Enter Three Witches

Enter Three Witches

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  53 ratings  ·  13 reviews

"One of the most intelligently funny young-adult fantasies to come out in years, Enter Three Witches is the story of Bren, an adolescent New Yorker raised in a household of witches—mother, grandmother, and a housekeeper who practices black magic."- 2/LOCUS May 1991

Erika listened to the rumble of the cauldron being rolled into place and looked out into the black cavern of t

Published January 1st 1992 by Point (first published March 1st 1990)

Sandie
This book was a bit slow to start for me but towards the last few chapters I was pretty into it.
Its about a high school boy and life basically. A meddlesome family, a girl that he likes, a seperation between parents, all the normal stuff that seems to be the norm these days. Except nothing is normal about this particular family as the mom is a witch as is the grandmother and even the woman who rents the downstairs. I think this wonderful witchy twist made this typical story something unique.
I l...more
Courteney Pepper
This book was a very interesting subject, but it did start rather slowly. I connected well with the main character being from a household of Pagans being raised in the Bible Belt, and I understood his reasonings for being secretive and loner-ish very well. It took a couple chapters to really get into it, but once I did I was hooked! One of the books I'm very glad I didn't give up on.
Hilary
I've liked this book since I was much younger. Although, on a re-read the overly descriptive passages were tiresome, the plot still bounced along with young love, embarrassing parents and the troubles of school... all tied to witchery and the supernatural. I'm sure that all the Wiccans out there would be offended as Hell by this book, but as a non-committed reader, I was fine with it. It's a bit vocabulary-rich for a lot of young adults, so be prepared.
Jessica
A re-read. This is one of my all-time favorite teen books, and I finally found a copy for my very own! It's out of print now, but if you can find it a library or locate a used copy, it's worth it. I love the story of young Bren, who lives with three witches (his mother, grandmother, and their tenant), and has just started dating a girl who plays one of the witches in the school production of Macbeth.
Lovely Rita
I was cleaning out bookshelves and found this one. It was Halloween themed sorta, so I reread it. It was a cute book. I liked the main characters though I thought Bren's mother was kind of manipulative. It was well-written, though and a cute book.
Maggie
Margaret
Fun book about a high school student in NYC whose mother is a witch, like a real witch, with frogs and wands and spells. His school puts on a production of Macbeth and he meets this great girl, who plays, you guessed it: a witch.
Gilly
I loved this up until the end, where I had to check to make sure pages hadn't been torn out. But the characters were great, the story was interesting. I just would have loved another chapter to close things out!
Mercurybard
My favorite book in junior high and a perfect Gothic re-read for October. This story, with its subplot of the high school production of MacBeth, is what made me do technical theater in high school.
Roberta
Jan 20, 2008 Roberta added it
Shelves: young-adult
This was just a nice read. I enjoyed the character's alternative lifestyles, and free spirits.
The young adults are portrayed as sensitive, introspective, real people that I could identify with.
Jenn
Read this in the sixth grade. I enjoyed it, but I was in sixth grade. Still, I don't think it was a bad book by any means.
Rachel
LOVED this one. Need to read again. (Lists both yafantasy and yarealistic because I can't freaking decide which one it is.)
Lee Anne
Fun, fun, fun.
 Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2014
Chimen Kouri
Chimen Kouri marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2014
Chloe
Chloe marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2013
Mary Bronson
Mary Bronson marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
What's The Name o...: YA novel about witches and an 8th grade play [s] 4 33 Apr 06, 2014 11:39AM
The Exchange Student Jason and the Bard Of Griffins And Graffiti Remembrance of the Sun Rainbow Over a Dark Canal