Start by marking “Reapers with Issues” as Want to Read:
Reapers with Issues

Reapers with Issues (Reapers with Issues #1)

Death and the other Reapers have a challenge. Earth's population has made soul collection a big problem, and according to Death's figures, it will only get worse. Death is a skilled but reluctant bureaucrat who tries to enlist help before Human souls start backing up.

But since no good deed goes unpunished, Death and the other Horsemen will have to put up with a whole new a
Published August 29th 2012 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Reapers with Issues, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reapers with Issues

Colleen Bratley
Sep 18, 2013 Colleen Bratley rated it really liked it
Pestilence, famine, war, oh my. Creativity, shock, and a questioning what, all rolled into one story.
To say this was a surprise read from her other series, would be an understatement. I have to admit, at first I couldn't wrap my head around it as I first felt shock for the, shall I say audacity, of an author to write some of these things that fly in the face of the religious minded. But if you let the chains on your mind go, you begin to sense the limitlessness of one's abilities to grasp the di
Amy H
Mar 10, 2013 Amy H rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-netgalley
this book was a funnier than I thought! At, first i was a little disappointed at the fact that "grim" the reaper of death does drugs. was about to say that the book wasn't for me, but the author then turned the attention on his job and left the drug use at that. i got this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. i loved this book and will be buying the second one in this series!

this book is about the "OHD" office of human death. got their budget taken over by lucifer to his place
Andie
Mar 13, 2013 Andie rated it it was amazing
Great book!! If religious you might be offended so don't even bother. I enjoyed the humor of it though :)
Yzabel Ginsberg
(Book provided by the author through ARR #610 in the Making Connections group, in exchange for an honest review.)

I'm always up for stories that poke fun about serious themes, and 'death' and 'angels' have always been such themes for me. Reapers With issues deals exactly with those: the heavy celestial bureaucracy, with all the defects the latter term entails, and how figures of terror, the Four Horsemen, must deal with very day-to-day, down-to-earth problems regarding death. Their main problem b
Angela Lafave
Apr 30, 2014 Angela Lafave rated it it was amazing
First of all, I think Jesus is my all-time favorite character. He's such a sweet little fruitcake.

Though the book didn't really hook me until page 20, from then on I was pretty much in stitches the whole time. Basically, this book puts Heaven and all of its holy tenants in a corporate-world setting, throwing in money problems, drugs, romances, scandals, and civil disobedience. Additionally, every character in this book besides Jesus has a sick little sense of humor.

There were so many what-the-fu
Amy
May 07, 2013 Amy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: done
*I received this book in exchange for an honest review*

Do not pick up this book if you have no sense of humor.

I loved this book. LOVED it! I laughed the entire way thru it. If you can't laugh at something, you are taking it way too seriously.

Seems that no one, not even death can get away from middle management BS. Grim's budget for OHD, Office of Human Death, has been slashed and his plea for extra Reapers is going to the dogs. God puts Jesus in charge, who has no idea about Reaping souls. Grim
Sharlene
Dec 20, 2012 Sharlene rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, first-reads
I received this book as part of a Goodreads Giveaway.

Before I begin, if you have hangups about death, Jesus or God either let go of them or don't read this book. (I suggest you let go of them and read this.)

This book was EXACTLY what I needed this last month. With a super hectic schedule it was perfect for picking up and reading its short chapters. It spent many a night in the tub with me, where, I might add the accoustics were great for anyone who was within earshot to hear me laughing out lou
Alison
Dec 01, 2012 Alison rated it it was ok
The four horsemen have office problems. I really did not care about any of the characters at all until close to the end when I felt I might understand Grim a little more than the others. Parts of the story were funny, but I felt like I was missing the humor a lot. Guess this one just wasn't for me.

Thanks to the author and Making Connections for the opportunity.

Stephanie Bolen
Mar 15, 2013 Stephanie Bolen rated it really liked it
Very funny. All the characters are interesting more funny than scary. I like the set up for next book, it makes you want to read it.
Hannah
Hannah rated it really liked it
May 01, 2013
Jackie
Jackie rated it it was amazing
Oct 28, 2014
Megan Stephenson
Megan Stephenson rated it really liked it
Oct 03, 2012
Annmarie Fournier
Annmarie Fournier rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2013
Jania
Jania rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2016
Jeff
Jeff rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2016
Gray
Gray rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2016
Kate
Kate rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2015
Grim Reaper
Grim Reaper rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2012
Tansy
Dec 13, 2012 Tansy rated it liked it
Really funny and a great satire on the many elements and Jesus
SEP
SEP rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2013
Tara
Tara rated it did not like it
Oct 17, 2014
H.E. Ellis
Aug 30, 2012 H.E. Ellis added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Cindy Gates
Cindy Gates marked it as to-read
Jordan
Jordan marked it as to-read
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Jef
Jef marked it as to-read
Gus Sanchez
Gus Sanchez marked it as to-read
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Bruce
Bruce marked it as to-read
Rose
Rose marked it as to-read
Jeni
Jeni marked it as to-read
Carlene
Carlene marked it as to-read
Kitty Honeycutt
Kitty Honeycutt marked it as to-read
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Lisa Vazquezanzua
Lisa Vazquezanzua marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Lily Clegg
Lily Clegg marked it as to-read
Lorena
Lorena marked it as to-read
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
R.M. Gilmore
R.M. Gilmore marked it as to-read
Sam
Sam added it
Nov 10, 2016
Melissa ownsbey
Melissa ownsbey marked it as to-read
Daniel
Daniel marked it as to-read
meg
meg marked it as to-read
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Jeff
Jeff marked it as to-read
Isabel
Isabel marked it as to-read
Mei
Mei marked it as to-read
Taylor
Taylor marked it as to-read
Kit
Kit marked it as to-read
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2012
Making Connections: 610. REAPERS WITH ISSUES - Book One by H.E. Ellis 30 128 Apr 22, 2013 05:02AM
  • Evil Outfitters, Ltd.
  • Vortex (Return of the Effra, #1)
  • Certainty
  • Four Corners Dark
  • Orbit Beach
  • Gamers (Gamers, #1)
  • Sophia
  • Brainstorm
  • Devoured (Cold Grove, #1)
  • The Between Times
  • El Corazon Delator Y Otros Cuentos
  • Sherlock Holmes and The Element of Surprise: The Wormwood Scrubs Enigma
  • Leopard Dreaming (Mira Chambers #3)
  • The Gyre Mission: Journey to the *sshole of the World
  • Devil's Run
  • Celebrity Cat Names
  • Standing in Death's Shadow: More True Stories from a Homicide Detective
  • Flashy Fiction and Other Insane Tales
Full-time writer with Chevy Impala obsession seeks readership with an appreciation for the fine art of mocking. Interests include candlelight dinners, long walks on the beach, and Abe Vigoda. Must love New England. Author of ICONIC INTERVIEWS, REAPERS WITH ISSUES and THE GODS OF ASPHALT series.

More about H.E. Ellis...