Start by marking “Tragedy of the Virgin Bride” as Want to Read:
Tragedy of the Virgin Bride
read excerpt

Tragedy of the Virgin Bride

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  15 reviews
After centuries in the extended family, the old manor — once a castle — looks like it is to finally pass from the family line. For Josephine, this is just the latest tragedy she has had to face and, from her point of view, there is nothing but heartbreak in her future.

All it not as it seems — leaving Josephine struggling with the massive upheaval to her normal routine. Amo
Published August 31st 2012 by Xavier Edwards

To ask other readers questions about Tragedy of the Virgin Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tragedy of the Virgin Bride

Bared to You by Sylvia DayThe Riding School by C.P. MandaraBound by Lucy PireelGabriella by Alan  HardyThe Happy Spinster by Karena Marie
Books to read instead of 50 Shades
135th out of 424 books — 541 voters
Colters' Woman by Maya BanksTheir Virgin Captive by Shayla BlackColters' Lady by Maya BanksTheir Virgin's Secret by Shayla BlackBound by the Buccaneer by Normandie Alleman
Best Menage à Quatre Books
111th out of 211 books — 274 voters

More lists with this book...

Michelle ♣ Ndayeni
A sweet story of a love that was thwarted in the past, and the trials (at least some of them) that the ill-fated lovers have endured in spirit form since their death as they have sought a way to be together again. The location and time periods involved are left rather vague, so it's a little hard to form precise mental images of the setting and characters, though the bulk of the narrative does take place essentially in modern time.

Josephine and Robert were unwillingly separated on their wedding
Mistik INK
Historical PNR. TLC Romance. Ghosts.

Im familiar with this Author's work and I picked up this read because he is a good writer. However, the theme was not for me this time.

Beautiful and well written with flowing words, innocent female sexual explorations and just a very lovely read. Very much not what I like in PNR.

The cover is beautiful and sensual with the enhancement of the green eye color perhaps gives it a lively imagery.
The world building was very simple and didn't take long to set up
Jen
I like all of Xavier's books as he has a way of describing a scene that puts you right there. In this case I loved how he had described the estate where Josehpine (the heroine) was sitting. Right away I was sucked into the story and it held me in its grips until the end. Although this story held tragedy for Josephine and Robert it was so intriguing how they ended up living through Sophie and Micheal.
I found this story to have a neat twist that I haven't read in other stories and I thoroughly en
Isabelle
The tragedy of the Virgin Bride is a historical romance with some paranormal in it.

Josephine is the virgin bride that by horrible events died without consummating her marriage to her Robert. Sophie is a soon-to-be bride starting her new life with her beau, Michael. Past and present fused together and joined these two couples in an incredible tale of love lost, love found.

The book is a fast endearing read. The time set of the story is not explained, but is not needed really for the comprehension
Sofia Grey
This was a good and interesting quick read. I'm a sucker for ghost stories, add in some ancient history - a castle turned chateau and knights in armour - and I was putty in Xavier's hands, so to speak :-)

Nicely told, some good plotting - essential in a short story - and no padding.

My only reason for 4 stars instead of 5 was the language of the modern day couple. I found them to have a slightly old-fashioned turn of speech, which seemed stilted to me. But I'm picky. Apart from that I loved it :-
Lee Anne - OMG! Spring is Finally Here!
The Tragedy of the Virgin Bride tells the tragic story of a couple that were separated on their wedding day. Before they were able to consummate their marriage or really be married, they were killed. Years later they are tied to their deaths and must re-live their tragic deaths, never to touch, never to be together.

This book is a breath of fresh air and takes you down an unexpected path. I was completely enthralled with this story and was sad when it ended!
Ava
A captivating short read that tells the tragic story of Robert and Josephine died at the night of their wedding, just before they could consummate their marriage. People of the town annually memorialize the tragic event, allowing the couple to see each other, but not touch each other, brought more pain until Michael and Sophie comes along.

Tragedy of the Virgin Bride got me magnetized from start to finish.

Donna J
I have read and enjoy a number of books by Xavier, however this one just didn't do it for me.

It is supposedly PNR, but is unlike anything else I have ever read. I was okay with the ghost aspect but found the two bodies four spirits part rather confusing and not erotic at all.

But in typical Xavier style it was well written and the setting nicely set and described.
Sassafrass
full review to come but this was not what I was expecting. I was pleasantly surprised. I've been reading quite of few Xavier Edwards shorts lately and this one had a lot more plot in it. I also liked the paranormal twist, and the ending was very satisfying.

I have to say I'm impressed with this show of versatility in this author.
Charity
A Historical Paranormal read with ghosts, tragedy, and a happy ending. This story is not one of my favorites from Xavier. I found it a bit of a snoozer. Well written, but I just couldn’t get into the story. If you like the idea of lover ghosts finally getting their happy ending than this is for you.
Kimberley
This is a beautifully writen short story slipping between historical and present day setting, erotic but not over the top, very romantic and cleverly worked.
* Booksessed * Bec
Book provided by the author.

I thought it was brilliant. I loved the history brought into it. Very well written short read
Leta Fisher
Very sweet and heartbreaking. A tale of a couple never to have what they wanted so bad, a marriage or even family.
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
✳✳ Copy provided by the author/publisher for an honest review.
Nicola
Nicola marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Brittany
Brittany is currently reading it
Aug 21, 2014
Ezi
Ezi is currently reading it
Jul 18, 2014
Donna
Donna added it
Jul 17, 2014
Alexie Fields
Alexie Fields is currently reading it
Jun 03, 2014
Tammy
Tammy is currently reading it
May 27, 2014
Don
Don marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
WildFlower3D
WildFlower3D marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
Gosia
Gosia marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
Xtine
Xtine is currently reading it
Jan 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Xavier Edwards (it might be his real name, no one is really sure) has spent his life surrounded by women, and writing. Growing up in rural Australia before the age of the Internet and cable television, there was no better refuge than in books. Any and all genres were absorbed as he and his three sisters grew up far from the hectic pace of the big smoke. The wide expanse of open country and natural ...more
More about Xavier Edwards...
A Man for the Season Tied in Knots An Introduction to Sappho Cardio Session A Hero's Return