Ex-Wives: Sometimes Three's a Crowd

Ex-Wives: Sometimes Three's a Crowd

2.95 of 5 stars 2.95  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Kate Nichols had been married just two years when her art dealer husband crashed his plane and died. A year on, still overwhelmed by grief, she meets and falls in love with documentary film-maker, Richard Marshall. Richard is a divorced father of two and still very involved with his bi-polar ex-wife, but despite these difficulties, Kate's feelings for him are intense and h...more
Published July 19th 2012 by Simon & Schuster UK (first published April 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Ex-Wives, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ex-Wives

Pat Osment
I found I could not bring myself to give this book any stars at all,in fact I hated it so much that It was a struggle to keep reading it.I thought the characters were dreadful ,all very superficial with dreadful upper class pompous dialogue.There seemed to be so many people keeping secrets that might have made the plot exciting but I found I couldn't care less about any of them.
The ending was all too tweeand even the deathbed bit didn't invoke any emotion other than to make it sound like Aiden w...more
Evie
Drowning in adjectives and adverbs
Mel Russell
I'm very unsure about this. The plot was good, but everything else was a let down. I couldn't stand Richard's character; I found him gratingly fake, pompous and arrogant. I cannot see why Kate fell for him at all! I thought Kate's character was a bit one-dimensional and predictable in how she let Richard bulldoze his way into her life. Weak, disappointing characters that made for a weak, disappointing novel.
Rachel Burke
Not sure why this book was given the title ex-wives when the ex-wife played such a minor role in the story. The story itself wasn't a bad concept but it failed when it tried to weave corruption and intrigue into what would be have an otherwise okay story of learning to love after loss. Really it just never got going and I didn't really believe in the characters enough to care about the outcome.
Fiona Robson
Another book by another Tory politician's wife! However ... this is an extremely well written novel. If you like Joanna Trollope, you'll love this one. A very clever story, which weaves in the notion that we all have baggage, be it an ex-wife, late husband, or just past ghosts which still haunt us. It was extremely readable and had a very satisfying conclusion.
Vivienne
it was ok but felt a lot went unsaid and the finish left you with lots of questions
Rachel Miller

A thoroughly enjoyable book. The ending was a surprise given Richards passive aggressive qualities I could have imagined another chapter further down the line where things didn't work out quite as expected!
Rosie
read it on the plane home after a holiday. pages turned quickly but the ending was a bit far fetched!
Karlynn
Good wee read really enjoyed it.
Jill
Jill added it
Jul 22, 2014
Belinda
Belinda marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Felicity Williams
Felicity Williams marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Gaia
Gaia marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Connie Steckel
Connie Steckel marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2013
Amanda
Amanda added it
Jun 01, 2013
Joy Chapman
Joy Chapman marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2013
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2013