Start by marking “Ex-Wives: Sometimes Three's a Crowd” as Want to Read:
Ex-Wives: Sometimes Three's a Crowd

Ex-Wives: Sometimes Three's a Crowd

2.63  ·  Rating Details  ·  27 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Kate Nichols had been married just two years when her art dealer husband crashed his plane and died. A year on, still overwhelmed by grief, she meets and falls in love with documentary film-maker, Richard Marshall. Richard is a divorced father of two and still very involved with his bi-polar ex-wife, but despite these difficulties, Kate's feelings for him are intense and h ...more
Published July 19th 2012 by Simon & Schuster UK (first published April 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Ex-Wives, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ex-Wives

Sara
Sep 16, 2015 Sara rated it did not like it
Not a smooth piece at all. Although, It became a bit better in the last 100 pages.
Too much of repeated sentences and no end self-talks. By the beginning of some paragraphs I knew I have to skip a page or two to avoid the tedious parts of the book.
I couldn't enjoy the book much.
Pat Osment
Sep 02, 2015 Pat Osment rated it it was ok
I found I could not bring myself to give this book any stars at all,in fact I hated it so much that It was a struggle to keep reading it.I thought the characters were dreadful ,all very superficial with dreadful upper class pompous dialogue.There seemed to be so many people keeping secrets that might have made the plot exciting but I found I couldn't care less about any of them.
The ending was all too tweeand even the deathbed bit didn't invoke any emotion other than to make it sound like Aiden w
Evie
Jul 22, 2014 Evie rated it it was ok
Drowning in adjectives and adverbs
Mel
Oct 22, 2013 Mel rated it did not like it
I'm very unsure about this. The plot was good, but everything else was a let down. I couldn't stand Richard's character; I found him gratingly fake, pompous and arrogant. I cannot see why Kate fell for him at all! I thought Kate's character was a bit one-dimensional and predictable in how she let Richard bulldoze his way into her life. Weak, disappointing characters that made for a weak, disappointing novel.
Rachel Burke
Feb 09, 2013 Rachel Burke rated it it was ok
Not sure why this book was given the title ex-wives when the ex-wife played such a minor role in the story. The story itself wasn't a bad concept but it failed when it tried to weave corruption and intrigue into what would be have an otherwise okay story of learning to love after loss. Really it just never got going and I didn't really believe in the characters enough to care about the outcome.
Fiona Robson
Sep 27, 2012 Fiona Robson rated it really liked it
Another book by another Tory politician's wife! However ... this is an extremely well written novel. If you like Joanna Trollope, you'll love this one. A very clever story, which weaves in the notion that we all have baggage, be it an ex-wife, late husband, or just past ghosts which still haunt us. It was extremely readable and had a very satisfying conclusion.
Vivienne
Jan 12, 2014 Vivienne rated it it was ok
it was ok but felt a lot went unsaid and the finish left you with lots of questions
Linda
Mar 21, 2016 Linda rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Another of those books I gave up on. It didn't grab me from the start, but I thought I'd keep plodding on with it. Then around half way through the story starts turning a bit preposterous and I found I didn't care enough to keep reading. Sorry :-(
Rachel Miller
Aug 30, 2012 Rachel Miller rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012

A thoroughly enjoyable book. The ending was a surprise given Richards passive aggressive qualities I could have imagined another chapter further down the line where things didn't work out quite as expected!
Rosie
May 19, 2013 Rosie rated it liked it
read it on the plane home after a holiday. pages turned quickly but the ending was a bit far fetched!
Karlynn
Sep 30, 2012 Karlynn rated it really liked it
Good wee read really enjoyed it.
Vanessa
Vanessa marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2016
Gill England
Gill England rated it did not like it
Mar 28, 2016
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
HiMaDaNaSyIr
HiMaDaNaSyIr marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
Nicky
Nicky rated it did not like it
Dec 13, 2015
Hedieh Sadr
Hedieh Sadr rated it it was ok
Aug 05, 2015
Anna Havanna
Anna Havanna marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it it was ok
Oct 02, 2014
Catherine
Catherine rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2014
Jill
Jill added it
Jul 22, 2014
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Felicity Williams
Felicity Williams marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Gaia
Gaia marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Sandra Howard (nee Paul) was one of the leading fashion models of the 1960s, appearing on the cover of American Vogue two months running. She worked as a freelance journalist alongside modelling, before turning to novel writing. She continues to write regularly for the press.

Her four novels, Glass Houses, Ursula's Story, A Matter of Loyalty and Ex-Wives are available in paperback and ebook. Her la
More about Sandra Howard...