Start by marking “Italian Ice (Precious Gems, #2)” as Want to Read:
Italian Ice (Precious Gems, #2)

Italian Ice (Precious Gems #2)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  138 ratings  ·  31 reviews
In this exciting sequel to Rarer Than Rubies, gay romance author Trent Copeland and former FBI agent Reed Action head to Italy for a Roman holiday. What should be a relaxing and romantic vacation is interrupted when Reed’s not-so-former boss asks for his help with a case. Trent's shocked to discover in the six months they’ve been living together in LA, Reed hasn’t been com ...more
Published July 1st 2012 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Italian Ice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Italian Ice

Susan Laine
Reed and Trent make a come-back. Sort of, considering they break up when the story starts. Reed is keeping secrets, and Trent thinks their relationship is something it apparently isn't.

This is just the starting setup. When the adventure surrounding something fishy going on in the Greek isles with smuggled art begins, the story picks up its pace at an alarming and totally exciting rate, giving this such a realistic feel that all I can say is WOW.

The action, the sex, the danger, the beautiful loca
Serena Yates
With great glee I noticed that Trent and Reed (from Rarer than Rubies) are back - and tumble right into their next adventure. The same elements that I liked so much about the first book are here as well: a romantic location, some good old-fashioned action and adventure, a mystery that includes missing agents and antiquities, and a lot of romance. Actually, even better than romance, this was as much about Reed and Trent struggling to develop a meaningful relationship as it was about the mystery. ...more
Cryselle
4.5

There’s nothing quite like getting called in to work while you’re on vacation halfway around the world from home—but if you’re vacationing where the work is, goodbye sightseeing. Reed’s phone goes off while he and his lover Trent are exploring the Vatican museums, and that’s the end of fun in Italy.

Reed and Trent got together in Rarer than Rubies, and if you don’t care to start with an established couple, definitely read that first. (Read it anyway, it’s good.) These two are on much shakier g
Cole Riann
Review posted at The Armchair Reader.

Italian Ice has been out for a while now, but I had always intended to review it, sadly it just took me a lot longer than I had hoped to get to it with all of my other reviews last year. I reviewed the first book in this series back when I was reviewing at Jessewave, and I really liked that first book. At that time, it was called Thief of Hearts: Tempted in Thailand before it was pulled from Ravenous Romance, re-edited and released from Dreamspinner
Anders
Fun sequel to the first book. Definitely made me want to go to Italy, and the mystery plot was fun. The romance is nice, although the mystery is more the focus until near the end. Then there's a nice ending that's very romantic.

(view spoiler)
Lidia
I love Trent ma I don't know if I like Reed, however this book is amazing and not only because is set in Italy (I'm italian!) but for the original and exciting story and the dialogues is fun and brillant so reading this story I smile, I'm moved , intrigued and I can't let go the book til the end. The author have curated especially the descriptions of city and landscapes, of traditions and of cooking italian, nice the proverbs cited so this book is fantastic...I forgot to tell how hot and sexy ar ...more
Kimberley
Copy graciously provided by the author, EM Lynley, through InkedRainbowReads.

(I was graciously provided all 4 books in the series, and would recommend reading them all. I read all 4 books in 2 days!!!! DEVOURED more like).

4 Heart-pounding Stars!

The writing was still impressive. The attention to details this author provides is incredible. You can tell by her writing that she knows what she is talking about and you are captivated by the story. Nothing is perfect and what I enjoyed about this stor
Susinok
Another fun adventure for Trent and Reed. I also liked the progression of their relationship. Looks like there may be more in this series. I really hope so.
Linda-Grace
Actioned packed with alot of hot sex thrown in, really enjoyed it.
Shirley Frances
Once again Reed and Trent are caught up in an adventure. This time they find themselves in Italy on vacation when Reed is needed on a mission to save his former partner. Reed leaves Trent in the middle of their vacation with barely an explanation about what's going on, leaving a lot of questions unanswered. Trent suspects that there is more about this mission than what Reed is telling him and he is determined to find out what it is. Of course, Trent ends ups right in the middle of everything and ...more
ttg
4.5 stars. Sequel to Rarer Than Rubies, this 2nd installment in the "Precious Gems" series was again a very fun m/m adventure romance. This time, romance writer Trent and his former government agent/now boyfriend of six months Reed are traveling in Rome on vacation, or they were until Reed gets called in on a case for the FBI, and Trent finds out that Reed was really "retired" from undercover work, and things snowball from there, including smugglers, missing agents, and Reed's painful past.

I had
Ann
Wow! I may have to say this book was better than I expected. I loved the first one so I hoped I would like this as much, but it really surprised me how much I enjoyed it. I think I would follow Reed and Trent anywhere they go. They are such a great couple and the caring and humor between them gets stronger, and you can see how much both Reed and Trent do for the other. They both change through the book, for the other one, and it was really touching.

I was a bit skeptical at first because the blu
Jamie

Trent and Reed are back, they're supposed to be on vacation but Reed has kept his hand in the "spy" business (unbeknownst to Trent) and gets a call while he's in Rome. The case involves someone from Reed's past and he acts suspicious enough to get Trent worked up. Trent lets his imagination run wild (he is a romance writer after all) and follows Reed into the mystery and the danger. I loved the references to Burn Notice and I think Trent and Reed are funny. Reed has issues to work throu
Holly
Still catching up on unfinished reviews.

I love the Precious Gems series. I hope there is a third one soon.

As I said in my review of the previous book in the series, these book remind me of both Romancing the Stone and Scarecrow and Mrs King. Naive and someone sheltered person finds themselves by accident drawn into action, adventure and mystery and they turn out to have an before now unknown talent. And they also find love.

That's my kind of plot.

And the writing. The writer brought Sicily alive f
Inked Reads
FourStars
Italy is beautiful, the food is magnificent and Reed and Trent are irresistible in the second Precious Gems book.

The men become true partners here, with Trent proving himself independent and very capable. Reese and and Trent are starting to work together and Reed is finally starting to value Trent’s skills.

Ryan G
Italian Ice is the second book of a three part series, unless the author writes another one, which I would be all for, and it's just as good as the first. There is love, hot sex, diamond smuggling, missing FBI agents, murders, femme fatales, kidnappings, and lots of adventure. It's like watching a really good episode of Scarecrow & Mrs. King, if both leads were hot gay men. And now that I think about it, they could even keep the young Bruce Boxleitner in it, they would just have to recast Ka ...more

Once again, the plot is pretty difficult to untangle as the story unfolds, but this time I understood everything by the time I finished the book. The villains are written more clearly as full
Tammy K.
First things first, I won a copy of this book off the goodreads enter to win contest. I do not know the author personally.
I give this book 4 stars. I really had to debate with myself if I should give it 4 or 5 stars.
The only reason I took off a star is because of my own personal preferences and I want you all to know that right up front. So read this review all the way through because I’m gonna be saying a lot of good things about this book.
First the characters: I love both the main characters,
Don Bradshaw
Reviewed on Hearts On Fire... http://heartsonfirereviews.com/

Trent and Reed are back in yet another romantic spy mystery. This time they are on vacation in Rome when Reed is called on a mission. Trent doesn't know that Reed is still working for the FBI and throws Reed out. Reed goes under cover in an attempt to uncover what seems to be an art smuggling operation. Trent with his inimitable timing forgives Reeds half truths and arrives at an art auction just in time to bungle things up. Reed is
Mtsnow13
Well, this one may have salvaged her first book.. This book was a bit more intense, and believeable, without the choppiness and awkwardness of the first one. It may even turn into an enjoyable series, with the way the author started developing both characters. I did enjoy the touch into antiquities as well as the vision of Italy that was brought into the story.

I liked that we started getting a glimpse into both of the MC's pasts by introducing questions about former 'partners' in question, as we
Suze
Trent and Reed are back!
I enjoyed their romp in book 1 but it has taken me a while to get round to catching up. I think I actually enjoyed this more. The development of their relationship was good, getting more intricate as Reed's secrets come out.
The spy business is still dangerous for both, and I liked Trent's research - and that Reed knew! Trent still has his TSTL moments but saves the day in the end.
Enjoyable light romp with serious themes.
3.5*
Angel Pedroza
I have enjoyed this whole series. I love couples where one partner is an undercover cop.
Marinieves Cordero
Book 2 of the series !

Trent and Reed find themselves in the middle of antiquities mystery.
Trent is trying to understand Reed while he discovers his ex partner is also involved in the mission.
Trent and Reed have to rely on each other in order to discover the truth ...
Chris
Good m/m romantic suspense in which the m/m romance author and the alleged former FBI agent are on vacation in Rome when a ghost from the FBI agent's past resurfaces, putting strain on his current relationship. The story's last line (and sadly, the title inspiration) literally made me groan.
Andrea
Wonderful characters! A little suspense, a little mystery, a lot of action and great sex that doesn't overwhelm the story. This is part of a trilogy with the same MCs but each book stands alone with a good wrap-up.
Nightcolors
This was probably a decent romance novel, but the mystery/investigation aspect of it frustrated me too much for me to appreciate the story. It just didn't work for me.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by:Don
Genre: M/M Contemporary
Rated: 4 hearts

Check out the review at: Hearts On Fire Reviews
Sheila
I read this without realizing I had just read the same author. Okay read.
Anke
Not much to say about it.
Dreamspinner Press: Italian Ice by EM Lynley 3 14 Dec 03, 2012 11:34AM
  • Blood in the Sand (Sanguis Noctis, #2)
  • The Trust
  • Stranded (Stranded, #1)
  • Forever  (Spy vs. Spook, #3)
  • The Amethyst Cat Caper (A Tea House Tale, #1)
  • Holding Out for a Fairy Tale (Least Likely Partnership, #2)
  • Still Waters (Sanctuary, #4)
  • Spin Out (Deputy Joe, #2)
  • Finders, Keepers
  • Deadly Nightshade (Deadly Mystery, #1)
  • Mahu (Mahu #1)
  • Left on St. Truth-be-Well
EM Lynley writes gay erotic romance. She loves books where the hero gets the guy and the loving is 11 on a scale of 10. Her Precious Gems series is best described as “Indiana Jones meets Romancing the Stone”—only gayer. The Delectable series is Gay Romance with Taste.

A Rainbow Award winner and EPPIE finalist, EM has worked in high finance, high tech, and in the wine industry, though she'd rather
More about E.M. Lynley...

Precious Gems (4 books)
  • Rarer Than Rubies
  • Jaded (Precious Gems #3)
  • 24-Karat Conspiracy (Precious Gems, #4)
Dirty Dining Sex, Lies & Wedding Bells Lighting the Way Home (Delectable, #2) Brand New Flavor (Delectable, #1) Rarer Than Rubies