Start by marking “Storyline: Finding Your Subplot in God's Story” as Want to Read:
Storyline: Finding Your Subplot in God's Story

Storyline: Finding Your Subplot in God's Story

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  279 ratings  ·  14 reviews
After you purchase Storyline: Finding Your Subplot in God's Story, e-mail your Amazon receipt to and you'll receive a link to download the audio version for free.

Storyline 2.0 is a book, an audio book and cloud-based software. To learn more, watch this video ...

When you complete the Storyline process, you'll have a life pla
Paperback, First, 92 pages
Published September 2012 by Donald Miller Words, LLC (2012)

To ask other readers questions about Storyline, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Storyline

The Storyline process is a life-plan-help that is rooted in story, with plentiful paradigm-shifting opportunities along the way.

I've been thinking about the Bible and story for several years now, and this simply focused many things I've come to believe toward worthwhile action.

I don't think everyone will respond as favorably as I did, but I think anyone who is willing to take to process seriously is sure to have at least a few epiphanies.

4.5 stars and sincere gratitude for injecting l
Melissa Baldwin
Rocked my world. Inspired and changed me. Made me determined to live a story worth telling. Lead us to our next son ( and we thought we were done!), a little boy in China who has multiple and severe heart defects.
I feel like this book was written for people who are not very self-reflective or who need direction in helping them be more self-reflective. The book offered very little to me that I have not already figured out in my life, simply by living it and being self-reflective about my experiences. I feel like the book is far too expensive for what it is. Essentially, it is a workbook. So, at 100 pages and huge Arial font, a good number of these are just lines for you write things. I suppose maintenance ...more
More of a 'workbook' or even a 'system' (complete w/ website for setting and monitoring progress), you get as much as you put into it.

Also, the book is just really the start of it all - it guides you thru identifying your roles, ambitions, incidents, conflicts and ultimately your climactic scene for your story.

It cd be pretty easy to just phone it in, but I think if you do it well, it can really make a big difference in your life.

Storyline Finding Your Subplot in God's Story: Donald Miller - I love anything Don Miller writes. This is a great work book style read. If you've not read or listened to any of Don's work with writing the story of your life - this is worth it. I really enjoyed it.
Tim Crabtree
Would wholeheartedly recommend this to anyone who wants to think about where their life has been and where it's going. Best done with others for feedback and to stimulate further thinking.
Matt Sickle
I just can't get into Miller's paradigm of "life as narrative." His memoirs are all so much richer.
so far, this book is rocking my world. when you purchase this book from amazon, you are offered a free audio book version. normally, i don't like audio books. but this one, wow, this one is powerful. so far, i listen to the section again, immediately after finishing it. it's deep and meaty, but simple and true. and i feel like i have already seen myself transforming since listening to it. i'm only on section four. . .and already i want to recommend it to everyone.
haven't completed the timeline or really gotten into the online tools yet, but excited to get after it. i have a feeling my rating might be five stars after i really participate with this book.
Love the idea behind the book, and completely agree with the psychology: based on Viktor Frankls logotherapy. Give your life greater meaning and that brings more joy than anything else ever could. is great. Definitely would recommend this book to anyone.
Joe Iovino
Dec 05, 2012 Joe Iovino rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone
This is not what I expected, but it was fantastic! Miller has captured well a wonderful way of looking at our lives and beginning to plan to live better stories. I found this very helpful.
More of a workbook than a book, Storyline provides a useful tool for living a great story. I like the focus on narrative rather than rules or checklists.
Cari Kaufman
Awesome! Awesome! Such a great process to walk through...I am glad I started my year off with this one!
Rafa Gonzalez

Sandra Archer
Sandra Archer marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2015
Heather Stiles
Heather Stiles marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2015
Annalize marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2015
Justine marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2015
Lauren Alexander
Lauren Alexander marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2015
JoLee marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2015
Anna marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2015
Maria marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2015
Melissa Leatherman
Melissa Leatherman marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2015
Hannah Faith
Hannah Faith marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2015
Pooja Utreja
Pooja Utreja marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2015
Tom marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2015
  • Body Piercing Saved My Life: Inside the Phenomenon of Christian Rock
  • The Business of Belief: How the World's Best Marketers, Designers, Salespeople, Coaches, Fundraisers, Educators, Entrepreneurs and Other Leaders Get Us to Believe
  • The Gods Aren't Angry
  • Gracenomics: Unleash the Power of Second Chance Living
  • You Already Know How to Be Great: A Simple Way to Remove Interference and Unlock Your Greatest Potential
  • Power Listening: Mastering the Most Critical Business Skill of All
  • Moment Maker: You Can Live Your Life or It Will Live You
  • Game-Changer: Game Theory and the Art of Transforming Strategic Situations
  • Executive Toughness: The Mental-Training Program to Increase Your Leadership Performance
  • Chazown: khaw-ZONE - A Different Way to See Your Life
  • Teamwork 101: What Every Leader Needs to Know
  • It's Not Just Who You Know: Transform Your Life (and Your Organization) by Turning Colleagues and Contacts into Lasting, Genuine Relationships
  • Icons and Idiots: Straight Talk on Leadership
  • Savor: Living Abundantly Where You Are, as You Are
  • Appreciative Inquiry: A Positive Revolution in Change
  • Leaders Open Doors: A Radically Simple Leadership Approach to Lift People, Profits, and Performance
  • Leading the Starbucks Way: 5 Principles for Connecting with Your Customers, Your Products and Your People
  • Good News for Anxious Christians: Ten Practical Things You Don't Have to Do

Donald Miller grew up in Houston, Texas. Leaving home at the age of twenty-one, he traveled across the country until he ran out of money in Portland, Oregon, where he lives today.

Harvest House Publishers released his first book, Prayer and the Art of Volkswagen Maintenance, in 2000. Two years later, after havin
More about Donald Miller...
Blue Like Jazz: Nonreligious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality A Million Miles in a Thousand Years: What I Learned While Editing My Life Searching for God Knows What Through Painted Deserts: Light, God, and Beauty on the Open Road Scary Close: Dropping the Act and Finding True Intimacy