Start by marking “Fright Forest (Elf Girl and Raven Boy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fright Forest (Elf Girl and Raven Boy, #1)

Fright Forest (Elf Girl and Raven Boy #1)

Eep...the adventure begins!

Raven Boy has short black spiky hair, amazing night vision and can talk to animals.

Elf Girl is light of foot, sharp of mind and...elfish all over.

Together they have strange, creepy, altogether spooky and hilarious adventures as they save their world from trolls, ogres, witches and things that slither and slide in the fiendish forest.
Published 2012 by Orion Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Fright Forest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fright Forest

Jenni
Cover issue: The book I have in my hand had this cover instead
description

This is the first book in the Elf girl and Raven boy series by Marcus Sedgwick (one of my favorite author) and I actually loved this cute story. It has a low rating but you have to keep in mind that this book's target group is children and not adult, so I imagined I was a child and out of that what I would think about this book.
It was adventurous and the characters were funny. The art is as usual illustrated by Pete Williamson and it
Anna
Jul 31, 2015 Anna rated it it was amazing
I picked up 'Fright Forest' at the library whilst waiting for my children to choose some books. The illustrations ( Illustrated by Pete Williamson ) initially grabbed my attention and as I started to read, I realised just how much they compliment this amazing adventure.

I love Elf Girl and Raven Boy. I love the story. I love the illustrations. I love everything about this book.

Raven boy with his tree climbing, amazing night vision and ability to talk to animals is a perfect friend for Elf Girl,
Bookstorequeer
This was a cute book. Good characters (love Rat!), funny dialogue that doesn't seem forced and the pacing is good. The end came up on me a little quickly but it fit with the rest of the story, so that's good.

There was a surprising amount of physical violence in this book, even if most of the time it was slapstick or written about in a way that toned it down. But where the bad guys were concerned (when there was real danger), then it wasn't too scary, so that's good.

All together, a fun, quick rea
Lorraine Orman
Oct 14, 2012 Lorraine Orman rated it did not like it
A curiously lacklustre story by one of my favourite authors - sadly! But I am an adult reviewer, and young readers (of primary-school age) who like their spooky bits being only mildly spooky may enjoy it...
Zayneea
Oct 05, 2014 Zayneea rated it liked it
Nice introduction to Elf Girl and Raven Boy before they go off on some more adventures. Not a lot happened in this story which is why I give it 3 stars rather than 4, but I am hopeful it will improve in the next story of the series.
Andrew Ralton
Feb 01, 2013 Andrew Ralton rated it liked it
Ok. A few chuckles in it for my five year old, who seemed to enjoy it. Not one of the best kids books I've ever read, but I may still get the follow up 'Monster Mountains' because of the aforesaid chuckles.
Gaby
Jan 26, 2014 Gaby rated it it was ok
The story itself was okay, but I actually didn't like the way this book was written. There seemed to be a lot of unnecessary dialogue that did not benefit the story or character development. The 'banter' between the two characters seemed forced and drawn-out. I did however, love the illustrations.
Eilish
Jun 04, 2014 Eilish rated it really liked it
I really liked this book, I wouldn't say it was one of my favourite, but it was light, refreshing and incredibly funny in places. Something a book like this makes a nice change in-between more lengthy book. I think I will definitely be ready the next one in the series.
Anastasia Alexandra
Jul 23, 2016 Anastasia Alexandra rated it liked it
The writing is a bit simplistic. But the atmosphere created by the descriptions and illustrations is enjoyable, like reading a Gothic fairy tale.
Claire
Claire rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2013
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2016
Steen Nielsen
Steen Nielsen rated it it was ok
Oct 30, 2013
Househippo
Househippo rated it it was ok
Sep 11, 2016
Penny
Penny rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2014
Maitha AlFalasi
Maitha AlFalasi rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2013
Linda
Linda rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2013
Lucy Wilkinson
Lucy Wilkinson rated it did not like it
Jan 22, 2015
Martin Hansen
Martin Hansen rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2016
Erica Cruz
Erica Cruz rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2015
yamster
yamster rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2016
Nella
Nella rated it it was ok
Sep 23, 2012
Jennifer Jones
Jennifer Jones rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2014
Jen
Jen rated it it was ok
Nov 13, 2013
Shaya
Shaya rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2015
Mia Lockhart
Mia Lockhart rated it liked it
Oct 20, 2015
Emma
Emma rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2015
Niki
Feb 08, 2014 Niki rated it really liked it
Good. I really want to know their real names though.
Lewis
Lewis rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2014
Jumana Asim
Jumana Asim rated it really liked it
May 14, 2015
Marcus Sedgwick was born in Kent, England. Marcus is a British author and illustrator as well as a musician. He is the author of several books, including Witch Hill and The Book of Dead Days, both of which were nominated for the Edgar Allan Poe Award. The most recent of these nominations rekindled a fascination with Poe that has borne fruit here in (in The Restless Dead, 2007) the form of "The Hea ...more
More about Marcus Sedgwick...

Elf Girl and Raven Boy (6 books)
  • Monster Mountains (Elf Girl and Raven Boy, #2)
  • Scream Sea (Elf Girl and Raven Boy, #3)
  • Dread Desert (Elf Girl and Raven Boy, #4)
  • Terror Town (Elf Girl and Raven Boy, #5)
  • Creepy Caves (Elf Girl and Raven Boy, #6)