Start by marking “Practical Praying” as Want to Read:
Practical Praying

Practical Praying

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  101 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
John Edward’s focus in spiritual teaching is now being spotlighted on his own path of religious and spiritual enlightenment, and he is now sharing it in this book, PRACTICAL PRAYING: Using the Rosary to Enhance your Life.

This book explores the power of the rosary as a tool to bring focused energy and creative thought into your everyday life. For many people, their daily l
Published February 1st 2005 by Princess Books

To ask other readers questions about Practical Praying, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Practical Praying

Virginia Ann
Dec 06, 2007 Virginia Ann rated it it was amazing
I have a rosary, and I use it...but not in the traditional way. More like the way John speaks of in his book.
Yes, this is the John Edwards of speaking to the dead fame...imagine my surprise when I saw him on the telly and he spoke of this book. I went to Amazon to check it out and ordered it. Glad I did. I have not finished the book but I have skimmed it..and I think this is a wonderful read for all Christians of course, but also for those of us who choose to connect with Spirit for Guidance in
Laurie
Apr 14, 2013 Laurie rated it liked it
Not much new here to me, but surprised and pleased that the author is so attuned to the Rosary. And I liked that the book had the accompanying CD with it, although the first book I bought had the CD with glue on it and it broke while trying to remove it from the back of the book. So I bought another one (very cheap on amazon.com) and was much more careful removing the CD with a razor blade, this time successfully.
Duffy
Feb 16, 2009 Duffy rated it really liked it
Read it - re-read parts when I need inspiration. Pray at all hours of the day now - totally believe in the power of the Holy Mother. She has helped me in many ways especially since my mother passed away. John is a great inspiration and a big help to me in accepting the world after my parents passed over. Glad I bought this book.
Betsy
Apr 16, 2011 Betsy rated it it was amazing
This is an uplifting book. If we persist in our praying the Rosary, any problem can be solved. You do not need to be Catholic to say the Rosary. Powerful praying is for everyone. John writes in a very down to earth manner. I enjoy all of his books.
Lisa
Feb 14, 2010 Lisa rated it it was amazing
I've been amazed at how much I like this book. I actually want to learn the Rosary now. It comes with a CD which is helpful for a reformed Baptist like myself! I don't affiliate with any one religion- Only with God, the Creator.
Curtis
Sep 15, 2011 Curtis rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-exchange, prayer
John Edwards describes a non-traditional way to pray the Rosary. Very inspirational. It also includes an audio CD.
Lisa
Sep 22, 2012 Lisa rated it liked it
The best bit was Roma Downey reciting the rosary-the reason I bought it. I use it as a meditation guide in some instances, even though I'm not Catholic/christian.
AnneMarie De
Aug 04, 2014 AnneMarie De rated it it was amazing
John Edwards describes a non-traditional way to pray using the Rosary. Very inspirational and helpful references at the end of the book
Huma Rashid
Oct 26, 2014 Huma Rashid rated it it was ok
I really don't know why I read this other than I like learning about how people experience their religions. This book felt rambling and strange. Eh.
Sharfa
Jan 03, 2008 Sharfa rated it really liked it
Insightful humorous personal stories from John and excellent advice on incorporating prayer in our daily lives in a practical way. Quick read & comes with a CD.
V
Jan 12, 2016 V rated it it was amazing
A lovely book and CD. I acquired this one for my own collection.
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2012
Valerie
Valerie rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2013
Lucky7
Lucky7 rated it it was ok
May 01, 2008
Rosemary Daly
Rosemary Daly rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2011
Denise
Denise rated it really liked it
Oct 17, 2013
Tony Valente
Tony Valente rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2013
Kathy Swensen
Kathy Swensen rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2014
Patsy
Patsy rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2016
Lorien Johnson
Lorien Johnson rated it did not like it
Jan 05, 2016
Allison Kuznia
Allison Kuznia rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Mary Jane
Mary Jane rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2009
Sue
Sue rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2012
Susan Bauer allen
Susan Bauer allen rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2014
Jean C. Decker
Jean C. Decker rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2016
Annie
Annie rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2012
Shannon Breen
Shannon Breen rated it liked it
Dec 11, 2014
Kathy
Kathy rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2012
Tanya Alvarez
Tanya Alvarez rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2013
Nicole
Nicole rated it did not like it
Mar 21, 2014