Start by marking “To The Limit (NASCAR, #4)” as Want to Read:
To The Limit (NASCAR, #4)

To The Limit (NASCAR #4)

Engineer Kristen McKenna loves to make things go fast. So when NASCAR team owner Matthew Knight offers her a job, Kristen's competitive spirit shifts into overdrive. But she has to struggle to keep her mind on her blueprints and off her dangerously appealing boss. Kristen's always been more comfortable in a lab than on a date--but suddenly both Matthew and Todd Peters, the ...more
Published March 1st 2007 by Harlequin Books (first published March 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about To The Limit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To The Limit

Kala
Jan 17, 2012 Kala rated it it was ok
I don't expect much from Harlequin novels and I read them when I'm in the mood for something light and breezy and quick. That said, I was disappointed with this book. It started off kind of cute, I enjoyed the lead character (Kristen) at first. She was quirky and kind of nerdy cute, but that all changed. The Lightning McQueen part at the start made me laugh.
Once the romance started, the novel fell apart for me. I despised the behavior of Kristen and both of her love interests. Kristen repeated
Ana
Kirsten is an engineer who's been a chance at doing something she loves - designing cars for NASCAR. She was a promising driver herself, but then after an accident that killed her sister and crippled her, she never drove again. Now, she's determined to succeed. Everything would've been easier if it weren't for her boss, Matt.

Matt is seriously attracted to Kirsten. And he didn't become one of the richest men in America for not going after something he wants. Even the fact that he has competition
Judy
Jul 28, 2010 Judy rated it it was amazing
To The Limit by Pamela Britton
NASCAR #4
Kristen McKenna lost the things she loved most in her childhood after a tragic accident. Since then she left her old dreams behind and enjoys her engineering job at Knight Enterprises. Then one day her boss dropped from the sky and offered a job that was a dream come true, working in the field that didn’t always welcome women, racing.

Mathew Knight needed to slow his life down. He had built his fortune from scratch and had become a bit of a workaholic, until
Kim
Jan 23, 2016 Kim rated it it was amazing
The always-witty Britton hits the NASCAR circuit again,[br/][br/]Engineer Kristen McKenna loves to make things go fast. So when NASCAR team owner Matthew Knight offers her a job, Kristen's competitive spirit shifts into overdrive. But she has to struggle to keep her mind on her blueprints and off her dangerously appealing boss. [br/]Kristen's always been more comfortable in a lab than on a date 14but suddenly both Matthew and Todd Peters, the supersexy team driver, are vying for her attention! T ...more
Samantha
Dec 19, 2007 Samantha rated it liked it
I felt this one in the series was just ok. I didn't feel the connection about any of the characters with one another. I didn't think she wrote chemistry with the three lead characters at all. I didn't understand why the female lead ended up where she did when nothing was truly settled. As always I enjoyed the behind the scenes of Nascar storyline with the new development of the rear deck lid. I liked the interplay between one of the lead male characters and his bodyguard. Overall, it continues w ...more
Evaine
Feb 24, 2008 Evaine rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Genre romance fans
I'm a new Nascar fan. As such, how could I resist Harlequin's Nascar series? I wasn't expecting much, genre romances are what they are. Fun, mindless, feel-good entertainment. And this one had spots of fun, didn't take a tight focus to read and yeah, it made me feel good at the inevitable happy ending. So in that it was a success. My favorite character, however, was not the hero, the heroine or even the second male lead - nope, it was the hero's bodyguard. HE was the one I wanted to know more ab ...more
Janice
Mar 15, 2008 Janice rated it really liked it
I don't usually read paperback romances... but a friend showed me this "Nascar library" series of romances and I was intrigued - a NASCAR romance!? I enjoyed reading this on my vacation. Main character was a strong female who's an engineer designing racecars - she has 2 guys interested in her (both very different - one is a driver; one a billionaire who owns the raceteam) and she needs to figure who she's interested in. For the type of book it is, I gave it 4 stars - I found it enjoyable.
Crystal
Jan 26, 2008 Crystal rated it liked it
Shelves: guilty-pleasures
I really liked this little NASCAR romance until about 3/4 of the way through, when I realized she was going to pick the wrong guy. Not that the other guy was exactly a stellar choice, either. Still, until her amazingly bad choices when it came to the men in her life, Kristen McKenna was a pretty awesome heroine - what, with her super intellect and snarky mouth.
Kelly
Jul 25, 2009 Kelly rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, srp-2009, nascar
A cute fluffy romance. Not very descriptive in the romance department, by page 200 the leading lady had only kissed two of the main characters. But it did have one of the best quotes I have seen in a long time, "She's smokin'. Like one of those librarian chicks, all prim and proper on the outside, but probably a real wild woman in bed."
Paula
Feb 11, 2016 Paula rated it it was amazing
Love Pamela Britton's Nascar books. I've managed to read them out of order lol so I already knew which guy "Kristen" would choose in the end but even knowing, it still had me wondering what would happen throughout the book. cute read :)
Sara
Mar 09, 2010 Sara rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Another one...read the whole series :)
BJ Rose
I'm sure car-racing enthusiasts would rate this book higher, but since I'm not one, I will just say that this was an OK read for me, but I won't be reading any more of this series.
Sandy
Jun 26, 2009 Sandy rated it liked it
I hate stories with a bad/unhappy ending. I felt so horribly pitiful in the ending. It was my first Britton book and I can honestly say I do want to read the next one in the series. 3/5 stars.
Elizabeth
Mar 02, 2008 Elizabeth rated it liked it
Chick lit based on NASCAR. I enjoyed it. Light easy read about a woman engineer who joins a successful NASCAR team and the owner and driver both fall for her.
Heather Blythe
Sep 27, 2012 Heather Blythe rated it it was amazing
Loved the book. could not put it down..
Tanya
Feb 28, 2008 Tanya rated it it was amazing
This was a very quick read and quite a cute story!!
Gayle
Sep 10, 2007 Gayle rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Race fans with a heart
Good love story with lots of facts about Nascar. Good read.
Cecelia
Brilliant and hillarious as usual~
Colleen
Colleen rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2013
Brandi Coyle
Brandi Coyle rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2009
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2009
Alison
Alison rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2016
Rain_bow_girl
Rain_bow_girl rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2011
Krystal
Krystal rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2012
Carolyn
Carolyn rated it liked it
Nov 25, 2012
Maria
Maria rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2015
Cori
Cori rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2008
Helen
Helen rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2010
JJ
JJ rated it it was ok
Feb 27, 2013
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2013
  • Teaming Up (Harlequin NASCAR, #26)
  • A NASCAR Holiday 3
  • Almost Famous (Harlequin NASCAR #9)
  • Overheated (Harlequin NASCAR, #25)
  • Thunderstruck
  • A NASCAR Holiday: Ladies, Start Your Engines...\'Tis the Silly Season\Unbreakable
  • Danger Zone
  • A Very NASCAR Holiday (Colby Agency, #35)
  • She's No Angel
  • Driven By Desire (Signet Eclipse)
  • Sweet Spot (Richmond Rogues, #5)
  • Boys of Summer
  • All About Evie (Chameleon Chronicles, #1)
  • Redline Lover (Take Me, Lover #1)
  • Mistletoe Wishes: The Billionaire's Christmas Gift\One Christmas Night in Venice\Snowbound with the Millionaire
  • Neck & Neck (Kentucky Derby, #3)
  • And Able (Mercenary Trilogy, #3)
  • Slow Ride (Fast Track, #5)
With over a million books in print, Pamela Britton likes to call herself the best known author nobody’s ever heard of. Of course, that’s begun to change thanks to a certain licensing agreement with that little racing organization known as NASCAR.

Nowadays it’s not unusual to hear her books being discussed by the likes of Jay Leno, Keith Olbermann, or Stephen Colbert. Flip open a magazine and you mi
More about Pamela Britton...

NASCAR (7 books)
  • Dangerous Curves (NASCAR, #1)
  • In The Groove (NASCAR, #2)
  • On The Edge (NASCAR, #3)
  • Total Control (NASCAR, #5)
  • On The Move (NASCAR, #6)
  • Slow Burn (NASCAR, #7)