Start by marking “Plead Forgiveness (Loyalty, #1)” as Want to Read:
Plead Forgiveness (Loyalty, #1)

Plead Forgiveness (Loyalty, #1)

4.03  ·  Rating Details  ·  156 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
At ten summers, Isabel Mackenzie was banished from her highland clan by her father, Laird Alex Mackenzie; then for eight years forced to assume a false identity as Lady Ella and endure a harsh existence under the guardianship of her aunt’s husband, the Baron of Greystone. With undeniable beauty and a generous heart, Ella learns to forgo any hope of reconciliation with her ...more
Published August 13th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Plead Forgiveness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Plead Forgiveness

The Secret by Julie GarwoodThe Bride by Julie GarwoodRansom by Julie GarwoodThe Prize by Julie GarwoodThe Wedding by Julie Garwood
Best Medieval Romance Page Turner
26th out of 151 books — 203 voters
Outlander by Diana GabaldonKiss of the Highlander by Karen Marie MoningThe Bride by Julie GarwoodThe Dark Highlander by Karen Marie MoningBeyond the Highland Mist by Karen Marie Moning
Best Highland/Scotland Romance Novels
235th out of 481 books — 1,748 voters

More lists with this book...

Emmy
Jan 25, 2013 Emmy rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who liked Laiden's Daughter
Why, oh why, do people publish books with so many errors?! I can understand the occasional mistake in sentence structure or something, but there is no excuse for misspellings, extra words, wrong tenses, etc. These are obvious, and EASILY corrected mistakes. Unfortunately (for me), I've been reading a lot of books like this lately and am becoming good at glossing over those obvious errors and correcting them in my head as I read. But it makes me sad when I see this time and again.

Anyway, done wi
Lisa C.
Aug 30, 2014 Lisa C. rated it liked it
I don't know how to review this book. The actual story idea was great, at least four stars, and had so much potential. But, there were problems.

The editing and grammar issues were outrageous, especially after I read the author's bio and discovered she has a journalism degree. Really?! The lack of suffixes, incorrect word usage such as past for passed, bath instead of bathe, and the list goes, was too much to overlook. Did anyone read this before it was published?

Another glaring problem was Ella
Abby
Jul 12, 2015 Abby rated it did not like it
There were so many things that made this one of the cheesiest books that I've ever read. I'll admit, I'm not a huge reader of historical romance so perhaps some of my gripes are due to the time period in which the book is written (although I don't think that's the case).

First, the female lead. Ella is perfect. Ella is loved and admired by all. She charms even the most gruff of men or the most savage of beast. Her talents know no end. Her hardships are hardly that at all. She is described as rese
Apr 27, 2016 Laura rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
The writing was so spectacularly terrible, I couldn't even make it past the introduction.
Terry
Oct 02, 2014 Terry rated it really liked it
I read this book in two sittings. I loved the story especially the first two thirds. Due to my age (I think), I was bored with the romance part and mostly skipped over those. Used to like those parts when I was younger. I probably would have cut out about 50 pages when it began to get too predictable . Yes, I noticed the spelling errors I.e. Your for you're but
See that so often on the Internet that it doesn't phase me much any more. I would definitely fire the editor though
I would definitely try
Jill
May 16, 2013 Jill rated it really liked it
***Spoilers***

I loved this book.

I picked it up through the Kindle lender's library, knowing it was full of editing mistakes. And yes, it was. There were so many glowing reviews about the plot and characters I decided to overlook that. I'm so glad I did. However I did have three other issues with the book.

1. The heroine seemed too perfect. Like one of those happy, perky, never upset, bouncy women you just want to smack, but then feel guilty for not liking, because she really is a wonderfully kin
Anne Dimick
Aug 30, 2012 Anne Dimick rated it it was amazing
What a wonderfully entertaining book! Author Aury Dobsyn has crafted one of the most engrossing, mood-elevating, “feel –good” romance novels that I have ever read. Definitely put it in the ‘must-read” category.

PLEAD FORGIVENESS details the adventures of a beautiful noblewoman, Ella, in the Scottish Highlands during the 13th century and takes many twists and turns, from vivid descriptions of Ella’s brutal treatment and virtual imprisonment at the hands of her villainous guardian, to her unexpecte
Lisa
Oct 17, 2012 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Plead Forgiveness is a must read! Although this book is 300+ pages, I read it in one sitting. I just couldn't put it down, and have actually read it twice.
This medieval page turner is extremely well-written, but it was the intriguing, fast paced story line that kept me enthralled. I have read almost every notable historical (medieval) romance novel on the market for the past 30 years, but never have a read a story like this. Refreshing and original!
Plead Forgiveness is much more than a roman
Nicole Wolfe
Dec 08, 2012 Nicole Wolfe rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
I was blown away by this book! Absolutely wonderful. I laughed and cried in equal measure.
As to the reviews that complain about editing, I must have read the edited version, since I din't notice any typos, spelling, grammar, etc.

Although it was fast paced, the author did an amazing job with character descriptions....and not just main characters. The story line was intriguing and realistic.
I was also impressed with how historically accurate this book was from beginning to end. The author obviou
Denise
Feb 06, 2014 Denise rated it it was amazing
Absolutely wonderful story. However, it really needed better editing. Had the story been less enthralling I would probably have given up on finishing the story. I read for the enjoyment and to lose myself IN the story. This story was "verra" enjoyable and I could see the story playing out in my minds eye. Typos aside, I laughed, I felt anger and felt my eyes fill up more than once. This story is worth the time you invest ... grumble at the atrocious editing but continue to the wonderfully wrappe ...more
A Book Junky's Obsession
Feb 10, 2014 A Book Junky's Obsession rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book! It is a wonderfully heart-wrenching love story that captivated me from the very beginning and kept me up into the late hours of the night because I did not want to put it down. I fell in love with the characters right off and cried many times thought the story at the difficulties that were faced. I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves historical romances!
Susan Alderston
Sep 02, 2012 Susan Alderston rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: historical romance readers
Great story! Strong characters! Great writing! I would definitely buy each one. This book is a page turner. You will hate to put it down. Just one more chapter-one more page.

I loved reading the developing relationship between Ella and Gavin and his family and clan. Being a dogs person, I especially enjoyed the subplot with Ella and Arth, the wolfdog.

I have read many novels with very abrupt endings. In contrast, this story has a wonderfully long ending, which brings together both families.

I hope
Kristin
Feb 15, 2013 Kristin rated it really liked it
What a great book..especially since it was free..makes it that much better to boot! Great strong characters that draw you in and make you root for them. Sometimes details can get to be too much and you end up reading over it instead of actually reading it. I guess I was just so invested in this beautiful world that I wanted to get that extra feel for it. But at times I did feel like I was reading the same sentence over and over, that's why I didn't give it the full 5 stars. Sometimes there were ...more
Izola
Dec 16, 2015 Izola rated it really liked it
Quite enjoyed this book. Well written. I will read more from this author for sure!
Christine
Mar 03, 2015 Christine rated it it was amazing
It's not very often a book can make me cry tears of sadness and joy. What a gifted author!
Carolyn Gray
Love

I have read this book 4 times and l
cried and laughed time and time again. it is truly a beautiful story
Yolanda
Mar 20, 2016 Yolanda rated it it was amazing
what a brilliant read had me in tears throughout the book has suspense with a great storyline if you love historical fiction your going to love this book. totally enjoyed it could not put it down and bella has you on the edge of your seat brave courageous woman that stops at nothing to fight what she believes in

Me and my puffy eyes would not hesitate in recommending reading this
Toni
May 13, 2013 Toni rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Scotts romance fans
I am a huge fan of the Scots romance and Julie Garwood. This book rates on the same level as JG's historicals (WHICH IS PHENOMINAL). Just a great story with fabulous characters that made me laugh and cry. Plead Forgiveness is definitely on my keeper shelf and I can't wait to read more books from Aury Dobsyn.
Madiha Ansari
Jan 19, 2015 Madiha Ansari rated it it was ok
Plead Forgiveness (Loyalty, #1) If you want to read a book where the writer completely destroyed English language, then this is the book for you. Spelling and grammar mistakes were atrocious. I, for one, do not recommend it.
Krys
Feb 25, 2013 Krys rated it liked it
Shelves: general-fiction
The storyline wasn't bad but overall it wasn't a good first impression. It had so many grammatical and sentence structure errors I am not sure I have the patience to read another book... I am just glad I didn't pay for it but borrowed it from Amazon instead.
Clarke
I didn't like the start of the book but I'm glad I stuck with it because I ended up really enjoying the book. There isn't much action in the book but the author made the mundane really interesting.
Kat Valencia-Benitez
Aug 18, 2013 Kat Valencia-Benitez rated it it was amazing
A very enjoyable read! I love this book. I cried so hard. I love gavin. I wish this author would write more books.
Renee
Heroine is way too perfect in every single way. The dialogue is too sappy - cue repeated eye rolling!
Natasha
Natasha rated it it was ok
Aug 21, 2016
Fabiana Alvarez
Fabiana Alvarez marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2016
Pria
Pria marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2016
Petit Pety
Petit Pety marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
Gitte
Gitte marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
  • A Year and A Day
  • The Seasons Series (The Graistan Chronicles, #1-5)
  • Laiden's Daughter (Clan MacDougall, #1)
  • Seducing the Knight (The Brotherhood of the Scottish Templars, #2)
  • Celtic Fury (Celtic Storm, #1)
  • Bold (The Handfasting, #1)
  • The Bedeviled Heart (Highland Heather and Hearts Scottish Romance #2)
  • A Taste of Sin (Sin Trilogy, #1)
  • His Captive (MacGruder Brothers, #1)
  • Quiet Killing (Promise McNeal Mystery #2)
  • Redeemed (The MacKays #2)
  • Passion's Tide
  • Passion and Pride (A Historical Romance)
  • Prophecy (The Dragonfly Chronicles, #1)
  • A Night of Secrets (Night #1)
  • A Knight's Temptation (Knight's, #3)
  • Celtic Skies (Celtic Steel, #3)
  • At Last