Start by marking “Queen Geeks In Love” as Want to Read:
Queen Geeks In Love

Queen Geeks In Love (The Queen Geek Social Club #2)

Last year, Shelby Chapelle and her friend Becca founded the Queen Geek Social Club, and set out to find others of their kind. This year, Becca has even bigger plans for the Queen Geeks. She thinks working on the club's website and planning Geekfest (a talent show of geek-tastic proportions) should be Shelby's number one priority.

Guys have always been strictly secondary t
Published November 6th 2007 by Berkley Trade

To ask other readers questions about Queen Geeks In Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Queen Geeks In Love

Fangirl by Rainbow RowellHow to Date a Nerd by Cassie MaeHow to Seduce a Band Geek by Cassie MaeThe Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae MillerThe Avery Shaw Experiment by Kelly Oram
YA Nerd/Geek Books
53rd out of 141 books — 234 voters
Love and Leftovers by Sarah TregayGone, Gone, Gone by Hannah MoskowitzThe Total Tragedy of a Girl Named Hamlet by Erin DionneThe Girl in the Converse Shoes by Yaritza GarciaJumping Off Swings by Jo Knowles
Converse!
22nd out of 88 books — 20 voters

More lists with this book...

Kristy
Oct 08, 2012 Kristy rated it liked it
Shelves: realistic
This was cute and quirky, but had very predictable moments and a few annoying characters. I really had to make myself trudge through the beginning. Becca and Shelby really had some nails on chalkboard moments for me. Becca was very self-absorbed, bossy and demaning! Shelbly was a push-over, commitment-phobe and a little whiney.
Toward the end, I felt sympathy for Shelby.... And, she got bonus points for facing her fears and having the courage to do something about her situation. I rooted for her
Jennifer Wardrip
May 11, 2008 Jennifer Wardrip rated it really liked it
Reviewed by Randstostipher "tallnlankyrn" Nguyen for TeensReadToo.com

Last time, in THE QUEEN GEEK SOCIAL CLUB, Shelby and her new best friend, Becca, created a group full of average girls that would try to take over the world, one Twinkie at a time. Along the way, Shelby had to get used to her dad dating, making sure her friend didn't go too far, and falling for the oh-so-adorable Fletcher.

Shelby Chapelle is back, this time with even more sticky situations. Shelby and Fletcher have gotten prett
Genesis
Sep 09, 2009 Genesis rated it really liked it
" Queen Geeks in love"is about this girl named Shelby wants to start off her year as a good student. Then a cute guy named Fletcher swept her off her feet. Now that Fletcher came along in the picture of high school, Shelby's two best friends; Becca and Amber start liking the same guy. So not only is there school year trouble but also friendship problems too.

My text-to-self connection would be that last year in the beginning my best friend Amanda liked this guy. And when I saw him he asked me out
Alison
Jun 22, 2012 Alison rated it did not like it
Shelves: own, read-in-2012
I can't even handle the robot. Why isn't Shelby's dad a billionaire off of this robot? It has emotions, a love affair, and more functions than realistically possible. This is ridiculous.

I'm also irritated by the, "OMG WE ARE SUCH GEEKS LOLOLOLOL" attitude. No.

And Becca is complaining that money is tight because her dad hasn't paid child support. Isn't it mentioned approximately a million times that Becca lives in a mansion? (If it were mentioned more, I'd think Becca's dad was Watson Brewer.) Wh
Readingee
November 06, 2007 by Berkley Trade
Pages.304 $9.99
Laura Preble
ISBN-13:9780425217177

Love triangle, what does that mean? Hmmm...it means that person "a" falls for person "b", but person "b" falls for person "c", and person "c" falls for person "a". Get the picture? This is going on between Shelby, Becca, and Fletcher. Queen Geeks In Love is the sequel to Queen Geeks Social Club.

Shelby and Becca were the one who created the queen geeks social club, and know Shelby's is starting to
Torie
Jul 26, 2013 Torie rated it really liked it
Shelby keeps her feelings to herself and relationships scare her. Along with the other queen geeks in the club she's associated with, they find love in unlikely places. An artist finds another artist's soul, one is stalked by a bunny, another finds a guy at a party, and Shelby runs until she is able to see that what she wants was right in front of her the whole time.

This book really surprised me, I picked it up from the library as an impulsive read. The first chapter or so when I would usually p
Hua
Jan 20, 2009 Hua rated it liked it
I liked this book, but it wasn't my favorite. This book is about a girl who is struggling to be with her boyfriend or not to be with her boyfriend. She would try anything to avoid a serious conversation with her boyfriend. At last she decided to avoid her boyfriend by hiding away from him. But it doesn't work out for her. The next thing she does... I would recommend this book to whoever that likes to read novels about a inner teenager's thought. I feel connected to this book because i actually u ...more
Elizabeth Wallace
Jul 11, 2009 Elizabeth Wallace rated it it was ok
DISAPPOINTMENT EXPRESS. I remember Queen Geek Club as being awesome, but this was cheesy and whiny. "Oh no, my best-friends-in-the-world are conflicting with my ... kind-of-boyfriend. No one's on my SIIIIIIIDE! And also, why do this amazing guy and I have to be "going steady"? Why do his kisses have to make me weak in the knees? WHY ME?"
You get it. Ugh. Plus also she *happens* to have this incredibly smart talking robot with emotions who can fall in love. What? For some reason, when I was readi
Allison
Jun 11, 2009 Allison rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2008-2009
This book is based on a girl, named Shelby, who is struggling on whether she should stay with her boyfriend or not. The book is told in a way expressing many inner thoughts of a teenager who suffer between love and friendship. I will recommend teenagers to read this book, because throughout the book, because the protagonist’s points of view can sound very understandable to most of the teenagers, which makes it easier for them to create connections to what the protagonist has experienced. In addi ...more
Nancy
Aug 27, 2009 Nancy rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone
Shelves: 10-th-grade
This book "Geeks in love" by Laura Preble was about four girls who are in a geek club and they are different. They plan lots of things to do, like parties and events. The four girls Amber, Shelby and Becca just started their sophomore year and they begin to fall in love. But speading geekiness was impotant than guys and at the end the girls find out that being a inner geek is the important thing.
Anna
Dec 31, 2013 Anna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I thought this was a great book. Shelby is a fun and funky character with a complicated life. Her problems always seem to work out with lots of laughs along the way.
Lauren Kamoda
Dec 16, 2013 Lauren Kamoda rated it it was ok
oh man. I found this book in a discount shop awhile ago. it really wasn't that great. It honestly felt like I was reading a rather horrible fanfic. I don't feel like the characters developed, and everything was very predictable.
Charlotte
Apr 14, 2009 Charlotte rated it liked it
Shelves: fluff
this is a very fluff-ish book, however is funny and does show a lot of what many geek-ish teen girls go through throughout their life in high school....
Akk
Apr 04, 2016 Akk rated it really liked it
The begining kind of suck to me but the end seems okay. I almost stop reading it but the last chapter drew me back. In general, it seems good to me.
Erin
May 30, 2016 Erin rated it really liked it
While this was still rich in amazingly sarcastic comments, the moderately unrealistic characters drove me partially insane.
JustWorkAlready
Nov 29, 2008 JustWorkAlready rated it really liked it
just like the last one it was a cute book! except more love rivalry!
V
Jun 16, 2009 V rated it it was amazing
This book was very good i enjoyed the idea of a club made for people who felt as if they would be considered "Geeks"
Lane
Dec 16, 2008 Lane rated it it was ok
Weird!!!
Erin
Mar 10, 2013 Erin rated it it was ok
2.5
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2016
Elisabet Lökvist
Elisabet Lökvist rated it it was ok
Sep 05, 2016
Marilena
Marilena marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Chloe
Chloe marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Laura marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2016
Jena Johnson
Jena Johnson marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
  • You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah!
  • Everything She Wants (The 310, #2)
  • Who's Your Daddy?
  • Sylvia and Ted
  • Kidnapped: His Innocent Mistress
  • Frost Bites (Edgar & Ellen Nodyssey, #2)
  • Like a Thorn
  • They Came From Below
  • Nodame Cantabile, Vol. 13 (Nodame Cantabile, #13)
  • Hidden
  • Roommates
  • The Eggnog Chronicles
  • In the Space Left Behind
  • Tenderwire
  • When Good Wishes Go Bad (As You Wish, #2)
  • Heroes: Volume Two
  • Love (In the Cards, #1)
  • Undercover
Laura Preble is the author of the popular QUEEN GEEK SOCIAL CLUB series for young adults as well as LICA'S ANGEL. She is the winner of a Kurt Vonnegut Fiction Prize as well as numerous other awards. She lives in San Diego. Her newest novel, OUT, is available as an ebook or in print format.
More about Laura Preble...

The Queen Geek Social Club (3 books)
  • The Queen Geek Social Club