Start by marking “The Better To See You (Transplanted Tales, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Better To See You (Transplanted Tales, #2)

The Better To See You (Transplanted Tales #2)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  287 ratings  ·  73 reviews
Once upon a time, a spell went awry and Make Believe characters were cast into the ordinary world. And the results aren’t always happily ever after…

Published February 7th 2013 by eKensington (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Better To See You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Better To See You

Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverLover at Last by J.R. WardThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
480th out of 2,467 books — 12,481 voters
Frost Burned by Patricia BriggsTwice Tempted by Jeaniene FrostEver After by Kim HarrisonHeart of Obsidian by Nalini SinghHouse Rules by Chloe Neill
2013 Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy (January - June)
153rd out of 290 books — 1,121 voters

More lists with this book...

Julie
Posted at Yummy Men & Kick Ass Chicks

The Better to See You is the second book in Kate SeRine’s Transplanted Tales series and boy, was I ever impressed with this book. Actually, I’m super impressed with this entire series. Yes, it is a series whose characters are fairy tale / literary creatures but they are written unlike anything you have ever read. Kate takes typical fairy tale folk and gives them a whole new persona. A good example is Red. We meet her in the first book, (she’s Little Red
Lady Lioness
I was so freakin' excited when I saw this up on NetGalley. I really enjoyed Red and was hoping this one would be just as good. In the end, it was no better or worse than Red. The things that bothered me about Red bothered me about The Better To See You as well. It was very much a 'just the facts, ma'am' book and I wanted a little more emotional resonance to go with the non-stop action. It's also not as gritty as Red, falling into paranormal territory rather than urban.

HOWEVER, I still had a rol
Deborah
Beth
A magical spell has gone awry bringing some of the inhabitants from the land of fairy crashing into the ordinary world. Poor Lavender Seelie, she has been blamed for it all and many of the transplanted make believe residents are not happy about their circumstances.

A suggestion to move to the refuge, a town inhabited by misplaced Tales, gives Lavender a second chance at finding happiness. She never expected to be sent to the “big bad wolf”. She also didn’t expect the chemistry the sizzles between
Kathy (Kindle-aholic)
I really liked SeRine's Red. Where that one felt more UF with a heavy dose of romance, this second installment had the romance aspect front and center. It is still first person, as we see everything from Lavender's POV. We just get into the romance faster than in book 1. It surprised me at first, until we find out why everything happened so fast. I liked Lavender's dilemma, and it showed how far her character has progressed.

When I first heard about book 2, I wasn't surprised that Seth was going
Janice • The Demon Librarian
**Find this and other reviews @ The Demon Librarian**

Sequel success!

Kate SeRine's debut novel, Red, was one of the last books I read in 2012. Less than 50 pages into it and I knew I'd struck reading gold. I mean, c'mon, a series about fairy tales and literary characters living among us? Sign me up, please!

Each Transplanted Tales book focuses on a different couple. In Red, we had Tess and Nate, and in The Better To See You, we get Lavendar and Seth (aka The Big Bad Wolf). While they didn't roc
Kimba
The Transplanted Tale series by Kate SeRine is such a fun series with zany characters straight from our beloved fairy-tales. The story goes that a spell gone awry in Make Believe ripped some of the characters from their pages into our world. Now they are forced to live among the ordinaries in the Here and Now. They have rules for blending in and they are strictly enforced by the Fairytale Management Authority. In the first book we met Red aka “Little Red Riding Hood”. In The Better to See You we ...more
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
Another brilliant book in the series, where again we meet even more characters from Tales and stories that have been brought over from the land of make-believe.

This book however focuses on Lavender Seelie (the fairy godmother of cinderella) and Seth Wolf (The big bad wolf).

This book definitely has more of a paranormal feeling to it as well as the previous who-dun-it mystery as to is performing killings.

Both have their own issues to deal with, of being a bad person, of being hounded for who and w
Jenese (Readers Confession)
It should be no surprise to you all that I loved The Better to See You, as much as I gushed about Kate SeRine and he wonderful imagination. If you didn't see my review of her debut novel, Red be sure to check it out here.

Lavender and Seth's stories are very similar. They both have just about EVERY tale hating them. Seth because their scared of him, since he's a werewolf he's accused of everything bad that happens and Lavender because she's the nut who make them all the way that they are now. Stu
StrangeBedfellows
Within seconds of sitting down to read this book, I knew I had found a new favorite. The Better to See You is a merry romp through fiction and fables, and it's a fresh contribution to the world of paranormal romance.

Kate SeRine's wry and witty voice is an instant grab, catching your attention from the start and never letting up until it's over. Also, quite amusing. Imagine Stephanie Plum coating herself in pixie dust and sitting down to tea with Jane Eyre and the Grimm Brothers. You'll get magic
Talk Supe
Braine's Talk Supe review

Talk Supe interview with Lavender Seelie. I promise you'd want to read this.

If you loved Red, I'm sure you'll fall even harder for this one. I'm biased because I adored Lav from the start but it has little to do with the story. THE BETTER TO SEE YOU is inspired! No detail was spared and that ending was EPIC! It's stuff fairy tales are made out of.

Now I wasn't sold on her pairing with Seth when I found out: a fairy who's a recovering alcoholic and a notorious werewolf? C
Gigi staub
Blurb:

Everyone thinks fairy godmothers can do no wrong. But if not for a certain spell mis-cast by Lavender Seelie, Cinderella’s former fairy godmother, the Tales would not be stuck in the Here and Now. Fortunately for Lavender, she’s about to get a second chance at a happy ending…

The Refuge, a sanctuary for wayward Tales, seems like the perfect plac
Franjessca
Review also posted on Book Lovin' Mamas

"The Better to See You" is the second book in the Transplanted Tales series and it definitely left me wanting even more after reading it.

"The Better to See You" picks up where "Red" left off at, but this time it is about Lavender Seelie, aka The Fairy Godmother, and Seth, aka the Big Bad Wolf.
Lavender is in deep water with Cinderella and her husband, the Prince, James...because she ends up burning down their home. Now Lavender is forced to hide somewhere
Susana
Loved reading this! :) It has the most perfect combination of adventure and romance aka "sexiness" in it!
The only way this could have been better, would have been, if there had been a bigger development of the relationship between the characters. There's this instant connection between them, that i wouldn't have minded if it had taken a little more time to develop. But even so, i was happy with the way it was done. Maybe because, Seth may be a werewolf, but he's not the macho type "werewolf".

I
Iris (Paranormal Cravings)
The Better to See You is already the second book of this amazing new series, Transplanted Tales series written by the fabulous Kate SeRine. It is almost like she has excess to this strange secret world we can't visit and just write down everything, about everything she sees or meets there. Because is hard to believe she is making this up as she writes.

We did a review earlier of her first book of this series, RED. I was impressed then and I thought it was hard to beat the first book but some how
Lynsey   • The Demon Librarian
Quickie Review:

Oh, I do love this world and this writer! I have enjoyed both books tremendously so far in this fun, fun UF/PNR series (I suppose technically it's PNR, but it feels too plot heavy to call it that at times).

I'd say the mystery was possibly slightly more engaging in the first book, but on the flip side, we were treated to a lot more hot sexy times in this one, which was absolutely fine by me since it involved the delicious (especially when he's blushing!) Seth Wolf. His was an ador
Claudia
this was disappointing, I am really close to giving 2,5 stars ... I had high hopes after Red and Nates Novella. I really like the idea of this series but how it was done in this book was not what I expected.
both Lavender and Seth had so much potential .. .

review to come ... maybe
Sheryl
I love this series! It's so clever. I love what the author has chosen to do with some of these characters by putting a twist on their backstories. I really enjoyed this book, although I liked the first book a little bit better (but not enough to affect the star rating). Lavender and Seth are two tormented but strong characters and it was great watching them get their happily ever after. The plot was exciting although a little predictable and the romance felt a little rushed given that this was t ...more
Brianna
When I started this book, I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did Red. However, the romance, characters, and plot of this book really drew me in. And I have to say that this was just as good as Red, and maybe even a bit better.

Lavender was a great heroine. She had a really sad backstory, and I really liked following her since she was the reason the Tales had been transplanted. I really liked Lavender, because she began to really come into her own in this novel. She grew more sure of hers
Melissa Fox
Really, really enjoying this series! The imaginative world, style, characters, mystery, suspense, romance, just all of it. Lavender and Seth's story held all that and more, a little more steam than Red and Nate's story, which was perfect for them. Exactly the connection and feeling I was hoping for with them. A fun sexy romp, highly recommended, and I can't wait for the next adventure in the Transplanted Tales!
Sabina Bundgaard
I am getting addicted to this series, I absolutely love it! I have always loved fairytales, growing up with HC Andersen, the Bothers Grimm and the Nordic mythology here in Denmark, fairytales wasn’t in shortage, and I gobbled them up with enjoyment. Growing older, I still enjoy reading fairytales, so Kate’s Transplanted Tales is a series just up my alley.
So…. Lavender Seelie, the fairy solely responsible for landing all these fairytales in the Here and Now is in trouble. Way over her head actual
Romantic Reads and Such
This series is an irresistible treat for readers who enjoy supernatural suspense romances. - to view the full review, please visit http://romanticreadsandsuch.wordpress...
Waverly
The author advances her world building nicely in the second novel in a paranormal romance series in which fairy tale characters, or Tales, struggle with life in the Here and Now after a rip in the fabric of reality dumped them in the harsh world of Ordinaries (that's us). Some of the Tales that couldn't adapt to modern life live together at the Refuge, a self-run town with some serious problems of its own. Just about the last person they'd want around is the fairy responsible for exiling them fr ...more
Dutu
Hm...I didn't like this one..it was not like the first one...and I don't know if the major part in my dislike was that the action was not as good or just that the idea was no new anymore.

I'm more than sure that I didn't like this one as much because of the action, or lack of it..that the fairy godmother was the strongest from all of the other tales...but she is just so weak when she is paired with a man /shapeshifter/wolf,...she becomes weak and can't do anything...I'm just strong women and all
Julianna
Loved it just as much as the first one! It will be a long wait until August when the next one comes out!
Marcela (BookaholicCat)
Loooooved it! Review to come.
Cocktails and Books
"Seth aka the Big Bad Wolf hasn’t had it easy since the day he was cursed. Now he gets the job of looking after what, a fairy, the same kind of Tale that made him what he is. At first anger is the only thing he can feel toward Lavender but as the days go on his heart begins to feel something completely different. Now he is facing hell hounds, deadly wounds, and magic far beyond his understanding while trying to keep the women he loves out of danger. The problem, he has secrets of his own and the ...more
Steph McVicker
In trying to explain the first book in the series along with this one to my hubby, he gave me a blank stare & cracked up laughing. So I'm forcing him to read it. This is not my typical genre, but damn if this isn't one of the best series I've read in a long time! I adored Red and couldn't wait for Seth Wolf's story, but it took me awhile to get to it. Once I did, I have been entranced from page 1.

The way Ms Serine has created this dark world filled with angry "Tales" was brilliant. Finding
W. Monisa  Smith
I continue to enjoy this series. I agree with some of the other reviewers that this book is more focused on romance than urban fantasy, but it's still a very fun read. The actual conflict/action of the story still managed to keep me on the edge of my seat. I found myself reading well into the night to see what would happen next.

Like the first book, this one is told first person, but this time from the point of view of Lavender, the "fairy godmother" whose magical screw-up was what got the Tales
  • Silent Warrior (Dragon Kings, #0.5)
  • Soul Survivor (Soul Stripper, #2)
  • A Little Bit Wicked (Forbidden Love, #1)
  • The Cat's Meow (Witch's Brew, #1)
  • A Dream of Stone & Shadow (Dirk & Steele, #4)
  • Forsaken (Ancients of Light, #2)
  • The Peculiar Pets of Miss Pleasance (Blud, #1.6)
  • The Chosen (The Legend Chronicles, #3)
  • I've Got My Duke to Keep Me Warm (The Lords of Worth, #1)
  • A Sinful Deception (Breconridge Brothers, #2)
  • Frosted
  • The Governess Club: Sara (The Governess Club, #3)
  • Impulse Control
  • Hot Blooded (Jessica McClain, #2)
  • Dark Days (Black London, #6)
  • Betting on Fate (Serve, #4)
  • Steal the Sun (Thieves, #4)
  • Hearts of Shadow (Deadglass, #2)
Kate SeRine (pronounced “serene”) is a hopeless romantic who firmly believes in true love that lasts forever. So it's no surprise that when she began writing her own stories, Kate vowed her characters would always have a happily ever after. She's the author of the award-winning TRANSPLANTED TALES series and will be releasing the TEMPLAR LEGACY series with Kensington and the PROTECT AND SERVE serie ...more
More about Kate SeRine...

Transplanted Tales (4 books)
  • Red (Transplanted Tales, #1)
  • Along Came a Spider (Transplanted Tales, #3)
  • Ever After (Transplanted Tales #4)
Red (Transplanted Tales, #1) Along Came a Spider (Transplanted Tales, #3) Grimm Consequences (Transplanted Tales, #1.5) Ever After (Transplanted Tales #4) Taken (Protect and Serve #1)