Start by marking “Be My Yoko Ono” as Want to Read:
Be My Yoko Ono

Be My Yoko Ono

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Will and Tiger would try anything to save their marriage--even monogamy.

Geek love isn’t always shiny. The more Will escaped into comics and games, the more his wife Tiger turned outward to social, sexual pursuits. Not that she had to turn all that far: Will and Tiger’s lovers Siouxie and Stephen share the House of Cats, the suburban commune the four polyamorous folks call
Published by OddRocket (first published September 12th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Be My Yoko Ono, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Be My Yoko Ono

Aug 28, 2012 Phoebe rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Fellow book lovers, I present to you my first novel, written long before I wrote Whisper and Glimmer. It's different from those two books. It's a geeky adult contemp with funny bits. No paranormal, no chases. But it's still unmistakably me. So if you like my other stories, give this one a whirl. Add it to your Goodreads To-Read list, and let me know what you think. I had a blast writing it and hope you have a blast reading it!
I really liked the characters, but I'm not sure I'm hipster enough for this novel.
Generally I have no interest in polyamory, seeing as how my bed is directly below that of my polyamorous roommate and the unwanted exposure to his lifestyle literally keeps me up some nights. So when Phoebe introduced her novel at the OddRockets launch reception a few weeks ago I groaned and sucked harder on my milkshake. At the synopsis that "a couple realizes that polyamory is just not working so they decide to try out monogamy for a change" I think a bit of milkshake might have squirted out m ...more
Heather RK
This is a true literary gem of a novel. What a keen observer the author is of both the world that surrounds us and our thoughts and feelings! She uses extreme care and sensitivity in painting out Will and Tiger memorably, strong points and weak ones, realistically, like a gifted painter, coloring vividly what sets these heroes apart, what makes them special.

I love Will. He’s complicated, smart, sensitive, needy, giving, a self deprecating philosopher.

Tiger is a powerhouse, a doer. She goes thro
Nov 27, 2012 Abby rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommended to Abby by: Jennifer S. (bookclub)
Shelves: bookclub, ebook
This is self-publishing's version of Seinfeld: a book about nothing, full of unlikeable people, who do terrible things to each other, and yet still hang out.

I hated it.

I think it's supposed to be about Katherine/Tiger and her husband Will and their changing relationship from polyamory to monogamy, but since both characters are so entirely unlikeable, it was hard to care. Tiger's a narcissistic, egomaniac and Will's an immature, insecure pushover. Neither seems to change through the course
If Nick Hornby were to chronicle the adventures of a polyamory guru and her husband in the Bay Area (and out of it), he would probably write something a lot like BE MY YOKO ONO, a smart, deeply funny novel with tremendous heart. Both Tiger and Will Lilly have voices that rang true to me--self-aware and witty--this is a reading experience that embodies the pleasures of a juicy satire with going to dinner or a really fun road trip with close friends. Packing action and purpose even into events as ...more
I wanted to like this so bad.
The poly-couple that are our main characters sounded so damn intriguing, especially Tiger with her awesome punk hair. Also, the title is bomb. However, I was hoping for the couple to slowly fall back in love with each other, which happens, but within a weekend and their lives quickly change after that. While it seems to be interesting, I found myself rolling my eyes and beginning to dislike Tiger and Will.

It's too bad I couldn't enjoy this more, it just wasn't what
Karin Mitchell
I liked the subject matter of this book most and the way the author takes the reader through what could be another break up and instead shows how a relationship could really work. The course of the novel is unexpected while believable and interesting. The characters are complex and grow in complexity throughout the book. My favorite character was a guy named Stephen who was a minor partner the married couple added into their polyamorous relationship.
Cute, fun, and a pitch perfect read of nerd poly culture.
Adilynn S
Adilynn S marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2015
Arctic Fox
Arctic Fox marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2015
Michelle marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015
Janine marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2015
Dyna Portelli
Dyna Portelli marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Jason C. Brand
Jason C. Brand marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Cinna marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
Minoakaokalani Steward
Minoakaokalani Steward marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Madeline Friedman
Madeline Friedman marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
Christie marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Cary Morton
Cary Morton marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Beverly K. C.
Beverly K. C. marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Anna Willis
Anna Willis marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Krissi marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Feodora Vorndran
Feodora Vorndran marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
  • Prince Charming Wanted; Dowry Seekers Kiss Off!
  • Boy Meets Girl, The End
  • Witch Weigh
  • Cipher (Cipher, #1)
  • The Boy Next Door
  • Lost in the Light
  • Delirium (Debt Collector,  #1)
  • Diegeses
  • Practice Cake (Life in Saltwater City, #1)
  • The Theory Of My Wonders
  • Strange Sex
  • From this World
  • Don't Wait For Me
  • I'll Love You Forever
Phoebe Kitanidis is a proud member of Team Cat. She lives in a secret lair, deep inside a blackberry bramble in Seattle, where she's currently weaving a new Urban Fantasy series as well as a New Adult Romance series. Coffee is her second-best friend.
More about Phoebe Kitanidis...
Whisper (Whisper, #1) Glimmer Fab Girls Guide to Friendship Hardship Rescued