World of Darkness Second Sight

World of Darkness Second Sight

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  2 reviews

"Ordinary people don't know it, but the world is shrouded in lies. Immerse yourself in them, and you discover that there are lies within lies. There are things in our world, monsters hiding among us, lurking in the shadows, preying upon us. But there also beings who are us and who are not us, people born or "blessed" to move objects with their minds, to read our innermost

Published May 1st 2006 by White Wolf Publishing

To ask other readers questions about World of Darkness Second Sight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about World of Darkness Second Sight

Brian
One of the benefits of the unified approach of the New World of Darkness is that it creates the conceptual space necessary to have unified rules for magicians who aren't Mages, unlike the Old World of Darkness's scattering of sorcerers and benandanti and hedge wizards and whatever else was out there. Second Sight sets out to translate urban legends and popular mythology about magic, psychic powers, and Lovecraftiana into the nWoD context, and I think it does a pretty good job.

The first part of t...more
Colin
Mar 27, 2010 Colin rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: rpgs
One of the best sourcebooks yet released for the World of Darkness game system, this one explores psychic powers, thaumaturgy, and other magical and mystical powers that are unrelated to the Atlantean magic of Mage - what the earlier World of Darkness would have called "hedge magic" or (in even earlier versions "magic as opposed to magick").
Phillip Fey
Phillip Fey marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Jørn Andreassen
Jørn Andreassen marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
Sparky
Sparky added it
Dec 31, 2013
Chloe
Chloe marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Exalted Geist: The Sin-Eaters Exalted Lunars (Exalted) Exalted: Abyssals (Exalted: Second Edition) The Manual of Exalted Power: Dragon-Blooded