Start by marking “The Behavior Code: A Practical Guide to Understanding and Teaching the Most Challenging Students” as Want to Read:

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  69 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Based on a collaboration dating back nearly a decade, the authors—a behavioral analyst and a child psychiatrist—reveal their systematic approach for deciphering causes and patterns of difficult behaviors and how to match them with proven strategies for getting students back on track to learn.

The Behavior Code includes user-friendly worksheets and other helpful resources.
Published April 1st 2012 by Harvard Education Press

To ask other readers questions about The Behavior Code, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Behavior Code

I discovered this new book from Jessica Minahan and Nancy Rappaport after reading a couple of Minahan's articles online. Published in April, 2012 by Harvard Education Press, The Behavior Code is a clearly written, well organized guide to understanding and working successfully with K-6 students with challenging behaviors.

As a K-4 teacher librarian I found it very helpful, especially the chapter on teaching children with anxiety. The authors explain why anxious children may have inconsistent behav
Bess Raynor
To all my special educator/school psychologist/social worker friends: read this book! Really great, practical tips and interventions.
Good information regarding these difficulties, but often requires outside help that may not be accessed for various reasons.
This book had a lot of strategies for working with students with behavior issues. It will be a book that I will refer to as needed in the future. It was easy to read.
This book is written by my friend Jessica. She helped me so much with challenging behaviors in the classroom. It will be published April 19, 2012. Check it out!
I actually found this book boring and hard to comprehend. It's still sitting in my pile and for the second time, I will not finish it. Nothing new here!
Kaitlynn marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2015
Andrew Cooke
Andrew Cooke marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2015
Jen Retka
Jen Retka marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2015
Lj marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2015
Sara added it
Nov 14, 2015
Katie Tardiff
Katie Tardiff is currently reading it
Nov 24, 2015
Stacy marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2015
Laura Tracey
Laura Tracey marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
April Parry
April Parry marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
Amy marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Angela marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015
Tneter marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Professional Learning Communities at Work: Best Practices for Enhancing Student Achievement
  • Results Now: How We Can Achieve Unprecedented Improvements in Teaching and Learning
  • Visible Learning for Teachers: Maximizing Impact on Learning
  • Divorce Poison
  • What Works in Schools: Translating Research Into Action
  • Driven by Data: A Practical Guide to Improve Instruction
  • Leverage Leadership: A Practical Guide to Building Exceptional Schools
  • Applied Behavior Analysis
  • Executive Skills in Children and Adolescents: A Practical Guide to Assessment and Intervention
  • The Skin That We Speak: Thoughts on Language and Culture in the Classroom
  • Checking for Understanding: Formative Assessment Techniques for Your Classroom
  • Understanding by Design Professional Development Workbook
  • How to Talk to an Autistic Kid
  • Kids Beyond Limits: The Anat Baniel Method for Awakening the Brain and Transforming the Life of Your  Child With Special Needs
  • Teach, Breathe, Learn: Mindfulness in and out of the Classroom