Start by marking “Eating Well Through Cancer: Easy Recipes & Recommendations During & After Treatment” as Want to Read:

Designed for cancer patients and their family, these easy-to-follow recipes focus on foods best tolerated and those to ease the symptoms during treatment. With an oncologist's chapter introduction, doctor's notes, menu planning, tips, nutritional analysis, diabetic exchanges, the book serves as a guide for nutrition before, during, and after cancer treatment.
Published January 1st 2006 by Holly B. Clegg (first published March 21st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Eating Well Through Cancer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eating Well Through Cancer

Kimberly Ann
Feb 10, 2016 Kimberly Ann rated it did not like it

Do NOT Buy This Book..... Do NOT Use This Book

I do not know what the hell these imbeciles were thinking when they wrote this book, but it wasn't about eating healthy.

You Do NOT: make a pizza w/ Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough; eat Reduced Fat Peanut Butter; make a pie using Instant Chocolate Pudding; eat bottled Light Italian or Caesar Dressing; use packaged Low-Sodium Taco Seasoning; nor do you cook w/ Margarine......

Do you get the idea of what I'm ranting about? 99.9% of these recipes are ma
Kristen
Jun 18, 2015 Kristen rated it did not like it
The only reason I have this book was because it was sent to me by the company that makes my Herceptin and Perjeta drugs for my HER2 positive breast cancer. I absolutely cannot BELIEVE that this book exists as it contains the worst possible recipes for cancer patients—full of sugar, refined foods, JUNK, meat, canned crap... why why why? There is absolutely nothing healthy about this book at all. If you would like to really learn about what is good for your body while living with cancer (backed up ...more
Cynthia Coletti
Aug 01, 2014 Cynthia Coletti rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
We worked through this book methodically during the immunocompromised period following my husband's stem cell transplant. There were several recipes we liked well but nothing that helped me get him to eat more! Let's say I consumed much more of the results than he did. I was hoping he was at least getting good food when he could keep it down!
The recipes kept ingredient number & preparation to a minimum which was helpful.
Danell Duff
Dec 19, 2010 Danell Duff rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
Perfect cookbook for a cancer patient during treatment and beyond. Well organized and easy to find recipes for any situation.
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2016
Elizabeth Chandler
Elizabeth Chandler rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2016
Cynthia Wheelehan
Cynthia Wheelehan rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2016
Nancy
Nancy rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2016
Roman Stadtler
Roman Stadtler rated it did not like it
Jul 11, 2016
Paul Mauer
Paul Mauer marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Cathy
Cathy marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
Angie
Angie added it
Jun 02, 2016
Kim Dye
Kim Dye rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2016
Nancy Guild
Nancy Guild rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2016
Eva North
Eva North marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016
Danielle Campanella
Danielle Campanella marked it as to-read
May 27, 2016
Billy Jack
Billy Jack rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2016
Sue
Sue added it
Dec 17, 2015
Daya
Daya marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2015
Susan Chalkey
Susan Chalkey rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2015
Annette Sarrazine
Annette Sarrazine rated it did not like it
Nov 08, 2015
Margaret
Margaret rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2015
Lynne Martin
Lynne Martin rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2015
Linda Anderson
Linda Anderson rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2015
Katie Hua
Katie Hua marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2015