Start by marking “The Indie Author Revolution: An Insider's Guide to Self-Publishing” as Want to Read:
The Indie Author Revolution: An Insider's Guide to Self-Publishing

The Indie Author Revolution: An Insider's Guide to Self-Publishing

If you've got passion, a plan, and persistence, you don't need an agent. The Indie Author Revolution: An Insider's Guide to Self-Publishing is your friendly guide to the new era of self-publishing. Everything you need to create a quality book is within your reach, including editors, designers, printers, mentoring presses, e-books, and social media.
Written from the perspect
Published September 1st 2012 by Bookhouse Fulfillment

To ask other readers questions about The Indie Author Revolution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Indie Author Revolution

Julianna
Dec 05, 2013 Julianna rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Indie Publishing Newbies
Reviewed for THC Reviews
When I saw The Indie Author Revolution available for review, I eagerly requested a copy, thinking it might be helpful to me in my journey toward indie publishing my first book. Unfortunately, after reading it, I find myself rather disappointed by it. For starters, the author seems to focus more on non-fiction books rather than fiction, which is what I write. Granted, a fair bit of the general information would apply to both genres, but a lot of the specific tips and advic
Grady
Oct 10, 2012 Grady rated it it was amazing
Secrets and solved mysteries on having success in self-publishing

One major difference in this self help book for those who are steeping into the current fad of self publishing is author Dara M. Beevas' approach to the writers who read her little golden book of information. This is not a step one step two step three how-to book, though Beevas does give specific information on various steps she considers important to teach. Instead, this is a book of motivation that informs the independent author
Mell Corcoran
Oct 20, 2012 Mell Corcoran rated it really liked it
Very informative. An excellent resource for anyone even contemplating self-publishing.
Alain Burrese
Dec 21, 2012 Alain Burrese rated it it was amazing
The publishing world is changing, in fact it’s changed, and will continue to change in the foreseeable future. And according to Dara M. Beevas, “It’s the age of the indie author.” In this new book, endorsed by self-publishing guru Dan Poynter, “The Indie Author Revolution: An Insider’s Guide to Self-Publishing,” sets forth a path for anyone with a desire to write and share their message to bypass agents and traditional publishers to go the self-publishing route.

While this book might not have eve
Lynda Coker
Dec 07, 2012 Lynda Coker rated it it was amazing
Every writer ponders the eternal question, to self-publish or not. If you're one of those people, you've probably already put a lot of time researching, questioning, and evaluating that information. Well, don't make that all-important decision before giving careful consideration to this book by author Dara M. Beevas.

First of all, we're reminded that just because we can do something, doesn't necessitate our doing it. Especially, if we haven't thoroughly prepared to tackle the challenge with dedic
Hanna Kjeldbjerg
Feb 05, 2013 Hanna Kjeldbjerg rated it it was amazing
They say don't judge a book by its cover, but in this case, the content of The Indie Author Revolution is just as vibrant and engaging as my first impression of the cover had me assume. Dara offers all the advice that you would expect from a self-publishing authority, but the book is not bogged down with dry information. I loved the strong (and occasionally sassy!) first-person "I" and engaging interior design. After finishing this book, I felt so much more capable of participating in the self-p ...more
Dan
Oct 21, 2012 Dan rated it it was amazing
In this age of self-publishing, here comes a book to help the independent author become successful. I tis filled with much information, from the through of going the self-publishing route to the editorial process (the author emphasizes the importance of hiring a professional to edit one’s book)., to designing the layout and cover to printing and marketing.

I found this book to very helpful and informative and will help anyone thinking off publishing their own book. And if you do it right, you oug
Amy Quale
Oct 03, 2012 Amy Quale rated it it was amazing
A fabulous guide to navigating the difficult world of self publishing! You can tell in the pages that Dara M. Beeves is truly passionate about self-publishing and the work she does with authors. Her all-encompassing guide provides thorough information and checklists for authors at any stage in the publishing process. Furthermore, Beevas doesn't mince words or hold anything back--she gives all the industry secrets she can, at the same time helping authors get in the right mindset to self publish ...more
Dorothy
Dec 30, 2012 Dorothy rated it it was amazing
I won this book through Good Reads. I haven't finished this book yet. I am interested in self publishing a book so I was very happy I won it. This book explains the ins and outs of self publishing. I didn't know there were different ways to self publish. I didn't understand which way was more expensive. Very happy I have a start with this book. Thanks.
J. II
Feb 28, 2013 J. II rated it really liked it
Packed with tons of information for new or aspiring authors. Also contains a thorough listing of resources that you can't place a price on if you're a "newbie" in the field.
Jenaya
Feb 10, 2013 Jenaya rated it liked it
It is a lot of good info, but sometimes its boring... But hey.. I am glad I read it!
Skarjune
Mar 23, 2015 Skarjune rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best books on the topic of self-publishing. Most authors think that uploading their Word doc to Amazon CreateSpace and forking over some money is how to get published. That's absolutely the wrong approach. Dara's years as an editor in the publishing world provides great insight on how the industry operates, how some things have changed, how some things are still the same.

Daisy Nguyen
Nov 16, 2013 Daisy Nguyen rated it it was amazing
Secrets to self-publishing and MORE. Written in an easy to read, easy to follow manner. Dara took and made something scary and unfamiliar seem easy and manageable in small chunks. I'm already taken the things I've learned into consideration as I plan and write my next book.
Becky
Jul 24, 2016 Becky rated it liked it
Not very helpful for fiction writers.
Katie Pierson
Katie Pierson rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2015
Siobhan
Siobhan rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2013
April Davis
April Davis rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2012
John
John rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2013
Sheila Jo
Sheila Jo rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2015
A. Wrighton
A. Wrighton rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2013
Sage Adderley
Sage Adderley rated it it was amazing
Dec 19, 2012
Katy Turner
Jan 07, 2014 Katy Turner rated it it was amazing
Chock full of info.
Mina Lobo
Mina Lobo rated it really liked it
May 13, 2013
Thomas Jr.
Thomas Jr. rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2014
Brittany
Brittany rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2014
Konnilaree Sanders
Konnilaree Sanders rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2016
Heather Kerber
Heather Kerber rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2014
Kevin Cannon
Kevin Cannon rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2013
Norma Campbell
Norma Campbell rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2013
Dara Beevas
Sep 17, 2012 Dara Beevas rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
  • Josiah for President: A Novel
  • The Black Rose (The Seven Stars, #2)
  • Direct Hits Toughest Vocabulary of the SAT
  • The Unveiling
  • Tomas
  • The Beggar's Opera (Inspector Ramírez, #1)
  • Not Your Mother's Book...On Dogs
  • Elihu Washburne : The Diary and Letters of America's Minister to France During the Siege and Commune of Paris
  • A Year on Your Path to Growth: Daily Inspirations to Reconnect with Your Soul
  • The Light and the Dark
  • What a Beast!: A Look-It-Up Guide to the Monsters and Mutants of Mythology
  • All in the Family: A Look-It-Up Guide to the In-Laws, Outlaws, and Offspring of Mythology
  • The Cooper's Wife Is Missing: The Trials Of Bridget Cleary
  • Dan Poynter's Self-Publishing Manual: How to Write, Print, and Sell Your Own Book
  • Real Simple 869 New Uses for Old Things: An Encyclopedia of Innovative Ideas for Everyday Items
  • This Is Not a Writing Manual: Notes for the Young Writer in the Real World
  • The Saeshell Book of Time, Part 1: The Death of Innocents (Children of Sophista, #1)
  • Dangerous Tease (Laytons #3)