Start by marking “The Painting on the Pond” as Want to Read:

The Painting on the Pond

3.38  ·  Rating Details  ·  65 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Paperback
Published September 1st 2003 by Bonneville

To ask other readers questions about The Painting on the Pond, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Painting on the Pond

Berdean
Feb 11, 2010 Berdean rated it it was amazing
This is about a young artist who moves to beautiful mountain area to paint. His buddy who he has grown up with, sells his paintings. The ghost story of Marnae enters into story, a young woman dressed in white, whose father wouldn't let her marry her stable hand boyfriend, appears to David in pond image. David has bad accident falling off horse during a storm, gets saved by young gal also riding a horse coming from other direction. She saves his life. The end of the story is amazing discovering w ...more
Jun 11, 2008 Laura rated it liked it
It was a total cheesy romance novel, but very clean Lds based book.
Chrissy
Jan 23, 2012 Chrissy rated it really liked it
It was a bit trying in the beginning to stay interested as the story was rather slow moving. However I am glad that I pressed forward as the story did pick up speed and became interseting.

The young man David is a painter and his friend Jerry has an art gallery where the paintings done by David are sold. They are best friends and consider each other brothers as they have been childhood friends that have been through a lot together.

David is painting one morning when he has the feeling of being wat
Yvonne Mortensen
Mar 14, 2016 Yvonne Mortensen rated it really liked it
I liked this book! Romance, family secrets, ghosts, mystery, all in a beautiful natural setting. Also Christian and clean. We met this author in Barnes and Noble Valentine's weekend. I admired her for being so brave and approaching everyone, not hiding at her table. She was very likable and fun. Now to read book 2!
Heather Malloy
Feb 11, 2008 Heather Malloy rated it liked it
This is the first book by this authour which I took a chance on since she was at the store signing them. I am not sure if To walk in his moccasins is the second of a series but she did say to read Painting on the Pond first. I believe the stories are linked. I enjoyed Painting on the Pond but it took me awhile to get into the story. I do plan on reading the second book just because I am curious to see if she continues the story.
Kristine
Sep 12, 2008 Kristine rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: teenage to adult
I'm not sure how I found this book but had to buy it used as it must be out of print. How surprised I was by how well written, interesting, intriguing, and full of wisdom it was. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants a fun read, sometimes predictible, but always moving and interesting.
Cheryl
Jul 23, 2012 Cheryl rated it liked it
Shelves: 6th-journal
This was a book of my Mom's that was a gift from my brother Steven. I really had a hard time getting into it, but it was alright once I did. It was a bit predictable once I did read it but good all the same. Sort of typical LDS fiction, all the lovey dovey stuff.
Marie
Jan 18, 2010 Marie rated it really liked it
Shelves: just-for-fun
I know this author so it was a unique experience for me to read her book. I was very impressed. The plot has some unexpected twists and turns, and I was glued to it until I finished it at 2 this morning.
Laurene
May 29, 2011 Laurene rated it really liked it
My husband got me this book for Mother's Day, I thought it was really sweet that he would go and ask someone what a good book would be for a gift! What a sweetheart, and I enjoyed it, it's an easy read.
Sue
I had to quit reading this book, contrary to my usual commitment to always finishing a book I start. It was corny and cheesy and had a religious undertone that I didn't care for. So I won't finish this book.
Dani Moore
Aug 01, 2010 Dani Moore rated it it was amazing
Faith, the supernatural and romance thrown in! Lot's of challenges but all is well in the end.(This was an autographed copy-extra fun to read a book the author actually held in her very own hands!)
Adam Gott
Nov 20, 2011 Adam Gott rated it it was ok
My wife and I read this for a book club. It's not anything that I would have ever chosen for myself and I can't say that I really enjoyed the shallow relationships and weak plot.
Capu
Mar 04, 2009 Capu rated it liked it
Uhhhhh. This book is not fun. Its an uneasy read if that makes sense.....its like im reading a draft of something, but not an actual published book.
Annie
Mar 03, 2011 Annie rated it liked it
Shelves: adult, clean-read
Another three and a half star book. Sweet and clean book with likeable characters, but a tad bit on the cheesy side. Quick Read!
Lewestover
Aug 08, 2008 Lewestover rated it liked it
This pleasant novel combines romance with ghosts, history and mystery. Not bad for a first book.
Amanda
Aug 12, 2011 Amanda rated it liked it
Good story line, not really into the way she writes
Tiffany Smith
Mar 02, 2011 Tiffany Smith rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
I really like the characters and it has a nice journey
Joyce
Feb 24, 2009 Joyce rated it really liked it
another quick read just for fun
Karijean31
Apr 26, 2010 Karijean31 rated it liked it
unrealistic but entertaining
Heather
Jan 29, 2012 Heather rated it it was ok
Shelves: general-fiction
Meh. It was okay. Ish.
Shea
Shea marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Karen Hartshorn
Karen Hartshorn is currently reading it
Nov 06, 2015
Kellie Coon
Kellie Coon rated it did not like it
Aug 24, 2015
Mackenzie
Mackenzie rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2015
Christy
Christy rated it liked it
May 15, 2015
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
J Marie
J Marie rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2014