Start by marking “Too Many Bosses” as Want to Read:
Too Many Bosses

Too Many Bosses (Hayes Siblings #1)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  6 reviews
According to Laura Hayes, Alec McDonald is "a pompous bigot who considers hankies standard issue for his female employees." But while these are negatives in a boss, Laura doesn't intend to remain his employee for long.

Within twenty-four hours of their first meeting, Laura and Alec are partners. Equal partners. Yet two bosses is one too many for any business--especially whe
ebook, Harlequin SuperRomance #645
Published July 2012 by Harlequin Books (first published May 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Too Many Bosses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Too Many Bosses

Saly
I enjoyed this book, the way it was written was good & I do enjoy a strong female character who can stand up for herself, verbally banter & wield a baseball bat pretty well.

The heroine shocks the hell out of the hero when she calls him out for not noticing her talent, before he knows it they are partners for a year in their firm and she is shaking his world as well as making his son adore her.

The hero really wants her but has no intention of acting on the impulse, he has built his life o
Ridley
I read this mostly because the cover was just so awesomely dated. (Helloooooooooo Naughty Nineties! Rowr!) Luckily for me, it was actually a pretty good book.

I don't feel like writing a full review, so a list it is.

Liked:
-Good, strong businesswoman heroine who isn't a man-hater.
-Hero's 6 year-old son acts appropriately for his age and isn't trotted out just for wise quips and plot massaging.
-Nicely written with a good use of showing rather than telling, the occasionally clever bit of imagery and
Bry
First off, many thanks to Danielle "The Book Huntress" Hill for being able to identify this book for me! I had been looking for it on GoodReads for ages with no luck! I read it like 10+ years ago, and even though it was a favorite I could never remember the title - just the plot!

I love this book for so many reasons. Mainly though the characters, the family-centric plot, and the Houston setting are what truly sell this book to me.

Laura is an amazing woman. She's sassy, independent, impulsive, na
Kay
Aug 31, 2012 Kay rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: ebooks
Stacie
Harlequin are always good for a quick and steamy read (as long as you pick the collections that guarantee sex, like Blaze). This is by far my favorite Harlequin, and it was my first. Both of the main characters are hard on the outside and tender on the inside. Through a series of crises, their stubborn nature and forced professionalism crumbles under the intensity of the attraction, curiosity, and care they feel for each other. Predictably, it follows the familiar romance formula*, but I still l ...more
Nancy Anderson
A favorite of mine from long ago.
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Jenne
Jenne added it
Jul 24, 2014
Trea
Trea marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Anand
Anand marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2013
Laurie Gyd
Laurie Gyd marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2013
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2013
Fiordiligii
Fiordiligii marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Sheila
Sheila added it
Apr 01, 2015
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Why would a former bank vice president and advertising agency executive choose to write romance novels? "Selling women a sense of their own self-worth beats hyping consumer products any day," Jan Freed says of her newest—and third—career. Her heroines are "strong, gutsy women willing to safeguard traditional values against all odds. Sort of John-Wayne-in-pantyhose types," she explains.

Her editors
More about Jan Freed...

Hayes Siblings (2 books)
  • The Texas Way
The Wallflower (Harlequin Superromance, #790) My Fair Gentleman: Showcase (Harlequin Superromance No. 713) The Texas Way The Last Man in Texas (Malloy Men #1) Nobody Does It Better