Start by marking “Fate Lends a Leg” as Want to Read:
Fate Lends a Leg

Fate Lends a Leg

Teenage Olympic running hopeful Calvin Granger arrives in his new town angry about changing schools again and sad about leaving his boyfriend behind. Then he meets skittish cyclist Bill Moilet, and soon strange dreams and thoughts of Bill distract Calvin from his misery… until Calvin breaks his leg and his Olympic ambitions crumble.

Cal’s injury does have one upside: it bri
Published September 1st 2012 by Harmony Ink Press (first published August 30th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Fate Lends a Leg, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fate Lends a Leg

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*

This is Jax Cordoba's debut novel. While it's not exactly perfect, I enjoyed it because it was entertaining and very sweet at times.

It deals with Cal moving to a small town because of his father's military job where he has to go to a new school and meet new friends his junior year of high school. When settling in his new home, he sees his paper boy, Bill, and is instantly smitten. Going to school, he does everything he can to get information on this mysterious cyclist. What he finds is
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.85*
This is a very interesting story, it deals with 'fated' love, in the sense that through dreams and emotions and déjà vu moments Cal and Bill are reincarnated lovers from long ago.
Cal's father is in the army, he moves around a lot, and to say he wasn't thrilled to move to Oklahoma would be an understatement. That is until he sees Bill on his bike delivering papers, he is instantly intrigued and smitten.
This story may be YA but it also deals with a very serious subject, which impacts the stor
Cathy Brockman
Jun 04, 2013 Cathy Brockman rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Cal is new in town and finds the new paperboy fascinating. He also finds him elusive and distant. Fate steps in and he breaks his leg in an effort to ride a bike to impress Bill. Bill has a secret and finds it hard to get close to someone he is attracted too. Ever since he laid eyes on Cal he started having some strange dreams.
I loved this story. It is such a sweet charming love story about two boys with big secrets. I loved the twist of the dreams and fat
Joy
Mar 29, 2013 Joy rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult
Not very well-written. Sort of weird.
Jamie Deacon
Nov 10, 2012 Jamie Deacon rated it liked it
Some things are just meant to be. Sometimes the universe has plans for us, and will help us achieve them if only we are willing to recognize the signs. So it is for the heroes in Jax Cordoba’s quirky debut novel. Seventeen-year-old Cal Granger might be furious at having to switch schools yet again, while eighteen-year-old Bill Moilet has been hurt badly and is wary of placing his trust in a stranger, but still fate seems determined to unite them.

Belonging to a military family, Cal is used to liv
K
Jan 03, 2013 K rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-glbt
Harmonky Ink tweetaway freebie 18.8.13
2.5 stars rounded up

17 year old Cal is an army brat, and yet again he and his family have moved to a new home and school. Before school even starts he spots the paper boy out on his bike and his physically attracted to him, but due to his size thinks he probably isn't even in High School. In school he discovers that not only his the paper boy, Bill, a student there but at 18 is a senior in the year above him. Bill intrigues Cal as he doesn't fall into any pa
Chuck R
Oct 11, 2012 Chuck R rated it liked it
1/20th of the way through and I'm getting rubbed the wrong way by it. I mean, I don't know any teenagers who use über as an synonym for "cool" or people who go around asking random people about a random guy they saw once... It's just weird. I'm going to continue though......

The story was okay, the whole fate thing would have been really cool if it was a little more subtle. I fell in love with the characters. Not sure much else can be said, the ending seemed a little wrong, but whatever. It was g
Janie
Aug 01, 2013 Janie rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
A very powerfully emotional story. I loved the cat and mouse chase they had going with one another. There were also a lot of very powerful characters in this story. I had no clue what the dreams meant and was totally surprised at the beautiful ending.
Kobie
Jan 09, 2015 Kobie rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
I can forgive a couple of clichés, but the POV error when the MCs kiss sent me running. DNF at 41%. Story seemed sweet but wasn't enough to sustain me through the writing.
Birte
Aug 24, 2013 Birte rated it liked it
Overall a nice story, but from this day on never again I want to read or hear the word “buddy“
Amber
no perfect by any means (a little too hea) but good nonetheless.
Raquel
Raquel rated it liked it
Dec 03, 2012
Richard
Richard rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2015
Dallison
Dallison rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2012
Patt
Patt rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2013
Sala Bim
Tyrell Kim
Tyrell Kim rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2013
Sara
Sara rated it liked it
Nov 15, 2012
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2012
Katrina
Katrina rated it it was ok
Feb 02, 2013
Samantha rozyczko
Samantha rozyczko rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2013
Brievon
Brievon rated it it was ok
Apr 06, 2016
Georgia
Georgia rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2016
Lucy Reynolds
Lucy Reynolds rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2013
Lissa
Lissa rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2013
Andrew
Andrew rated it did not like it
May 06, 2013
Ashley
Ashley rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2013
Josh Wolford-hurley
Josh Wolford-hurley rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2014
Cay
Cay rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2012
LostinBooks
LostinBooks rated it liked it
May 17, 2015