Start by marking “Aishiteruze Baby, Volume 01” as Want to Read:
Aishiteruze Baby, Volume 01

Aishiteruze Baby, Volume 01 (Aishiteruze Baby #1)

3.98  ·  Rating Details ·  3,954 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
Aishiteruze Baby is a shojo series that revolves around the life of Kippei Katakura, a popular high-school playboy who suddenly finds himself the surrogate parent of his 5-year-old cousin, Yuzuyu Sakashita, when her mother disappears.

Kippei has a lot to figure out, like what to make for Yuzuyu's lunch and how to drop her off at kindergarten while still getting to high scho
Published April 4th 2006 by VIZ Media LLC (first published November 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Aishiteruze Baby, Volume 01, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aishiteruze Baby, Volume 01

Radwa
Jan 13, 2016 Radwa rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
This has to be the cutest manga I've read so far. I think most of the stars I'm giving this are because f the drawing style, which makes baby Yuzu, with her big eyes and sweet smile, the cutest manga character I've seen.

This manga revolves around teenager Kippei who is entrusted with his 5-years-old cousin, and he has to take care of her , until the return of her mother who disappeared. A lot of things don't make sense, why would they choose Kippei who's really careless, when he has a younger -m
Sarah ~Sehrenity~
Loved it. The only thing keeping it from being five stars is that I still feel that the characters are a bit shallow. I'm hoping they develop more as the series progresses.
katy
May 11, 2017 katy rated it it was amazing
Zum Glück habe ich diese Manga reihe am ganzen Stück in meiner örtlichen Bücherrei gefunden .Denn sie ist einfach so niedlich :) ich lese gleich den 2. Band ich bin jetzt schon absolute süchtig.
Katie
Mar 03, 2016 Katie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, completed
see full review @ Katie's Corner

This story got totally randomly on my to-read list and has been there for more than 4 months until one night I just started reading it out of blue. I finished it in less then 3 hours and loved it a lot. It has an interesting concept and the ending quite sucked, because it didn’t quite show if Kippei ended up with Kokoro-chan. Though I sure hope it was implied. Because if not, I’m booking a plane ticket to Japan to band on the author’s door to know the truth.

The s
Kristi
Feb 07, 2015 Kristi rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
I began reading this because I liked the summary. A 17-year old ladies man named Kippei is suddenly thrust into taking care of his 5-year old cousin Yuzuyu when her mother suddenly disappears.
Reading the reviews of other people who've recently read this series I was a bit leery to start it because of some of the negative reviews. They were saying things like, 'it's a cute story, but Kippei acts whiney' or something along those lines. Also some only liked the little girl, Yuzuyu.
However, I picke
Nick
Feb 12, 2008 Nick rated it it was ok
Overall Rating: C+
Synopsis: Kippei Katakura is a 17-year-old playboy who spends his time chasing girls, careless of their feelings. But when his 5-year-old cousin Yuzuyu comes to live with his family after her mother's sudden disappearance, Kippei is put in charge of taking care of her.

I wasn't sure what to think when I started reading Aishiteruze Baby ★★ in an issue of Shojo Beat, and I'm still not sure. Kippei, the main character, is a horny 17-year-old (no surprise there), and has no idea how
Oct 15, 2011 Laura rated it really liked it
I think half the reason I liked this book is because Yuzu is so darn cute! I've never felt that a manga character was cute before I saw this little 5-year-old. She has the sweetest face and she does the sweetest things...

*ah-hem* Anyway... now that gushing is out of the way.

When I picked this book up, I thought that I wouldn't like it. From the cover everything screams, "Stupid fangirl book! Only cutesy stuff inside! Real readers stay away!" Well, it actually kind of is like that. If someone des
Elfdart
Jul 13, 2010 Elfdart rated it it was amazing
this manga’s pretty cute. it’s about this high school boy who has to take care of his 5 year old cousin who was temporarily abandoned by her mother. kippei starts out as a playboy of sorts with no responsibilities and when forced to be the replacement mother for this little girl he slowly grows more responsible. it’s more of a comedy than a drama, though the end it kind of… emotional i guess you could call it, but chances are you’ll end up smiling a few times throughout the series.
kippei’s relat
Kim Dyer
Nov 15, 2015 Kim Dyer rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-comics
What the Hell did I just read?

You remember the phony Seinfeld pilot within the show? The one where a man runs over Jerry and the judge decrees that he has to become Jerry's butler as penance? This is it in manga form.

The story is utterly beyond credibility - the tale of a teenage boy forced to become 'mother' to his five year old niece (because reasons). Characters are shallow and develop far too fast (Kippei accepts his fate almost immediately), the plot is saccharine and everything is just so
Mar 10, 2014 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Buttons
Jan 14, 2016 Buttons rated it really liked it
I watched the anime quite some time ago, and two years ago I watched it again. I really like the anime and I do think there ought to be more anime and manga with children!
The manga is excellent too, but my expectations may have been too high. I liked the plot and I liked the children - I love manga like this with sweet children or animals - but I had to think my rating over. My first thought was three stars, but that would not have been fair. It is an adorable manga and it was my fault for expe
Ruth
Apr 12, 2009 Ruth rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Who would put a flaky teen boy in charge of his recently abandoned cousin? Apparently the Katakura family. While the premise is more than a bit forced (why not Kippei's parents, or even his younger brother that's much more responsible?), the first volume opens the door to a somewhat melodramatic but ultimately sweet tale about learning how to take care of others. Yuzuyu could give you cavities, and Kippei's dense, but it still comes off just enjoyable enough to keep you reading.
Maggie (PeculiarPageLover)
Lauren
Apr 26, 2012 Lauren rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
This manga was cute overall but not really memorable in my opinion. My favorite character was Yuzuyu just because she was so cute and friendly to everyone. Even though I understand the attitude of Kippei and what he is supposed to be portraying I never like him, not even when he was with Yuzuyu. Overall it was a pleasant and nice reading experience. I would check out the anime though because I felt it to be a great deal more entertaining than reading the manga.
❅ (t.c) (hiatus: school)
It's been a few years since I read this ^_^, and ahhh it brings back many memories :') Love the idea (much better then love so life by POV) of a a high schooler boy (especially a play boy !!) taking care of a toddler (his cousin). Light with fluff and mistakes, laughter and a lot of love on the way.
Starbubbles
Jul 06, 2011 Starbubbles rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
This was really cute, but I'm not quite sure how to feel about Kippei, or as I read it 99% of the time, Kippy. Yuzuyu is really cute, it's not often you have a main character be less than 10 in manga. While I like it, I'm not going to be stalking this too hard at the library (like I am for too many other series).
Krul Tepes
May 24, 2013 Krul Tepes rated it it was amazing
This series is so cute! Yuzuyu is my favorite character! She is so strong for such a little kid who had her mother abandon her! The poor thing! But it is also really funny with Kippei because of the times he had to make sure Yuzuyu doesn't cry. Seriously, leave a preschooler with a high school playboy and it is weird! But this series is awesome anyways!
Gabrielle
Mar 30, 2012 Gabrielle rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
A cute little slice-of-life manga that makes for some pleasant light-reading. It's nothing revolutionary and the art is the poster child for the "Eyes consume half of the face" style, but if you can get over some seriously bad anatomy, the adorable stories will most certainly cheer you up on a bad day.
Jenten0018
Jul 29, 2013 Jenten0018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It's cute and funny. That girl though was really mean. I would have kicked her ass if I was Kippei

What's the deal with Kippei having to take of Yuzu. Not that I mind. I really think he's learning to be responsible because of it, but his sister was all guns a blazing and stuff saying that all Yuzu had was him.
Kathleen
Jan 07, 2016 Kathleen rated it liked it
A cute, sweet title, like a lighter version of Bunny Drop with a high schooler instead of a salaryman, so a bit less realistic in terms of child-rearing. Some romance manages to sneak in around the edges, but it's mostly a story of a kid trying to raise a younger kid, with minimal family assistance.
Treasure
Jun 26, 2009 Treasure rated it really liked it
What a sweet series! While I have a pretty darn good idea of how it will all end, I appreciate that the story is pretty honest and realistic. Playboy who ends up caring for a young child and then changes how he treats women... what's not to love about that?
C'est Moi ♪
Apr 01, 2008 C'est Moi ♪ rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: definitely not peggy, that's for sure :3
Recommended to C'est Moi ♪ by: Sheryl
Shelves: random-manga
Well...
it's about this super weird annoying kinda player guy named Kippei...and one day, he comes home to find that his 5-year-old cousin, Yuzuyu, has been abandoned by her mom. So he takes care of her and everything and later on becomes more repsonsible and less obnoxious...
Really cute :] haha
Ashley Kempkes
Jul 30, 2012 Ashley Kempkes rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: manga
Shelves: manga
I liked it overall, but I wasn't especially impressed either. Nothing much happened. It's just about a playboy's life when he gets stuck with a five year old child. Whenever the story is focusing on her, it's interesting, but when concentrated on him, it's cliche and boring.
Jean
Nov 06, 2012 Jean added it
loved it
Crona Shirayuki
Sep 09, 2014 Crona Shirayuki rated it it was amazing
Just to die for simply to die for :) <3 I loved this book soooo much !!
Anita
This manga series is great and a real tear jerkier!!
Melanie Gin
Sep 10, 2014 Melanie Gin rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Review for the whole series
R Moriarty
Aug 12, 2013 R Moriarty rated it liked it
Shelves: childhood
First manga I ever really read, next to Death Note....Nice nostalgia
Victoria
Jun 08, 2012 Victoria rated it really liked it
Adorable Adorable Adorable!!!! I once saw the majority of this as an anime, but still adore it as a manga. <3
Jessica
Jun 25, 2012 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Another favorite manga cutesy series for me. An popular irresponsible high school playboy gets to become a parent to his 5 year old cousin. Adorable adventures ensues. A fantastic series!
  • Beauty Pop, Vol. 2 (Beauty Pop, #2)
  • Monkey High!, Vol. 1
  • Crimson Hero, Vol. 1 (Crimson Hero, # 1)
  • Yurara, Vol. 1
  • Mixed Vegetables, Vol. 1 (Mixed Vegetables, #1)
  • B.O.D.Y., Volume 1
  • Fall in Love Like a Comic! Vol. 1
  • Land of the Blindfolded, Vol. 1
  • Backstage Prince, Vol. 1 (Backstage Prince, #1)
  • Girl Got Game, Vol. 1 (Girl Got Game, #1)
  • V.B. Rose Volume 1
  • W Juliet, Vol. 1
  • Tenshi Ja Nai!! (I'm No Angel), Vol. 1 (Tenshi Ja Nai, #1)
  • Honey Hunt, Vol. 1
  • Cherry Juice, Vol. 01
  • Happy Hustle High, Vol. 1
  • Kiss/Hug, Vol. 01
  • Special A, Vol. 02 (Special A, #2)
Maki-sensei speaks of herself in the third person. Has a mangaka sister, Mochida Aki.

Pet: Leo, dog
Height: 164.5 cmv
More about Yōko Maki...

Aishiteruze Baby (7 books)
  • Aishiteruze Baby, Volume 02