Start by marking “Be My Yoko Ono” as Want to Read:
Be My Yoko Ono

Be My Yoko Ono

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Will and Tiger would try anything to save their marriage--even monogamy.

Geek love isn’t always shiny. The more Will escaped into comics and games, the more his wife Tiger turned outward to social, sexual pursuits. Not that she had to turn all that far: Will and Tiger’s lovers Siouxie and Stephen share the House of Cats, the suburban commune the four polyamorous folks call
Paperback
Published by OddRocket (first published September 12th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Be My Yoko Ono, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Be My Yoko Ono

Phoebe
Aug 28, 2012 Phoebe rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Fellow book lovers, I present to you my first novel, written long before I wrote Whisper and Glimmer. It's different from those two books. It's a geeky adult contemp with funny bits. No paranormal, no chases. But it's still unmistakably me. So if you like my other stories, give this one a whirl. Add it to your Goodreads To-Read list, and let me know what you think. I had a blast writing it and hope you have a blast reading it!
Kristen
Generally I have no interest in polyamory, seeing as how my bed is directly below that of my polyamorous roommate and the unwanted exposure to his lifestyle literally keeps me up some nights. So when Phoebe introduced her novel at the OddRockets launch reception a few weeks ago I groaned and sucked harder on my milkshake. At the synopsis that "a couple realizes that polyamory is just not working so they decide to try out monogamy for a change" I think a bit of milkshake might have squirted out m ...more
Heather RK
This is a true literary gem of a novel. What a keen observer the author is of both the world that surrounds us and our thoughts and feelings! She uses extreme care and sensitivity in painting out Will and Tiger memorably, strong points and weak ones, realistically, like a gifted painter, coloring vividly what sets these heroes apart, what makes them special.

I love Will. He’s complicated, smart, sensitive, needy, giving, a self deprecating philosopher.

Tiger is a powerhouse, a doer. She goes thro
Abby
Nov 27, 2012 Abby rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommended to Abby by: Jennifer S. (bookclub)
Shelves: bookclub, ebook
This is self-publishing's version of Seinfeld: a book about nothing, full of unlikeable people, who do terrible things to each other, and yet still hang out.

Ugh.

I hated it.

I think it's supposed to be about Katherine/Tiger and her husband Will and their changing relationship from polyamory to monogamy, but since both characters are so entirely unlikeable, it was hard to care. Tiger's a narcissistic, egomaniac and Will's an immature, insecure pushover. Neither seems to change through the course
Anita
If Nick Hornby were to chronicle the adventures of a polyamory guru and her husband in the Bay Area (and out of it), he would probably write something a lot like BE MY YOKO ONO, a smart, deeply funny novel with tremendous heart. Both Tiger and Will Lilly have voices that rang true to me--self-aware and witty--this is a reading experience that embodies the pleasures of a juicy satire with going to dinner or a really fun road trip with close friends. Packing action and purpose even into events as ...more
Emily
I wanted to like this so bad.
The poly-couple that are our main characters sounded so damn intriguing, especially Tiger with her awesome punk hair. Also, the title is bomb. However, I was hoping for the couple to slowly fall back in love with each other, which happens, but within a weekend and their lives quickly change after that. While it seems to be interesting, I found myself rolling my eyes and beginning to dislike Tiger and Will.

It's too bad I couldn't enjoy this more, it just wasn't what
Christine
I really liked the characters, but I'm not sure I'm hipster enough for this novel.
Caty
Cute, fun, and a pitch perfect read of nerd poly culture.
Karin Mitchell
Karin Mitchell marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Brandi St.Pierre
Brandi St.Pierre marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Jules
Jules marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Evelin Perez
Evelin Perez marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Lexie
Lexie marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Angela Cornett
Angela Cornett marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Pastel Fairy
Pastel Fairy marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Mel Oyerbides
Mel Oyerbides marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Maureen Mckenzie
Maureen Mckenzie marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Betty Macy
Betty Macy marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Connie
Connie marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Darlene
Darlene marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Mallory Heart Reviews
Mallory Heart Reviews marked it as to-read
Hilary
Hilary marked it as to-read
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Natasha Mohanty
Natasha Mohanty marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Beth Rea
Beth Rea marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
dksport03
dksport03 marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
  • Prince Charming Wanted; Dowry Seekers Kiss Off!
  • Girl 99
  • Operation Date Escape
  • Boy Meets Girl, The End
  • Wolf Magic (The Wolf Fey, #3)
  • Here, Have a Husband
  • The League for the Suppression of Celery
  • Blue Straggler
  • Cipher (Cipher, #1)
  • Maybe Baby
  • Witch Weigh
  • Delirium (Debt Collector,  #1)
  • Don't Wait For Me
  • Romancing the Alien (Talking Dog, #1-2)
  • The Boy Next Door
  • Destiny's Chase
  • Soul Thief
  • Candy Houses (Grimm's Circle, #1)
Phoebe Kitanidis is a West Coast writer and a co-founder of OddRocket. She is the author of the young adult novels WHISPER and GLIMMER, published by Harper Collins. She's also the author of BE MY YOKO ONO, a comedy about modern polyamory and geek marriage.

Phoebe grew up in a variety of places, including Athens, Greece; the American Midwest; and the San Francisco Bay Area. After her graduation fro
More about Phoebe Kitanidis...
Whisper (Whisper, #1) Glimmer Fab Girls Guide to Friendship Hardship Discovery Girls Guide To: Friendship Hardship...You Are Not Alone (Discovery Girls Middle School Survival Guides)