Start by marking “If I Were President” as Want to Read:
If I Were President

If I Were President

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  50 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
A multicultural cast of children imagines what is would be like to be president.

Book Details: Format: Paperback Publication Date: 1/1/1999 Pages: 32 Reading Level: Age 5 and Up
Paperback
Published January 1st 1999 by Albert Whitman & Company

To ask other readers questions about If I Were President, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If I Were President

Nora Alomari
Nov 19, 2012 Nora Alomari rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Grade level interest: 3rd-5th grade
Reading level (Fountas-Pinnell): R
Genre: Picture book and Multicultural Literature

Main Characters: Children
Setting: White House
POV: Many different children share their own views and ideas

Catherine Stier gives a fun twist to election day that is enjoyable to young children. In the book, a few children share their thoughts of what they would do if they were president. The children in the book share fun thoughts such as getting two desserts every night or taking
Ashley
Mar 19, 2014 Ashley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books
In this story the author write as if a young child were to be president and describes what the president does and how the government works. I liked how this book walked the reader through the government and the explanations that are given. This book is a good book to have for children to read or to do an interactive read aloud for the teacher to read to the class.

Ask the students what would be a law they would make if they were President.”
Kristina
Aug 20, 2016 Kristina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
my 5 yo really liked this book. I thought that the author did a really good job at telling the kids about different things, like vetoes, but explaining it in a way that children would understand. I would recommend this book to others.
My Book Addiction and More MBA
IF I WERE~PRESIDENT by Catherine Stier and illustrated by DyAnne DiSalvo-Ryan is an amazing Children's Book/Educational/Picture Book. What a delightful way to teach young readers,Kindergarten to Grade 2 about the president. Written with details a young reader can understand,beautiful illustrations, and some generation formation. A must for not only young readers,but for grandparents and educators alike. I loved this book from beginning to end. Even I learned a few things or too. Easy to read and ...more
Melissa
Jul 05, 2015 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would really like to use this either at election time or for President's Day in my elementary classroom. Simple, yet accurate text, and gorgeous artwork.
Theresa
Jul 31, 2016 Theresa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Cute story featuring different children, boys and girls, and what their responsibilities would be as president.
Jackie
If I Were President talks about duties, responsibilities, and traditions of the Office of the Presidency...even insignificant things are explained, for example how the president's dog would be famous as well as the president's childhood home.

Used for "Who is Our President and What Does He Do All Day?" storytime-February, 2010.
Nicole
Feb 14, 2012 Nicole rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture_book
I took a look at this for a possible President's Day sort of storytime. It was an okay filler story, but I didn't find it very interesting/amusing/engaging...
Rachel
From the perspective of a little girl running the country and what she would do.
Tamara Cox
Tamara Cox marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Natalie  Sapkarov Harvey
Natalie Sapkarov Harvey marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Debora
Debora added it
Aug 15, 2016
Shaira Mae
Shaira Mae marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
Katherine Pfeiffer
Katherine Pfeiffer rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2016
Katherine Cheng
Katherine Cheng marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
Kathy E.
Kathy E. rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2016
Jenee Melgoza
Jenee Melgoza marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Apr 12, 2016
Andréa
Andréa rated it it was ok
Mar 21, 2016
Emily Myhren
Emily Myhren rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2016
Sarah added it
Feb 17, 2016
Skye Bryant
Skye Bryant rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2016
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Irena
Irena added it
Feb 06, 2016
Cathel De
Cathel De rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2016
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016