Start by marking “NASB Thinline Bible” as Want to Read:
NASB Thinline Bible

NASB Thinline Bible

4.47 of 5 stars 4.47  ·  rating details  ·  4,093 ratings  ·  276 reviews
This is an attractively bound, thin (measures only 3/4 ), easy-to-carry NASB text Bible in a double-column format. Included are a full-color presentation page, an NASB concordance, and Promises and Perspectives From the Bible. "
Leather Bound, 1072 pages
Published February 18th 2002 by Zondervan Publishing Company (first published 1960)

To ask other readers questions about NASB Thinline Bible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about NASB Thinline Bible

Raleighhunter
Mar 16, 2011 Raleighhunter rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Raleighhunter by: My partents
This is the only book I've read through cover to cover more than twice. It is the only book I read every day. There isn't enough room to tell what I've learned from it.

Here is a list of my favorites from The Bible:
Favorite Major Prophet (in terms of documents written) - Daniel
Favorite Minor Prophet - Zechariah
Favorite King -
Eviliv3
this is by far one of the best fiction books i have read... props to the author if anyone knows who it is...
Mike (the Paladin)
This is probably still my favorite translation of the Bible it was the first one I read through, cover to cover from front to back that is. Most of the mistranslations of the original KJV have been corrected while the flavor and poetry of the 1611 language are still there. (though sadly there are a couple of places where the "Authorized King James" got it right and the NKJ mistranslated) This is an attempted word for word translation much like the RSV and ASV (also New Revised Standard and New A ...more
Dan

Holy Bible: The tale of two gods.

I have always been a fan of Old Testament god. He is the kind of fellow you can believe in. . . or else. Philistine's move into your neighborhood? Don't worry, the big guy has your back. He'll send his favorite son David to cut off two hundred of their foreskins and present them to the then king in exchange for stealing his wife. If that doesn't motivate you to convert to the bible's deity of choice, I don't know what will.

The methods of retribution are creativ
INTRODUCTION

In a season of inspiration, I read the Bible (“New International Version”) cover-to-cover, just a little bit each day, over the course of almost two years when I was 19-20. I don’t recommend reading any book this way, especially one with as many characters and story lines as the Bible. In truth, I’m still not sure how much I got out of it, but like the very last straggler crossing the finish line in a marathon, I’ll claim my “read” status, even if it should bear some sort of asterisk
Matt Conti
It took me about a year but this was by far the best book I have read and will ever read it has every kind of story in it you could look for, true stories, figurative stories fantacies very very good. I recomend all to read at least LEAST once in there life time there is a reason it is called the best story ever told.
Nickwill2001
I learned about my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Also, the source of life, the result of the fall, the redemptive love of God, how to live, how to love, how to die, what happens afterward, and the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit.
Rita
Yes, I know, I'm surely going to hell for giving the Bible only 4 stars. But some of it is really hard to get through.

And, this is the one I was presented with when I was confirmed Catholic.

Yes, I've actually read all three. And studied them through various theological courses.
Joshua
I can really say that it's the only "must read" out there. If you don't have one, get one!
Tracey
Mar 27, 2011 Tracey rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Tracey by: Bible Design Blog
Seriously, the Bible is my favorite book. It's got a little of everything in it that I love (history, science, mystery, Mystery, love, romance, explosions and fire, wisdom, prophecy, darkness, poetry, unanswered questions, self-help, tragedy, beauty...)

I hate that the author is "Anonymous"; I call him God.

THIS particular Bible, I'm reviewing both the translation (NASB) and the publisher (Cambridge). I love the Old English of other translations (Douay Rheims, KJV, ESV), but the New American Stand
Charles
most literal and accurate. this is my bible of choice. stitched and genuine not bonded leather. i use it daily and it needs to be tough. ESV and NKJV are also very good. I read the King James in its original translation and it was not nearly as hard to read as most people protest from my view but i see no value over the NKJV as it is a lot more readable and just as accurate unless your dealing with the "king james only" club. whats the best bible to read? the one you actually will. if that’s the ...more
Dash_zero
Dina (ReviewTime)
About the binding & cover
The cover of this Compact Bible is made from Leathertex, an artificial leather which is soft to the touch. This Leathertex edition has a very nice smooth feel, which my husband really likes the feel of. Artificial leather should prove to be close in durability to bonded leather, although they haven't been on the market long enough to know for sure.
Trim Size: 4 1/16 x 6 3/16 x 3/4

What's inside?
This Bible is black letter edition. The text size is 6.8 type, which is goo
Sorry, fellow Christians. I do believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly, but there are some bits that I think don't match that description, and I'm holding it accountable!!! Yay for the footnotes and JST! But after teaching from the New Testament to 14 year olds this year, I'm going to confess that I am not completely fond of Paul's writings. His dissertation on Charity is beautiful. But not all of his writing is that quote-able, or even very discern-able, whi ...more
Rachel Anne
Did you know most (if not all) serial killers come from religious families?
Also, that this book consists of incest, bestiality, sexism, racism, and polygamy?
Then goes and says "love one another"?
This book repeatedly contradicts itself to the point of it being comical and repeatedly insults the intelligence of the reader. The characters were shoddy, I couldn't follow the plot, and the man character was so far-fetched I couldn't believe a word of it.
Considering this was written over 100 years aft
Scott
The fact that this book is very high up on the "Most Disturbing Book" list is itself kinda fascinating. I haven't read it, but I will give it at least one star for goading me into writing this lousy review.
Kaylynn Johnsen
I finished the Old Testament. Yep, every page. At first it was slow going but as I prayed for understanding it became like a feast to me.

Points of interest:
A lot of the beginning is repeated, Kings and Chronicles are the just about the same books. I guess they didn't know about plagiarism by then.

It is out of order, the books and the chapters in the books are sometimes out of order which can be confusing.

When the Kingdoms separate you end up with parallel histories.

Prophets are men, with flaws,
Larissa Fauber

The Holy Bible is the love letter from God to us. He used several people to write the Bible in order to show His love for all His creation. And it is with honour that I finished reading this love letter for the third time and I would also like to encourage you to do the same.

"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth"
This is Genesis 1:1.
God has started His creation. He created everything that your eyes can and cannot see. He also created the man and the woman, Adam and Eve. And He
Eissenn Downey jr.
The fantasy book that has the most active, and arguably hardcore, fan base. EVER. You now when nerds fight over which is better; Star Wars or Star Trek? Think that's pretty intense? Well, that holds no candle to this bad mother right here! List the most brutal, gory, most transgressive fiction you have ever read and this book makes that look like a nursery book.

This book has murder, incest, talking snakes, demons, angels, monsters. All the crazy shit you'd want in a crazy book. This has it all.
Tyrell Warner
Good writing, terrible plot and message.
ArEzO.... Es

مكاشفه يوحنا
انجيل يوحنا
توضي
Autum
I received the Jesus Calling devotional bible with general editor Sarah Young a while ago. This was an excellent devotional bible, in appearance and in the readings. The cover is beautifully designed with a photo of a hand that seems to beckon the reader to come closer to our Lord. I must say that this is a bible that I will cherish and continue to use in my walk with the Lord. I was drawn in to the readings and prayers almost instantly. I like that Sarah Young’s devotional readings are more lik ...more
Matthew

No matter what your background or worldview, this book is a must read. It is easily the most studied/challenged book ever written, not to mention the one that has had the biggest impact on world history. It tells the story of God's relationship to humankind, how the first humans chose to turn their backs on God so He designed a way to restore the relationship back to what it was meant to be. As a section in John explains, "For God so loved the world that He sent His only Son (Jesus), that whoev
Ben Moore
I don't understand much of what's written in this book...particularly the first half. In spite of that...this has been an interesting and even life changing read. It's a great deal like Tolstoy's War & Peace in that there are large sections of it that I'm tempted to skip over...but I keep getting rewarded as I plow through it. I find Jesus to be a most remarkable man and have come to believe in him as God. He surprised me with his kindness and willingness to sacrifice in the face a people wh ...more
J.D. White
2 Timothy 3:16-17
All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
Ayanna
I wasn't going to review the Bible. I wasn't ever going to review the Bible. For one thing, it's a very politically charged move to make. For another, I've probably only technically read maybe less than 10% of the whole thing. A few verses here and there and the entire book of Esther does not a comprehensive reading make.

But today, someone approached me to tell me the message of God the Mother, whose evidence of existence is in the fact that God refers to "us" in Genesis, creating God in "our" i
Hannah
I can't believe I finally finished! I've been reading through since last year along with my seminary class. Last year I read the old testament, and I finally finished the new testament!Simply knowing all of the bible stories is good, but it strengthened my faith so much to really read through them and study them. I feel like I know the Savior and all of the ancient prophets a lot better now.
Chef-andy
This is the LDS QUAD. The holy Bible (Old and New Testaments), Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and Pearl of Great Price.

One must keep their mind open, and reading helps to expand mind. I have many friends who are LDS, and they gave me the LDS Quad Scriptures.
Monk
Five stars to the Bible. There's a shocker. Even if I weren't sincere, which I am, what kind of moron would pan the Bible? Like I really need to be struck by lightning because of a goodreads review.
SusanwithaGoodBook
This is my favorite Bible because it has wide margins for notes and lots of blanks to fill in as you study. It also doesn't have a lot of man's commentary, so the Word can speak for Himself. I love it!
well then 6 34 Apr 24, 2014 10:51AM
salam rofaqa 1 4 Aug 12, 2007 03:42PM
  • Children's Songbook
  • The LDS Scriptures: Unabridged Complete King James Version Holy Bible /The Book of Mormon / Doctrine and Covenants / The Pearl of Great Price
  • Strong's Exhaustive Concordance to the Bible: Updated Version
  • Our Latter-Day Hymns: The Stories and the Messages
  • Why Pro-Life?: Caring for the Unborn and Their Mothers (Today's Critical Concerns)
Books can be attributed to "Anonymous" for several reasons:

* They are officially published under that name
* They are traditional stories not attributed to a specific author
* They are religious texts not generally attributed to a specific author

Books whose authorship is merely uncertain should be attributed to Unknown.
More about Anonymous...
Holy Bible: King James Version The Arabian Nights: Tales from a Thousand and One Nights The Epic of Gilgamesh Holy Bible: New International Version Life Application Study Bible: NIV

“And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.” 198 likes
“Enjoy life with the woman whom you love all the days of your fleeting life which He has given to you under the sun; for this is your reward"...
Ecclesiastes 9:9 (NASB)”