Start by marking “Being of Two Minds” as Want to Read:
Being of Two Minds

Being of Two Minds

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  152 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Connie Hendricks was a typical American teen except for her dizzy spells, when she would pass out. When this happened, she entered the mind and soul of Prince Rudolph, the fourteen-year-old heir apparent of Thulgaria, a small European country. Prince Rudolph had spells too, when he entered Connie's mind and life. Everything was just fine, and their "trick" was their specia ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 160 pages
Published October 24th 1992 by Fawcett (first published October 31st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Being of Two Minds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Being of Two Minds

Azar
Another Service favorite and one of the few of hers I managed to get my hands on when it first came out. It has since fallen out of print like many others. :-\

The premise *sounds* like standard science fiction fare: Connie is an American teenager, Rudy is the heir apparent to a tiny European kingdom, and they've been psychically linked ever since they can remember. That link comes in handy when Rudy's position puts him in danger. But one of my favorite things about this book is that the psychic
Kim Coleman
Connie is a fourteen year old girl who experiences "episodes". she will pass out for a couple hours and her mind will connect with a fourteen year old prince living halfway around the world. for their whole life, they've been experiencing this, going back and forth between each others minds. but when Prince Rudy is kidnapped, its up to Connie to save him. little by little she puts the pieces together from what she sees from his mind.
i really enjoyed this book. it was very fun and excited but als
Julie Decker
Connie and Prince Rudolph have a curious connection: Though they've never met in person, they spend time in each other's heads. Having been born at the exact same time, they've had a lifelong experience of regularly scheduled blackouts in which they seem passed out in their everyday life but are actually conscious in the other person's head, looking out through their eyes (though there is no exchange of thoughts). These two kids grow up with this being part of life, and they learn about each oth ...more
Cinco
A very simple, uncomplicated YA story about telepathy (sort of). I read this for the first time when I was about thirteen. I found the total lack of romance refreshing, and I enjoyed the American main character's travels in Europe.
Stacey
A favourite of my young adult years.
Swankivy
This book's premise is a little bizarre, and I didn't really mind that it was never explained "how" or "why." (Main character Connie has fairly predictable blackouts in which her consciousness enters Prince Rudolph's mind across the ocean, where she's an observer for a short time before waking up again. Rudolph has the same deal where he travels to her mind. They've lived with it since they can remember and have determined they were born at the same exact time.) Part of the story is just about h ...more
Drucilla
Actual rating: 3.5 stars. A very interesting concept not written as well as it could have been. The writing feels like a middle grade novel and yet the protagonists are teens. They also act younger than their ages and their dialogue isn't really realistic at all.
Uziah Mcdonlald
this is so cool i love this read in 2 days i might read again :)
Mary-Beth
Another tale by Service about an empathic link between two teens. This time the characters are only far apart in space and social station rather than time. An engaging read. The author is fairly good at writing teenagers from what I recall - or maybe she was only good at writing the sort of teenager I wished I was.
Magda
Read December 2011.

Read November 1, 2007:
I remember reading and re-reading this book so many times. It is similar in tone to Andre Norton's The Prince Commands, and they are both similar to Prisoner of Zenda.

I just wish it were longer or had a sequel.
Timothy
For a book that's aimed at children, "Being of Two Minds" by Pamela F. Service, does a fine job acting as a gateway to speculative fiction for young readers. Even for those who've long been a reader of the genre, would find this to be a easy and fun read.
Mindy
Just thought of this book today for some reason. I loved it as an early teenager but haven't read it for many years so I can't really comment too much on how good it really is. Interesting plot idea for sure.
Joey Stephano
Good book, but short. I really enjoyed the way she made the characters fit so well together...
--JoeyStephano
April
Saved it from the weeding pile, ended up weeding it anyway. No great shakes.
Allison
IT WAS A GREAT BOOK, ONE OF MY FAVORITES!
Nikita
its not very realistic but the story is gud
Julia
maija needs to read this
Xpiotiva
Xpiotiva marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Sam Austin
Sam Austin marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Di
Di added it
Nov 11, 2014
Debbie Lester
Debbie Lester marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Juniper Game
  • Alien Secrets
  • The Godmother's Apprentice (Godmother, #2)
  • The Mermaid Summer
  • Flying in Place
  • Anna to the Infinite Power
  • Dragon of the Lost Sea
  • This Can't Be Happening at MacDonald Hall! (MacDonald Hall, #1)
  • Contact Imminent (Jani Kilian Chronicles, Book 4)
  • Year's Best SF 6
  • Miss Twiggley's Tree
  • ReVisions
  • Where's Mom Now That I Need Her?: Surviving Away from Home
  • One Thing At a Time: 100 Simple Ways to Live Clutter-Free Every Day
Born in Berkeley, California, Pamela F. Service grew up loving to hear, read, and tell stories - particularly about weird stuff. Pamela earned a BA in Political Science from UC Berkeley followed by an MA in history and archaeology from the University of London.

She spent many years living in Bloomington, Indiana, writing, serving on the city council, and being curator of a history museum. She has
More about Pamela F. Service...
Tomorrow's Magic (Omnibus) Reluctant God Winter of Magic's Return Stinker from Space Yesterday's Magic