Start by marking “Toss the Bride” as Want to Read:
Toss the Bride

Toss the Bride

Professional wedding planner Macie Fuller is having trouble saying "I do." White doves and wedding bells are all in a days work, as is the occaisional difficult client. But when her wealthy boyfriend Avery proposes, Macie's reaction shocks everyone. Will she become a monster in a white veil, she wonders? And more importantly, how can she be herself in Avery's purebred fami ...more
Published December 27th 2005 by Thomas Dunne Books

To ask other readers questions about Toss the Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Toss the Bride

Amy
Mar 29, 2008 Amy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011
I love, love, love this book! I have been reading a lot of serious books lately and I reread this one to give me a little break. It is funny and sweet, but also has a great message about love and communication in a loving relationship. I wish they would make it into a movie. I highly recommend this book. It is so fun!
Sarah A.
Aug 14, 2007 Sarah A. rated it really liked it
A delightful story about a wedding planner named Macie whose own love life is in tangles, and her adventures with monster brides. Charming, funny, sweet, and heartwarming in much the same vein as Steve Martin's Shop Girl.
Lisa Griffin
Light summer reading. The author is a friend.
Kristin
May 07, 2012 Kristin rated it it was ok
- I did not care for Avery, Macie's boyfriend. He would just leave whenever they had a disagreement, and he didn't seem serious about finding/having a job.
- Macie didn't seem to want to keep her job as a wedding planner and she seemed wishy washy about every aspect of her life. I wasn't satisfied with the ending.
+ Macie's best friend was my favorite character. She had her own business called Cake Cake lol
+ It was fun reading about the different brides and how crazy they were.I don't think I coul
Kristina
Jun 17, 2013 Kristina rated it it was amazing
A heartfelt, light comedy and romance novel. A girl, coming to terms with responsibility and adulthood, and moving forward to the next step in her life. I enjoyed the book thoroughly, and it was a read I needed desperately. 5/5!
Alison Beechner
Jun 09, 2012 Alison Beechner rated it liked it
Shelves: chic-lit
Each chapter is dealing with a different client with an overall plot of her own life. Around page 80 I was getting a little tired of the story not going anywhere, but I pushed through and it picked up.
Ashley FL
Mar 17, 2010 Ashley FL rated it liked it
I think it is more like 2.5 stars. I liked the parts about the various weddings, but ultimately the main character never came together for me, and her actual storyline made little sense.

If I weren't in a wedding frame of mind, it might have been 2 stars.
Terri
The cover of this book grabbed my attention while browsing a charity book sale. I decided to get it for the sole reason that the author is from Georgia and the story is set in Atlanta. I read it a couple of months and can't remember anything about it.
Robyn
Mar 30, 2008 Robyn rated it liked it
A fun, light read. It was refreshing to find a romantic comedy story without a bunch of garbage, but it also wasn't a very deep book.
Deanna
Jan 08, 2015 Deanna rated it liked it
Shelves: library-book, 2015
cute k enjoyed it!!
Danielle
Apr 12, 2008 Danielle rated it it was ok
It was craptastic. The only good parts were the Bridezillas.
Jennifer N.
Jennifer N. rated it it was ok
Mar 17, 2010
Jennifer Collette
Jennifer Collette rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2010
Heather Swanson
Heather Swanson rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2012
Atarah
Atarah rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2013
Sara
Sara rated it it was amazing
Nov 17, 2008
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2015
Francis M.
Francis M. rated it did not like it
Apr 06, 2017
Melanie Beecham
Melanie Beecham rated it really liked it
May 21, 2013
Sara (smb+jab)
Sara (smb+jab) rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2009
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was ok
Mar 05, 2010
Jeanine
Jul 15, 2012 Jeanine rated it really liked it
Great beach read!! Smart and funny.
Lauren
Lauren rated it it was ok
Apr 08, 2013
Kaoru
Kaoru rated it did not like it
Sep 23, 2009
Jamie
Jamie rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2011
Tracy
Tracy rated it it was amazing
Nov 12, 2014
Kelly
Kelly rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2008
Jacqueline
Jacqueline rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Becca Jimenez
Becca Jimenez rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2013
Lindsey Berg
Lindsey Berg rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Jennifer Manske Fenske is the author of the novel, Toss the Bride. Her essays have been published in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Arizona Republic, and Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel as well as New Parent and The Lutheran magazines.
Jennifer is a graduate of Clemson University, where she studied fiction writing with Mark Steadman. She received her M.A. degree at the State University of New York a
More about Jennifer Manske Fenske...