Start by marking “The House In The Snow” as Want to Read:
The House In The Snow

The House In The Snow

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  53 ratings  ·  11 reviews
When Benjamin meets Mackie in the woods, he discovers Mackie is one of eight boys enslaved in a hideaway to serve robbers. Can nine young boys outwit 20 invisible robbers with guns and knives? 10 halftones.
Published February 1st 1990 by Scholastic (first published January 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about The House In The Snow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The House In The Snow

Emily
Currently reading this to the kids... They seem to like it, though I am a bit preoccupied with the way the author throws the word "demons" around. I think this story uses the Invisibility Cloak idea before Harry Potter.
Ben
It's like one of the games I played as kid, but written as a story. An awesome tribute to a boy's imagination.
Micah Eaton
It's been a year since I've read "The house in the snow" and I can still see everything that happened in that book because of how well it's sensory details are.

I didn't read this book the first time I saw it. I put it down the first few attempts I gave it too. Once I read past page seven, I couldn't put it down. It felt like I knew every kid in the book, and I could really relate to them.

I would give this book to anybody who enjoys good writing and illustration, but mainly to anyone who loves
Janell
After receiving a bunch of used books for children/youth, I decided to read them before recommending them to my grandchildren. This one was terrible! I don't know what was worse - the story itself or the way it was written. Plus, it had a ridiculous conclusion!
Travis
A great mystery about two young boys and their adventure that takes place in "The house and the snow". The only thing I don't like about this book is the reference to beer several times in the book.
Kristy
I loved this book so much I read it twice! (I was about 10 years old). Really good, mystery for school age kids. This came out waaay before Harry Potter and used the invisibility clock first!
David Shamo
Short read, and very good read. a must read if you have not as of yet.
Kenneth S. 8 Reading
It was great. One of my favorite books of all time.
Kay C.
In 3rd grade this was my all-time favorite book.
Jake
I've read this book countless times. Love it.
Catherine
A fun but forgettable story.
Christina Wells
Christina Wells marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Anera Sukhai
Anera Sukhai marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Sami Sayed
Sami Sayed marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Jenny
Jenny added it
Apr 07, 2014
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Jared
Jared added it
Dec 01, 2013
Hejun
Hejun marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Cuckoo Child El Guero: A True Adventure Story When the End of Summer is Near The Night the Bells Rang The Canada Geese Quilt