to actual ashes. Because there were a lot of times in our lives that we had to find the light in the dark.

Cassidy Jameson's father died when she was six years old. On her sixth birthday to be
Ashleigh
Dec 12, 2012 Ashleigh rated it liked it
I really thought I would love this book, but sometimes it just does not happen. This book reallly irriatated the crap out of me there was so many misscommunicatiions that I would yell out loud REALLY! I loved the characters just not how they never talked about there problems! The last 25% was really good though and there is a HEA so it was good just not what I was hoping for.
Anny
Jan 29, 2016 Anny rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reseñados
Madre mía el drama que hay en este libro. No esperaba nada de él, solo algo que al menos me entretuviera y fuera una bonita historia de amor, pero lo que me encontré fue una historia que pasaba tan rápido que literalmente no me daba cuenta de cuándo habían pasado los meses, y los protagonistas ya sabían que eran el amor de sus vidas y NO. Una vez superado eso, habían demasiados obstáculos que les impedían estar juntos y algunos eran tan WTF, que quería tirar el libro. Con lo fácil que es coger a ...more
Jessica
Dec 15, 2012 Jessica rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: That's kinda obvious, isn't it?
Stopping at 58%. Wow, I didn't even make it as far with this one as I did with Taking Chances.

OH.MY.GOD. I dislike this book so very much, I cannot even begin to explain how furious I am right now. I'm so angry, I'm shaking. Literally shaking.

This does not work for me. Molly's books obviously don't work for me. I won't EVER come within a 10 mile radius of one of her books again. You hear me? NEVER.AGAIN.

*ggggrrrrrrrr* I really need to get a grip. I don't think I'm able to formulate a review righ
Kirsty
Dec 13, 2012 Kirsty rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
Ok I'm ready to talk..

Without being mean to the author, I went in to this book not expecting to love it. I read Taking Chances and although it was very well written, the heroine annoyed me and I hated the ending. Unfortunately for this book, not only did the heroine annoy me, so did every other freaking person involved. Apart from Gage, he was the only saving Grace in this book.

I can't go in to too much detail because I will end up getting worked up over the book again, so I'll just explain my i
Ali
Dec 17, 2012 Ali rated it really liked it
Apparently I like torturing myself because I swore i would never read a Molly McAdams book again..I still haven't gotten over Chase..but what the heck let the fireworks of tears start now cause I can't not read this deliciously sounding book =(
Letitia
Nov 25, 2012 Letitia rated it liked it
Rating: C ... Heat: Warm

Cassidy Jameson takes the phrase ‘a life of hard knocks’ and turns it into a backstory that is, quite simply, horrifying. Her life started out as the apple of her parents eye, the princess who never went without... and then, on her sixth birthday, that changes completely with the death of her father. Her mother... let’s just say she takes a flying leap off the deep end. And Cassi pays the price.

Having spent the last twelve years of her life suffering constant abuse, Cass

Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
For me, this was a middle of the road read. Ok, but nothing to write home about.

Cassidy was sweet, and only mildly irritating occasionally, and Gage couldn't have been more dedicated or loyal hero if he tried.

I was glad that there was no "real" love triangle, because honestly, they drive more than a little crazy, but the constant "misunderstandings" for two YEARS about drove me up a wall.

I mean, seriously, if anyone talked to each other honestly for five minutes, everything would have been fi
Anna Banana
Feb 04, 2014 Anna Banana rated it it was amazing
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little scared to read this book. I've never read Molly McAdams other book Taking Chances but I read a lot about it. I honestly wasn't sure what to expect when I started this book. But man am I glad I gave this book a chance!

Cassidy is finally free. After almost twelve years of being abused and feeling like she'll never have a future, Tyler takes her with him to Texas. But just because she's finally away from California doesn't mean that her past doesn't haunt he
Zizz
Dec 13, 2012 Zizz rated it liked it
I did not like Taking Chances at all. And no, not because of you-know-what but Harper and the whole scenario annoyed the hell out of me. Everybody fell in love with her - at first sight.

The same thing happened in this book. It's like a cheesy Hollywood movie when the female lead walks in slow motion while everybody turns around to stare. Next thing you know the guys are professing their undying love for the girl. But it was a lot toned down in this book and I liked that it took months for Cassi
Christan Stevens
Dec 17, 2012 Christan Stevens rated it it was amazing
From the spoilers, I can already tell this will be my second favorite book. Molly is genius and I can't wait for the release in December. I'm already on Team Gage!! :)

What an amazing read! This book had me stressing about life and love and all around happiness. Molly, once again, has filled my heart with joy and sadness. At first, I HATED Tyler! He was selfish and possessive and I just didn't like him. Gage was sweet, and the love and admiration he had toward Cassidy was amazing! From Ashes was
Sandra Cortez
Dec 19, 2012 Sandra Cortez rated it it was ok
UGH I wanted to enjoy this book but it was ALL. OVER. THE. PLACE!!! One triangle just didn't just seem to be enough, let's add 2 more, a scorpion bite, pneumonia, free health care bills for someone you met once. Seriously, all of this drama was completely unnecessary. She had a different man falling madly in love with her every few chapters. WHY??? The relationship/triangle between Ty, Gage and Cassi was MORE than enough. There was much to be explored in that triangle but then Ty turned into a d ...more
Christina Campagnone
I'm not sure where to start. I was eagerly anticipating this on, I loved Taking Chances that book was on my mind for days after I finished. But I just didn't love this. I get your supposed to feel sorry for Cassidy but she really drove me nuts! The crap Tyler was feeding to her and Gage for a year and a half!! And noone thought to talk to each other, infuriating!! And then like three quarters of the way through we get Connor?? I totally didn't get the point of him, she could have worked through ...more
What did you hate about this book? 30 242 Oct 20, 2014 08:57AM
What's The Name o...: SOLVED. ya guy living on a ranch with his parents [s] 3 53 Aug 09, 2014 08:49AM
Buddy Read Zone: From Ashes 12/14/12 107 118 Dec 05, 2013 07:11PM
New Adult Book Club: From Ashes 7 169 Dec 05, 2013 07:07PM
INCORRECT RATINGS? 8 170 Aug 31, 2013 01:40AM
Isabella, Jesse, and Amanda 5 45 Aug 31, 2013 01:26AM
  • Finding Chase (Chasing Nikki, #2)
  • Ruining You (Ruining, #2)
  • Saved (Wanted, #2)
  • Folding Hearts (Mitchell Family, #2)
  • Up in Flames
  • Ambrosia (Book Boyfriend, #2)
  • Shattered
  • Tidal
  • Chasing Leah (Journey, #1)
  • Vicious Circles (Wrong Reasons, #2)
  • Bound Together (Bound Together, #1)
  • Fallen Crest High (Fallen Crest High, #1)
  • Kiss Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #2)
  • Bad Rep (Bad Rep, #1)
  • Tear (Seaside, #1)
  • Every Which Way (Sloan Brothers, #1)
  • Twisted (Torn, #2)
  • My Favorite Mistake (My Favorite Mistake, #1)
Molly grew up in California but now lives in the oh-so-amazing state of Texas with her husband, daughter, and fur babies. When she's not diving into the world of her characters, some of her hobbies include hiking, snowboarding, traveling, and long walks on the beach … which roughly translates to being a homebody with her hubby and dishing out movie quotes. She has a weakness for crude-humored movi ...more
More about Molly McAdams...

From Ashes (2 books)
  • Needing Her (From Ashes, #1.5)

“But there are only so many times you can handle heartbreak with someone before you have to start protecting yourself.” 77 likes
“Jake looked at us like we should know this already. "SMB? Sandwich-Making Bitch.” 58 likes