Start by marking “I Am Cat” as Want to Read:
I Am Cat

I Am Cat

A cat sleeps, curled up in a warm place, and while it sleeps it dreams. . .

of being a tiger, flame cat of the forest; a cheetah - fast as the wind on the African plains; a lion, lounging through the heat of the day, tangled in sunshine on the African savannah; a jaguar, perfectly camouflaged deep in the jungle. And the cat dreams of being a lynx, a puma, a snow leopard, a
Published April 23rd 2013 by Frances Lincoln Children's Bks

To ask other readers questions about I Am Cat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Am Cat

Saviour
Nov 03, 2012 Saviour rated it it was amazing
A magical book that celebrates the diversity of cats, both wild and domestic, around the world. Read my full review at http://wp.me/p1ToOe-xt
Linda
I found this at the bookstore at my reading conference, and the gorgeous cover caught my
eye. The author/illustrator is Jackie Morris, with whom I'm not familiar. She lives in Wales, and when I researched her, found numerous other gorgeous picture books! This one's premise shows a cat that Jackie has sharing his dreams, dreams he is other "wild" cats all over the world. The illustrations fill the page with color, up close, and with those dreaming words by the domestic cat. For instance, on a doub
Miss Butterfly
Mar 01, 2015 Miss Butterfly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics-manga
'Yo soy Gato' se termina demasiado pronto, pero quedamos encantados y enamorados de Gato y sus sueños. Cada lámina se queda grabada en nuestras retinas y nos obliga a pensar, a desear quizá, que también podamos nosotros sentirnos como los grandes felinos de la Tierra en nuestros sueños.

Reseña completa: http://nubedemariposa.blogspot.com.es...
Edward Sullivan
Feb 01, 2013 Edward Sullivan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
What do cats dream about? A sumptuously illustrated fantasy.
Nov 08, 2016 Laura rated it really liked it
Shelves: animals, illustrated, cats
Stunning little book!
I somehow wanted a little more from it. Maybe just a few more pages, I'm not sure what was lacking for me exactly… Perhaps I'll enjoy a "reread" more as I'd know better what to expect the second time around.
But it sure is beautiful! A pretty little treasure for your shelves.
Bev
Oct 11, 2016 Bev rated it it was amazing
Gorgeous picture book, with outstanding illustrations of big cats and one dreaming domestic moggy. I fell in love with the tiger picture which is just magnificent but the rest of the book definitely matches it in detail and colour.
Jacob Combs
Jun 24, 2013 Jacob Combs rated it it was amazing
More than any other animal, cats have always featured largely in children's literature. They've appeared in every genre, from board books to poetry to YA fantasy novels. Now author and illustrator Jackie Morris adds another gem to the literary treasure chest, giving us a book that is sure to be a hit with cat lovers of every age. Here is the story of a domestic ginger cat, who curls up to sleep on a multicolored cushion by the fire. In her dreams she becomes other cats: big, wild, fearless ...more
Margo Tanenbaum
Jun 07, 2014 Margo Tanenbaum rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cats, picture-books
Cat lovers of all ages will delight in this magnificently illustrated ode to cats of all types. Through lyrical but brief text, a house cat dreams of her wild sisters, imagining herself a tiger, lion, cheetah, cougar, and other cats both rare and familiar. The book features gorgeous full-color two-page spreads. Back matter offers small illustrations and brief factual descriptions of the wild cats seen in the book for those who would like further information on these animals, most of which are ...more
Cindy Williams
Oct 23, 2014 Cindy Williams rated it it was amazing
I love this book - beautiful illustrations & well written. I sometimes qwonder if MY cats are dreaming about being a lion or tiger. Two pages at the end provide details about different cats (domestic & wild). Disclosure: the highlight of my year was having a real live tiger cub climb into my lap!
Brenda Kahn
Nov 02, 2013 Brenda Kahn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book, cats, 2013
Of course, as a cat-lover, the cover beckoned me. The story and beautiful, watery paintings did not disappoint. A lovely peek into the dreams of a house cat that features a variety of well-known and lesser known wild cats with more information about each cat at the end of the book.
Heydi Smith
Sep 05, 2014 Heydi Smith rated it liked it
Shelves: kids-storytime
I am Cat is a gorgeous book about what cat dream of, which turns out to be other cats, bigger cats. The cats pictured in the dreams are described in detail on the back page. I appreciated that the author added endangered cats.

A beautiful book I would read to anyone.
Kim Patton
Sep 17, 2013 Kim Patton rated it liked it
The dream of a house cat, thinking about other types of cats from the panther to the lion, in places all over the world. Great book, but not BMJ eligible because of the author's residence out of US.
Donalyn
Dec 30, 2013 Donalyn rated it it was amazing
A house cat dreams she is a leopard, a puma, a cheetah. Stunning illustrations with accurate scientific information about the world's cats woven into poetic language. Additional information in the back matter about each featured cat.
Diana Pettis
Apr 23, 2014 Diana Pettis rated it really liked it
This would be a great book for teachers to use with students when learning about the different types of cats. I loved how the author mixes poetry and non-fiction together. The illustrations add to the story!!!
Judith
Dec 28, 2013 Judith rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. It's an ideal present for a friend who owns and loves a cat! As always, Jackie Morris' illustrations are quite beautiful and magical. A book to read with your cat, to share his/her dreams.
Kendra
Jun 17, 2013 Kendra rated it really liked it
Lovely illustrations, simple text, but a lot going on. I especially appreciate the extra information about each cat in the back, though some citations would be nice!
Pam P
Jun 05, 2014 Pam P rated it really liked it
A cat dreams of the many forms of "big" cats he could be. Beautiful language and great vocabulary. The back pages contain more information about each of the "big" cats.
Alexandra Calaway
Aug 25, 2015 Alexandra Calaway rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
All of Jackie Morris' books are works of art, prose and painting both done my Morris. Truly amazing. Books I could gaze at for hours.
Maia
May 27, 2014 Maia rated it it was amazing
One of our favorite authors
Myumyu
Myumyu rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2015
Stéphanie Geus
Stéphanie Geus rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2014
Hollis
Hollis rated it liked it
Nov 18, 2014
kerrycat
kerrycat rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2015
Laura rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2013
kelly
kelly rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2015
Starr
Starr rated it liked it
Oct 31, 2013
Adam
Adam rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2013
Cassie
Cassie rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2014
Leslied
Leslied rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2013
Katelyn Patterson
Katelyn Patterson rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Jackie Morris lives in a small house on the Welsh coast. She wanted to be an artist from the earliest she could remember. After studying art at Hereford and Bath Academy she went on to illustrate for magazines and newspapers. She began her first book for children the week after her first child, Thomas was born and has gone on to illustrate and write many books.
More about Jackie Morris...