Start by marking “If I Were President” as Want to Read:
If I Were President

If I Were President

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  7 reviews
A multicultural cast of children imagines what is would be like to be president.

Book Details: Format: Paperback Publication Date: 1/1/1999 Pages: 32 Reading Level: Age 5 and Up
Paperback
Published January 1st 1999 by Albert Whitman & Company

To ask other readers questions about If I Were President, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If I Were President

Nora Alomari
Grade level interest: 3rd-5th grade
Reading level (Fountas-Pinnell): R
Genre: Picture book and Multicultural Literature

Main Characters: Children
Setting: White House
POV: Many different children share their own views and ideas

Catherine Stier gives a fun twist to election day that is enjoyable to young children. In the book, a few children share their thoughts of what they would do if they were president. The children in the book share fun thoughts such as getting two desserts every night or taking
Ashley
In this story the author write as if a young child were to be president and describes what the president does and how the government works. I liked how this book walked the reader through the government and the explanations that are given. This book is a good book to have for children to read or to do an interactive read aloud for the teacher to read to the class.

Ask the students what would be a law they would make if they were President.”
My Book Addiction and More MBA
IF I WERE~PRESIDENT by Catherine Stier and illustrated by DyAnne DiSalvo-Ryan is an amazing Children's Book/Educational/Picture Book. What a delightful way to teach young readers,Kindergarten to Grade 2 about the president. Written with details a young reader can understand,beautiful illustrations, and some generation formation. A must for not only young readers,but for grandparents and educators alike. I loved this book from beginning to end. Even I learned a few things or too. Easy to read and ...more
Melissa
I would really like to use this either at election time or for President's Day in my elementary classroom. Simple, yet accurate text, and gorgeous artwork.
Jackie
If I Were President talks about duties, responsibilities, and traditions of the Office of the Presidency...even insignificant things are explained, for example how the president's dog would be famous as well as the president's childhood home.

Used for "Who is Our President and What Does He Do All Day?" storytime-February, 2010.
Nicole
I took a look at this for a possible President's Day sort of storytime. It was an okay filler story, but I didn't find it very interesting/amusing/engaging...
Rachel
From the perspective of a little girl running the country and what she would do.
Tameka
Tameka marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
J.
J. marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
Rosanna
Rosanna marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Mare Winter
Mare Winter is currently reading it
Apr 25, 2015
Emily Powell
Emily Powell marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Mary
Mary added it
Mar 16, 2015
Marisa
Marisa marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Janaye
Janaye added it
Feb 19, 2015
Ashton Gallaher
Ashton Gallaher marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
If I Ran for President The Terrible Secrets of the Tell-All Club Today on Election Day Barnaby the Bedbug Detective Bugs in My Hair?!