Start by marking “Drop Dead, Gorgeous” as Want to Read:
Drop Dead, Gorgeous
Preview

Drop Dead, Gorgeous

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  123 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Desimonda returned to seek out revenge in J.D. Mason's Beautiful, Dirty, Rich. Now, in Drop Dead, Gorgeous,her best friend, Lonnie,is out for a little payback of her own

Lonnie Adebayo, best friend to Desimonda Greene, is a walking, talking billboard for the old adage, “You can’t keep a good woman down.” But Jordan Gatewood has done so much more than just try and keep her d
Published June 25th 2013 by St. Martin's Press (first published March 5th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Drop Dead, Gorgeous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drop Dead, Gorgeous

Mel
Like every other J.D. Mason book I've read, I loved Drop Dead Gorgeous. I am regretting not realizing that there was a prequel, and reading that first. But, it's easy to put everything together. It's about money, power, and a woman (Lonnie) trying to right a wrong that was done to her.A terrible wrong. Raped, beaten and left for dead by powerful millionaire and past love (Jordan). Lonnie is on a campaign to get justice. She enlists the help of a friend (Desi), his half brother Frank and, his uns ...more
OOSA
When You Come At the King You Best Not Miss

Lonnie Adebayo’s fate was sealed at the end of “Beautiful, Dirty, Rich”…almost. Brutalized, traumatized, and victimized, Lonnie survived with the help of another and is determined to make the man responsible answer for his actions. Easier said than done when the man responsible is the Jordan Gatewood.

More secrets were revealed and readers received more insight into the Yolanda ‘Lonnie’ Adebayo in this sequel, “Drop Dead, Gorgeous.” As always, Mason writ
Tracy
BRAVO, J.D. MASON! Part one snatched my attention, and part two held me hostage. Finished it in one day. Now, I can only wait anxiously for more. Lonnie and Jordan are fascinating characters. Desi is evolving as the story wears on. And each time we turn the page, we're finding out more and more about the crazy events of some long ago love affair in a small town; the secrets that were kept, the alliances and rivalries that were formed, and the prices that were paid all in the name of love...fasci ...more
Natasha
I was expecting more of Desi's story, but instead I received a deeper look into the Gatewood legacy and all their skeletons. In an effort to exact revenge on Jordan, Lonnie really pulled out all the stops. Wasn't expecting the end but getting there was definitely full of twists and turns, secrets revealed and closing of chapters. I enjoyed the first book a little more but this one took a turn in a different direction and because it wasn't predictable it was still a good read (listen).
Jeff
***WON VIA GOODREADS GIVEAWAYS***

This book is a sequel to Beautiful, Dirty, Rich . It weaves two plots together, which makes the story more interesting: Lonnie seeks revenge against Jordan, while two other characters are embroiled in a murder case. I did not think the book had an adequate ending for the latter; however, it was a relatively quick read (always a plus for me) and readers will stay interested knowing that Jordan’s going to get what he deserves.
Patricia Atkinson
loved the book the ending was something that I never seen coming.i will be looking forward when a new book comes out.i was impressed with the story line.great job in writing it was glad to get a free copy from goodreads to preview....
Andrea Ingram
Great writing and characters but really would like a bow wrapped around it. How many questions can one book introduce? Just way too much going on. Plot is just too convoluted for my taste. Again, I know this is the new series formula but I still don't like the many open points. I'm giving it 3 stars by rounding up when I would like to give it only 2.5 stars. I just could no longer sympathize with Lonnie any more. Lonnie's dogmatic approach to life was exhausting.
Karen Ashmore
The loose ends in Beautiful Dirty Rich were tied up in this book but then it left me with a whole nother set of loose ends. So I guess I have to read the sequel to find out what happens next. Once you get started, you can't stop. Sounds like a drug, doesn't it? Fasten your seat belt because it's a great story with lots of twists and turns!
Doris Coleman
Reading this book was like watching a bad Spanish soap opera, but you had to see how it ends. Not sure I would want to know any of these characters.
Carla Harris
Drop Dead, Gorgeous was just as good as Beautiful, Dirty, Rich. Although it made it easier to follow and I felt like I knew the characters, I do feel like you didn't have to read the first book to follow. J.D did a great job of introducing the characters again, without making it seem monotonous.

There were so many surprises with this book, many of which I would not have imagined. The last chapter in the book, my heart was racing. I didn't want my girl to go to that hotel. And then the other ol g
Kim
It was interesting. I hated the end. It was for my book club. I'm not sure that I would recommend it as a good read.
Tracee
I enjoyed this follow-up to Beautiful, Dirty, Rich and was excited to get my hands on this book. Since this is Lonnie's book, us readers watch as Lonnie goes all out to dethrone Jordan and make him pay for what he did to her. New characters are introduced in this story, and they are full of secrets that Lonnie takes advantage of. Desi makes an appearance or two, but her focus has changed. As with any J. D. Mason novel, it was well-written and smart, and full of many unexpected twists, including ...more
Msrosie Velt
The classic revenge. You hurt me terribly, I think of an awesome plan to topple your world and then I finally realize that I can't let the hurt you caused me to consume me and fuel me to do awful things to you. But did I figure it out to late is the question.
Tiffany❤️Loves❤️a❤️good❤️Book❤️Boyfriend!!!
Well I will admit that I enjoyed this one and the twist at the end....
K Nikki  Waden
Another Hit!!!I enjoyed this book almost as much as I enjoyed part 1,I like the twist and turns on every page. The story line was great. Lonnie is a woman bent on revenge against her attacker,but this is no easy feat ,her attacker is rich and connected, Can Lonnie survive a battle against the evil and master manipulator Jordan Gatewood? I hope there will be a part 3 because there were some unanswered questions. Definitely a different read for me and I would highly recommend it.. Good Job J.D.
Nicole Walters
J.D. did it again in this beautiful tangled mess of lies, intrigue, steaming passion and revenge that hooked me from its beginning. This is a smart, sexy read full of the kind of drama that kept me turning the page but in no hurry to reach the last. A cliffhanger at the end, I can't wait to read the next book in this series. Desi, Lonnie, and the rest deliver just what you'd expect in this tale of cold-hearted, hot-blooded revenge.
Latrice B.
Throughout this book I kept waiting for a twist and there wasn't one to be found. Although this book was well written and had some interesting characters it didn't come together for me. I also found it strange how a character who was so use to dealing with corporate sharks didn't see this plot from the beginning. I wouldn't write this author off all together but I would not re-read this title either.
Tramika  Chatfield
I tell you, Ms. Mason need to make this series a movie or something!! Bring it to life. Suspense, romance and a little drama. I love it!!! Love this lady!!!
Darcee Kraus
A riveting tale of love, lust, and revenge! I was definitely kept entertained by many surprises during the plot and really enjoyed reading Drop Dead, Gorgeous. I would definitely say Mason won me over as a fan!

Darcee Kraus
Mckinleyville, CA
Angela Davis
Amazing ending to a story that had so many twist and turns that I never saw that ending coming...I have always loved the author fade to black type ending like the story is continuing but I am no longer allowed to see what is happening
Renee Cronin
Always a fan of J.D. Mason. I love that her endings are not going to be what you as the reader wants all the time. She has a way with words and I continuously get lost in the story. A forever fan!
Linda
I guess I should have guessed by the title how this story was going to end, but seriously?? Did you really have to do that J.D. Mason? I hope there is a book 3.
Tamara
I finished this book in two days; couldn't put it down. I was anxious to find out what would happen next. Want to read the first one now.
Yvonne
wow what a good read .... a must read, love and money are two powerful things that will drive you crazy and make you do some things!!!
Hope
Actual rating: 3.5

I didn't enjoy this one as much as the first one. Nevertheless, it was still entertaining.
Flashette
J.D. Mason never disappoints! I can't wait for the next installment.
Tina
Good book ...I wish Lonnie could have found some happiness.
Cjfranklin
I loved this book. I finished in one day.
Sequel to Beautiful, Dirty, Rich 1 10 Jul 15, 2013 08:54PM
  • The Family Business 2
  • The Secret She Kept
  • The Perfect Affair (The Shady Sisters Trilogy #1)
  • Sinners And Saints
  • The Rich Girls' Club
  • Consequences
  • Exposed
  • The Replacement Wife
  • Family of Lies
  • I'd Rather Be With You
  • A Christmas Prayer
I started with a goal in mind, and I prayed. “Lord, just let me be able to write books for 10 years. If I can write for 10 years, I can finish 10 books. And then I’ll retire.” I feel like I’m just getting warmed up, so I definitely think I need another 10 years.

J.D. Mason has been writing professionally for more than a decade, beginning with her first novel “And On The Eighth Day She Rested” which
More about J.D. Mason...
One Day I Saw a Black King And on the Eighth Day She Rested Don't Want No Sugar You Gotta Sin to Get Saved This Fire Down in My Soul

“Guilt doesn't follow the rules of time. Most things fade with time, regret, eyesight, memories. But guilt feeds on time, and as it feeds, it grows, and when it runs out of time, it begins to gnaw on the guilty.” 6 likes