Start by marking “The Behavior Code: A Practical Guide to Understanding and Teaching the Most Challenging Students” as Want to Read:

Based on a collaboration dating back nearly a decade, the authors—a behavioral analyst and a child psychiatrist—reveal their systematic approach for deciphering causes and patterns of difficult behaviors and how to match them with proven strategies for getting students back on track to learn.

The Behavior Code includes user-friendly worksheets and other helpful resources.
Published April 1st 2012 by Harvard Education Press

To ask other readers questions about The Behavior Code, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Behavior Code

Beth
Jun 17, 2012 Beth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I discovered this new book from Jessica Minahan and Nancy Rappaport after reading a couple of Minahan's articles online. Published in April, 2012 by Harvard Education Press, The Behavior Code is a clearly written, well organized guide to understanding and working successfully with K-6 students with challenging behaviors.

As a K-4 teacher librarian I found it very helpful, especially the chapter on teaching children with anxiety. The authors explain why anxious children may have inconsistent behav
Sandy
Nov 12, 2015 Sandy rated it really liked it
Good information regarding these difficulties, but often requires outside help that may not be accessed for various reasons.
Bess Raynor
Mar 20, 2014 Bess Raynor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To all my special educator/school psychologist/social worker friends: read this book! Really great, practical tips and interventions.
Mrs. Triplett
Jan 27, 2015 Mrs. Triplett rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Common Sense.
Kristy Campbell
Sep 08, 2016 Kristy Campbell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tips and tricks are so easy to imagine that I can't wait to use this book! We should've read this in college...
Sara
Nov 14, 2015 Sara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book had a lot of strategies for working with students with behavior issues. It will be a book that I will refer to as needed in the future. It was easy to read.
Susan
Feb 07, 2015 Susan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I actually found this book boring and hard to comprehend. It's still sitting in my pile and for the second time, I will not finish it. Nothing new here!
Kristin
Sep 27, 2012 Kristin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is written by my friend Jessica. She helped me so much with challenging behaviors in the classroom. It will be published April 19, 2012. Check it out! http://www.jessicaminahan.com/
William F.W. McDonald
William F.W. McDonald rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2015
Missy
Missy rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2015
Lyle Tuck
Lyle Tuck rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2016
Tom
Tom rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2016
Jaynie
Jaynie rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2015
Robvious
Robvious rated it did not like it
Oct 06, 2014
Lenora
Lenora rated it liked it
May 25, 2014
Jamie Banks
Jamie Banks rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2016
Carleen
Carleen rated it did not like it
Aug 29, 2014
Matt Engel
Matt Engel rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2012
Xander
Xander rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2013
Heather Bella
Heather Bella rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2014
Ian Pollack
Ian Pollack rated it it was ok
May 06, 2016
John
John rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2014
Debbie
Debbie rated it really liked it
Dec 13, 2016
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2014
Marianne Vines
Marianne Vines rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2012
Behaviorbabe
Behaviorbabe rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2012
Deb Troyanos
Deb Troyanos rated it liked it
Sep 22, 2016
Jessica Baldwin
Jessica Baldwin rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2014
Melissa Winchell
Melissa Winchell rated it really liked it
Nov 25, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Feb 28, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Applied Behavior Analysis
  • Professional Learning Communities at Work: Best Practices for Enhancing Student Achievement
  • The Behavior of Organisms
  • Leverage Leadership: A Practical Guide to Building Exceptional Schools
  • Kids Beyond Limits: The Anat Baniel Method for Awakening the Brain and Transforming the Life of Your  Child With Special Needs
  • Toilet Training in Less Than a Day
  • What Works in Schools: Translating Research Into Action
  • Visible Learning for Teachers: Maximizing Impact on Learning
  • Results Now: How We Can Achieve Unprecedented Improvements in Teaching and Learning
  • Divorce Poison
  • Driven by Data: A Practical Guide to Improve Instruction
  • Let Me Hear Your Voice: A Family's Triumph over Autism
  • Checking for Understanding: Formative Assessment Techniques for Your Classroom
  • The Science of Consequences: How They Affect Genes, Change the Brain, and Impact Our World
  • Executive Skills in Children and Adolescents: A Practical Guide to Assessment and Intervention
  • The Verbal Behavior Approach: How to Teach Children with Autism and Related Disorders
  • The Ultimate Journey: Consciousness and the Mystery of Death