Start by marking “Morgue Drawer for Rent (Morgue Drawer, #3)” as Want to Read:
Morgue Drawer for Rent (Morgue Drawer, #3)

Morgue Drawer for Rent (Morgue Drawer / Kühlfach 4 #3)

Wishing to return to his peaceful life and spend more time with his girlfriend, coroner Martin Gänsewein wants nothing more than to rid himself of his foulmouthed undead sidekick, Pascha. Unfortunately, such things are easier said than done. When bodies at the local cemetery begin to turn up sans organs, Martin and Pascha are once again forced into partnership to solve the ...more
Published December 4th 2012 by Amazon Crossing (first published December 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Morgue Drawer for Rent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Morgue Drawer for Rent

Susan Crowe
The first 50% of this book is a 2* and the last 50% is a 4* so that is why I rated this book 3*s. Unlike the first 2 books, this book started out sloooooow. So glad it picked up later. I am hoping this series continues. Loved the ending.
Kelly Macfarlane
Dec 08, 2012 Kelly Macfarlane rated it really liked it
I really enjoy this series -- ghost of car thief haunts coroner and solves crimes in the process. It's an interesting take on both the buddy-book and the detective novel. The first two books in the series made me laugh out loud in parts and have inspired me to keep up with my German so that I can try to read them in their original. I love Pasha (the thief) and Dr Gänseweine, the coroner, as well as the bit characters. (Although maybe the women could be less beautiful / decorative and a bit more ...more
Beth
Jan 20, 2013 Beth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another enjoyable read from Jutta Profijt. Even though there is a bit much about Pasha's sexual urges - and for the record I'm no prude - the story is still as funny and entertaining as the first two. And I guess it is funny that poor Pasha can spy on all the naked women he wants but can't do a thing! I do hope there is another in this series.
Dena
Mar 08, 2014 Dena rated it really liked it
This might have been my least favorite of the three but still a highly enjoyable series. The plot is threadbare in mystery but I keep coming back for the characters. I just enjoy them all.

Excellent beach read. Can't wait for #4 for to be translated.
Sandi
Another enjoyable outing for my two favorite German crime solvers. While the plot was not the most coherent, the narration of the audio by MacLeod Andrews kept me highly entertained.
D
May 05, 2016 D rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
whiner
+ tantrum
+ bully
______
= Pascha

.....two out of three (books) ain't bad.
Melissa
Oct 30, 2016 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Morgue Drawer book3

Our ghost pal assists in another hair raising adventure mystery involving greed, disappearing bodies and loves for all the guys! I had the laughs I love and the twists that kept me guessing throughout. Off to book 4!!
Cathy Cole
Dec 31, 2015 Cathy Cole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This third book in the series takes up right where Morgue Drawer Next Door left off. Cologne is in the midst of a horrible heat wave, asbestos is being removed from the Institute building, and the icing on this cake of complete havoc is the new head of the department, a bean counter referred to as "Piggy Bank" by all those under his lunatic thumb of iron. I am amazed at how the author has kept me intrigued with the idea of teaming an intellectual man of science with the deceased spirit of a ...more
Amy
Jun 16, 2015 Amy rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
ARC/Mystery: This book is a German to English translation and book three of the morgue drawer series. After reading Dragon Tattoo, I've been interested in authors from other countries simply because I'm tired of the same ole plots. This is a ghost story, but it is different.
First, I had to look up the name Pascha because it sounds feminine, and in most cases it is. However this Pascha is a male ghost. The only person this ex-car thief can communicate with is the nerdish coroner, Martin. Unlike m
dee felker
Sep 10, 2016 dee felker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another good read

I really like this author. The book is from a German author and translated into English. I love the characters and the plots always have a twist. Thumbs up.
And I always look forward to the next book in the series
Mar 01, 2013 Sarah rated it really liked it
Shelves: amazon-vine
I am enjoying this series, this is book 3 and although not the best book in the series I still think it is well worth a read. Poor old Martin continues to struggle with being the only person Pascha can communicate with. While Martin is wishing he could get rid of Pascha his life is complicated by disappearing corpses and a new boss with radical money saving ideas. He is looking for a quiet life with his girlfriend Birgit but instead finds himself having to solve crime and deal with a lovesick ...more
Mihir
Apr 27, 2013 Mihir rated it liked it
This is the third book in the series featuring the spirit Pasha who is a meta-physical resident of the Institute for Forensic Medicine in Cologne, Germany. He only deals with the coroner Martin Gänsewein, who is plainly horrified by Pasha's proclivities, profanities and his existence in general. The story in the previous two volumes showed how these two different souls came to know of each other and in this book we further see the exploration of their "friendship".

A fully hilarious take on burea
Beth
Jan 30, 2016 Beth rated it liked it
Enjoyable, light read.
Third book in the series about a murdered con who can only be heard by the coroner who did his autopsy.
Martin, the coroner really wants nothing to do with someone who is continually intruding into his personal life. He and Pascha, the ghost, are total opposites in personality and outlook.
In the meantime, a new morgue manager arrives and decides that the morgue needs to operate more efficiently and make money to boot. Bits and pieces start disappearing, the staff are being
Kim
Jun 16, 2016 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-read
Another instalment in the comedy-crime series featuring pathologist Dr Gansewein and his nemesis, the ghost of deceased thief Pasha. In a literary version of Randall & Hopkirk (deceased), Pasha's ghost has yet to find his way to the 'other side' and, in the meantime, can only communicate with Doctor Gansewein. However, Pasha's abilities to infiltrate places unnoticed become useful in solving a series of mysteries, in this case bodies disappearing from the morgue before autopsies are ...more
❀Aimee❀ Just one more page...
This series is a lot of fun to read. Told from the POV of a young, rough around the edges, car thieving ghost that can only be heard by the medical examiner on his case. Together the soft spoken, uptight medical examiner, and Pascha (the ghost) solve murder mysteries!

The stories are interesting and on another note, I am just amazed at the ability of the translator to capture the voice of the main character, and use phrases and colloquialisms correctly while translating from German. He is a gift
Glinda Harrison
This book is number 3 in the Morgue Drawer series of paranormal mysteries and I enjoyed it as much as the first two. The focus on Pascha's writing career is a great touch: Imagine hearing a ghost complain about his editor!

Kudos to the publishers for keeping the same translator Erik J. Macki does a great job retaining the essence of the Cologne culture and setting while making the book very accessible to an American reader.

If you liked the first two books, this one will not disappoint.
Karen wadey
Jan 09, 2013 Karen wadey rated it liked it
This book is very odd, it took me a little while to realise that it had been written from the point of a ghost.Unfortunately the idea of Organ trafficking isn't a unique one and I've read a few before but it was a nice change from lots of blood and gore, although I'm not knocking the realism of such books. I may read another of these books on the future.
Stefanie
Aug 09, 2014 Stefanie rated it liked it
As a fan of the series, the third book delivered the expected light humor and fun. The first half of the story did drag a bit, and I would have to say this was my least favorite of the three, but it was still a good book. If you haven't read the first two books though, I don't think this is the place to start.
Peter J
Dec 29, 2012 Peter J rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not quite as good as the first two books in the series,felt a little bit long in coming to the conclusion. Ending also was not very clear about whether Pasha will have another book. I have enjoyed the theme in these book's that a ghost of a murder victim haunts the coroner helping him solve cases. Christmas celebrations was the reason it took took so long to read this book
Kris
Dec 17, 2013 Kris rated it liked it
Sigh. The stories become more entertaining, and Pascha himself becomes more and more annoying, until you want to throw the book through his non-existent head. This series has promise, but Pascha needs to learn/change/grow if I'm going to not hate-read any installment that shows up next. It's hard to love a book with a great story when you hate the storyteller.
Mel Horne
Jul 19, 2015 Mel Horne rated it it was ok
I had to try really hard to get into this story, it was a pity as I enjoyed the first 2. It was ok in the end , but I almost put it down so many times ...... The characters were all very shallow I think Martin is more of a ghost than The ghost! Not sure if I will read the next one.
Ross Homer
May 30, 2013 Ross Homer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Like the first two, this book was entertaining. I will readier as they become available. My only complaint is that the character Pasha is such an asshole. I'd like to see Jutta Profijt tone him down just a bit.
Christine
Jun 09, 2014 Christine rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
This was just wasn't as obnoxiously entertaining as the previous two and the mystery was pretty obvious from early in the story. Plus, if I'm being totally honest, Pasha's obsession with Irena was too stalkerish for my liking and made me a little uncomfortable.
Katy
Sep 28, 2012 Katy rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of the series, those who enjoy mysteries w/ the supernatural and humor
Recommended to Katy by: Amazon Vine
Since this is an Amazon Vine-provided book, I cannot post my full review here. To see it, please follow this link to my blog:
Pamela
Jun 06, 2016 Pamela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Silly, cozy mystery

If you hate books where you already know "whodunnit" on page four, this book may not be for you. If you want a little warm fuzzy and a break from real life, give it a shot. Third in a series.
Stephanie
Aug 04, 2013 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
Loved this series. I listened to it by audiobook and think the narrator adds considerable, but appropriate attitude to Pascha.
Larry
Feb 06, 2013 Larry rated it really liked it
I started the series with this book, and will probably go back and read the others.
Some nice twist in the book.
Ang
Mar 08, 2013 Ang rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read the English translation of this book. It's the third in the series and just as entertaining as the others. I enjoy the pairing of the abrasive ghost of a car thief and the uptight coroner.
Sherry
Jan 12, 2013 Sherry rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like this series written with a sense of humor about a ghost who sends the ME the only person who hears him, out to solve murders.
Leslie
Mar 31, 2013 Leslie rated it really liked it
This is the 3rd book in the series. They are fun and fast. I really enjoy the characters. Its enjoyable to see a ghost and a coroner become entwined with murder and friendship.
Goodreads Librari...: American version needs some work 3 22 Sep 27, 2012 02:16AM
Goodreads Librari...: Please add cover 3 27 Sep 20, 2012 08:20PM
  • Rachesommer (Walter Pulaski, #1)
  • Blood Men
  • The Dead Man Vol 1 (Face of Evil, Ring of Knives, Heaven In Hell): 1-3 (Dead Man Series)
  • Bretonische Brandung (Kommissar Dupin, #2)
  • River of Shadows
  • Resuscitation (Sam Rizzo #2)
  • The Next Right Thing: A Novel
  • A Market Tale (Bruno, Chief of Police, #7.5)
  • Black Lies, Red Blood
  • Milchgeld (Kommissar Kluftinger, #1)
  • Casual Rex
  • Start Shooting
  • Lady at the O.K. Corral: The True Story of Josephine Marcus Earp
  • The Child
  • The Flatey Enigma
  • Dressed to Keel (A Darcy Cavanaugh Mystery #1)
  • Steamed (Maid in LA, #1)
  • Night Rounds (Inspector Huss #2)
Jutta Profijt is a crime novelist and translator.

Author photo (c)Doris Seffern, used with permission.
More about Jutta Profijt...

Morgue Drawer / Kühlfach 4 (5 books)
  • Morgue Drawer Four (Morgue Drawer, #1)
  • Morgue Drawer Next Door (Morgue Drawer, #2)
  • Morgue Drawer: Do Not Enter! (Morgue Drawer, #4)
  • Morgue Drawer: Clink or Cooler?

“I think museums are dead boring. I don't like most of the pictures on their walls. With modern pieces you never know if it's a sandwich on the floor half-eaten by some animals, a forgotten hors d'oeuvre -- or Art Some great artist paints shit pictures that I could've surpassed in nursery school and then hangs them upside down on the wall. I mean, what about that involves Art?” 1 likes
“And he was murdered?"...
"Stabbed"...
"And this has something to do with the strange drugs?"
...Personally, I'd never heard of a package insert that listed "fatal stabbing injuries" under a drug's side effects.”
1 likes