Start by marking “Toss the Bride” as Want to Read:
Toss the Bride

Toss the Bride

3.22 of 5 stars 3.22  ·  rating details  ·  67 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Professional wedding planner Macie Fuller is having trouble saying "I do." White doves and wedding bells are all in a days work, as is the occaisional difficult client. But when her wealthy boyfriend Avery proposes, Macie's reaction shocks everyone. Will she become a monster in a white veil, she wonders? And more importantly, how can she be herself in Avery's purebred fami ...more
Published December 27th 2005 by Thomas Dunne Books

To ask other readers questions about Toss the Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Toss the Bride

Amy
Apr 19, 2008 Amy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
I love, love, love this book! I have been reading a lot of serious books lately and I reread this one to give me a little break. It is funny and sweet, but also has a great message about love and communication in a loving relationship. I wish they would make it into a movie. I highly recommend this book. It is so fun!
Sarah A.
A delightful story about a wedding planner named Macie whose own love life is in tangles, and her adventures with monster brides. Charming, funny, sweet, and heartwarming in much the same vein as Steve Martin's Shop Girl.
Lisa Griffin
Light summer reading. The author is a friend.
Kristin
- I did not care for Avery, Macie's boyfriend. He would just leave whenever they had a disagreement, and he didn't seem serious about finding/having a job.
- Macie didn't seem to want to keep her job as a wedding planner and she seemed wishy washy about every aspect of her life. I wasn't satisfied with the ending.
+ Macie's best friend was my favorite character. She had her own business called Cake Cake lol
+ It was fun reading about the different brides and how crazy they were.I don't think I coul
Terri
The cover of this book grabbed my attention while browsing a charity book sale. I decided to get it for the sole reason that the author is from Georgia and the story is set in Atlanta. I read it a couple of months and can't remember anything about it.
Ashley FL
I think it is more like 2.5 stars. I liked the parts about the various weddings, but ultimately the main character never came together for me, and her actual storyline made little sense.

If I weren't in a wedding frame of mind, it might have been 2 stars.
Kristina
A heartfelt, light comedy and romance novel. A girl, coming to terms with responsibility and adulthood, and moving forward to the next step in her life. I enjoyed the book thoroughly, and it was a read I needed desperately. 5/5!
Alison Beechner
Each chapter is dealing with a different client with an overall plot of her own life. Around page 80 I was getting a little tired of the story not going anywhere, but I pushed through and it picked up.
Robyn
A fun, light read. It was refreshing to find a romantic comedy story without a bunch of garbage, but it also wasn't a very deep book.
Danielle
It was craptastic. The only good parts were the Bridezillas.
Jeanine
Great beach read!! Smart and funny.
Sahar
Sahar marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Amber Pribish
Amber Pribish marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2014
Jesse Nietzer
Jesse Nietzer marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2014
Kelli
Kelli marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2014
Gabrielle27
Gabrielle27 marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2013
Dalchickie
Dalchickie marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2013
Jennifer Lewis
Jennifer Lewis marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2013
Linda Poulin
Linda Poulin marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Jennifer Manske Fenske is the author of the novel, Toss the Bride. Her essays have been published in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Arizona Republic, and Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel as well as New Parent and The Lutheran magazines.
Jennifer is a graduate of Clemson University, where she studied fiction writing with Mark Steadman. She received her M.A. degree at the State University of New York a
More about Jennifer Manske Fenske...
The Wide Smiles of Girls Toss the Bride Merchandising Kit