New Beginnings (Changes, #2)

New Beginnings (Changes #2)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  5 reviews
In the small village of Holmsford, residents old and new gear up for the Christmas celebrations, but not everything goes to plan. Secrets and sleigh rides, new love and heartache, all get mixed up in the festive pot.

In the McTavish household, Maggie is certain Iain is still hiding something. Her son, James, is now settled, but what of their tempestuous daughter, Chloe?

Chlo...more
ebook
Published August 31st 2012 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about New Beginnings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about New Beginnings

Eileen Granfors
Jay Howard's book 2 of her series on the McTavishes is a strong second book. Maggie, whose warm and open heart, tries to help everyone she can in her little village. The problems keep coming, which is good, because conflict drives any story.

Howard is especially adept at giving characters quirks to keep them individuals. Also, her love for animals is abundant. The dogs and horses are characters in themselves.

While this is a genre I rarely read, I will be looking back to Howard's first book and fo...more
Mona Karel
I was given the opportunity to review either this book or the first in the Changes series and chose New Beginnings for two reasons. One, I wanted to know if the book stood on its own or needed to be read along with "Never Too Late" and two, New Beginnings had no reviews of its own.
There is so much to like here, with interesting characters and a charming English village, or at least I think it's charming. There is very little in the way of description. So I had no real idea if the streets were pa...more
Ali Isaac
The McTavishes are back!

Christmas is coming, and the inhabitants of the small community of Holmsford are in full swing. Caught up in the rush of festive preparations, Maggie is struggling to come to terms with the aftermath of her husband’s infidelity, his car crash, and his long convalescence.

It is Chloe, Maggie’s beautiful and headstrong daughter who takes centre stage on this occasion, however. Desperate to find love and make a success of her new interior design business, Chloe does not care...more
Lauren
Note: I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

I liked the overall story; it was very convincing in the outcome and telling. The interactions between the characters is thought-provoking to read and fascinating to follow. I did find the description to be lacking in parts mainly concerning the towns and in others like the horses there was an abundance of explanation. It is an enjoyable follow up to her first novel.

Also on http://lrjohnson13.blogspot.com/2012/...
Bluejay44
I read this book in one sitting, almost. Started reading in bed, till I fell asleep, woke a few hours later and reached for my kindle.
Loved the addition of Mitzi and stopped reading open mouthed at Ian's way of dealing with her and his point of view concerning the house.
Chloe continues to show how much she has inherited from her father,and is as impetuous as ever.
Nice balance of familiar characters and new ones in this sequel.

LOL, like Oliver Twist, I am still wanting more.
Anne Lorraine
Anne Lorraine marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Leigh
Leigh marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
G.J. Griffiths
G.J. Griffiths marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Dax Christopher
Dax Christopher marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2013
Fatimah
Fatimah marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2012
Karma♥Bites ^.~
Karma♥Bites ^.~ marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Anne Carlisle
Anne Carlisle marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2012
Writing is a mixture of OCD and schizophrenia. Each time I finish a novel or short story I wonder why I put myself through so much hard work and frustration. But you know what they say about forgetting the pain of birth once you have the joy of holding your baby… I know full well that the characters in my head will insist I carry on. I hear their conversations, they drive me back to the keyboard....more
More about Jay Howard...
Of Words and Water: 2013 Never Too Late (Changes, #1) As The Sun Goes Down Of Words and Water: 2014 Similar Differences