Nothing Personal

Nothing Personal

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  4 reviews
If you had any kind of a life at all, you wouldn't be hanging out in your laundry room at nearly ten on Friday night-alone.For Carla, her mother's voice inside her head rings a little too true. The reason she's dateless yet again can be summed up in two words-Leo Spencer. But he's off limits. Not only is he ten years younger-just out of college, for crying out loud-he's al...more
Published January 1st 2007 by Ellora's Cave (first published August 11th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Nothing Personal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nothing Personal

Nisha
This is such a cute story. Leo, 25, is absolutely wonderful and patient and younger. He's liked the heroine, Carla since he was 7. Its just so perfect. Carla, 35, is less likable since she seemed too cowardly to make their relationship work. Supposedly she had good reason in thinking that they were too different, but if I was in her place, I wouldn't be thinking that way at all.

I wish there was more family interactions and acceptance, but the father walking in on them during their passionate kis...more
Adrianna
Jul 18, 2011 Adrianna rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone.
Recommended to Adrianna by: Borders, Eureka, CA
Shelves: in-eureka, romance
I didn't expect much from a book that cost me $0.99 at Borders; it was on the clearance rack. I was correct in my skepticism. Nothing Personal contained a rather tepid romance with multiple editing errors, which I'm surprised at since I've read other titles from Cerridwen Press that don't contain such mundane errors. Plus, they've often been better stories. Maybe I just got a bad printing or noticed glaring errors that other readers glossed over.

The setting wasn't really important, and to be hon...more
Audrey
This would have been a solid 3 star "I liked it" read if the h, Carla, hadn't gotten on my nerves so much. She's insanely insecure and headtrippy, and when a LOT of the story is spent in the characters' heads, analyzing and ruminating and obsessing over everything, insecure and headtrippy is NOT a good thing. There was way too much time spent hearing what they each thought and not enough time showing their interactions and doings. Even the older woman-younger man trope (a favorite of mine) and t...more
Diah Didi
I loved it!
I didn't know why I bother to pick it up.
But then I got curious merely because the hero name was Leo (one of my favorite hero name and I love Leo Hathaway sooooo much (from Hathaway Series - Lisa Kleypas). :))

Anyway, I really don't mind having a younger man, since I experienced it before. But especially after reading Suddenly You by Lisa Kleypas, I didn't mind 5 years also.
But 10 years???
I doubted it. At least until I finished reading this one. And I love Leo even more. He's so a...more
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
Pramod Sahoo
Pramod Sahoo marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
Ryan Barbato
Ryan Barbato marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2013
texasmoocow
texasmoocow marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2013
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2013
Maricar
Maricar marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2013
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2013
B
B is currently reading it
Sep 10, 2013
Elisa Adams
Elisa Adams marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2013
Niki
Niki marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2013
Joletta
Joletta marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2013
Bee
Bee marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2013
Misty
Misty added it
Jan 23, 2013
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2013
♥ The Book Snob ♥
♥ The Book Snob ♥ marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2012
Valentine
Valentine marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2012
Rhonda
Rhonda marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2012
Mena
Mena added it
Jul 01, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
19822
Born in Gloucester, Massachusetts, Elisa Adams has lived most of her life on the east coast.

Formerly a nursing assistant and phlebotomist, writing has been a longtime hobby. Now a full time writer, she lives on the New Hampshire border with her husband and three children.
More about Elisa Adams...
Midnight (Dark Promises, #1) Demonic Obsession (Dark Promises, #2) For Your Pleasure Dirty Pictures Shift of Fate (Dark Promises, #3)