Start by marking “Suburbanistas” as Want to Read:

3.03 of 5 stars 3.03  ·  rating details  ·  232 ratings  ·  32 reviews
From the acclaimed author of Younger and Babes in Captivity, a funny and moving novel about friendship, fame, and the fight for one suburb's future!

Greetings from New Jersey

Stella Powers is an A-list movie star who has just landed an Oscar-worthy role and a hot new rock-star husband when her mother's death brings her world tumbling down. Floundering as her life becom
Published March 7th 2006 by Gallery Books (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Suburbanistas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Suburbanistas

Itai Greif
Suburbanistas is a light, easy read. If given the free time, I probably could have blown through this book in a day, maybe two, despite the fact that it has 335 pages. While I love series books, and Suburbanistas is the fourth in a series located in the fictional town of Homewood, I don't find myself eager to look up the rest of them. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy the book. I'm just not over-the-top in love with it.

Suburbanistas is a story of two best friends; Stella, a famous movie star with
2.5 stars--Not what I was expecting.Movie star moves to a small town with daughter after mom dies, reconnects with old friends.
Ronda Bowen
It was a decently good story with some fun plot twists. I enjoyed it.
Tanya (Girl Plus Books)
Suburbanistas is a fast, light, and entertaining read. Every little loose end is neatly tied up by the end and the happy endings abound. Several of the resolutions are a bit hard to swallow but if you temprarily suspend disbelief and keep in mind this is fiction... all is well. ;-)

Those who are looking for a quick, frothy read (and insists on a neatly tied package by novel's end) will enjoy this one.
This was a quick, light read. The story of two women who were best friends throughout childhood, drifted apart, and then were reunited again as adults was easily relatable. I enjoyed the opposite personalities and lifestyles of the two women, which made for a cute, yet predictable story. Sometimes you need a light read that you know will have a neatly tied up, happy ending!
Mainly I chose this book because it was written about a town that was hauntingly like the one I grew up in in NJ. Apparently it is not the same town, but the similarities were so great I felt it was home.
Good beach read - little far fetched relateable if you are a mom living in the Suburbs - could be YOUR middle class neighborhood they are talking about since takes place in NJ!
This was a book I picked up at the library. It was a decent book, but I am glad I did not buy it. I would describe it as entertaining at times, but nothing all that exciting.
Quick read. Would be good for the beach. Nothing to heavy but certainly kept my attention. Put it on your summer reading list to read by the pool.
Good fast read. A story of two childhood friends reunited when one (a movie star) movies back to her hometown.
Inge Hulsker
Entertaining, a bit predictable. Nice characters, especially the kids were portrayed very well. A nice & fast read.
Too many improbabilities for me to really enjoy, but I really liked the character of the police chief's wife.
Mary Lea
This book wasn't GREAT but it wasn't bad either. It was a quick read. I liked it b/c it was based in NJ.
It was alright. The kids' disrespect towards their parents was ridiculous to the point of being distracting
Not my favorite Pamela Redmond Satran book. I thought the plot was kind of predictable.
Lindy Trimble
Eh. It was ok. Kinda predictable.
Maybe not quite a 4 star, but I really enjoyed this light-hearted entertaining book.
Bobbie Grob
This book was okay. Slightly cheesy, fairly predictable, but a cute enough story.
I really enjoyed reading this book. If you are a fan of chic lit, this is a must read.
Tracy Sullivan
A local author, but a disappointing novel. Kind of like a Lifetime channel story.
Blah. Had to force myself to finish this one; not very interesting.
Gave up on it. Characters not appealing enough to keep reading
Another quick-read brain candy.
decent mindless read
Cute!! Enjoyed it alot!
This was a really fun read.
Dec 28, 2007 Pam marked it as to-read
  • Society Girls
  • Fashionistas
  • A Little Trouble with the Facts
  • Confessions of a Serial Dater
Pamela Redmond Satran is the author of 20 books, both fiction and non-fiction. Her most recent novel, The Possibility of You, is written as Pamela Redmond and published by Simon & Schuster's Gallery Books. A New York Times bestselling humor writer, she has a new humor book, Rabid: Are You Crazy About Your Dog or Just Crazy?, due out from Bloomsbury in September 2012. She is the creator with Li ...more
More about Pamela Redmond Satran...