Start by marking “Secret of the Big Easy” as Want to Read:

4.21  ·  Rating Details  ·  14 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Dr. Marie Bartek struggles to gain control over the new psychic abilities she encounters while attending a veterinarian conference in the French Quarter of New Orleans. These recent visions prompt her to work with local police and members of the Sullivan’s Island Paranormal Society team to help solve the succession of heinous satanic murders, while fighting against a demon ...more
Published July 1st 2012 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Secret of the Big Easy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secret of the Big Easy

Cryssy Matz
Dec 09, 2015 Cryssy Matz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Marie Bartek and the SIPS Team Book 2
By Robin Murphy
A Review
5/5

One day, upon opening my kindle, I discovered this book had mysteriously appeared. I’d never heard of the series or the author before, but I figured I would give it a try. This book is now seriously one of my favorites of the year!!!
This is so what I love to read… We have ghosts, demons, psychics, a mystery, and all set in gorgeous New Orleans during the Christmas Holidays.
As I said, this is the second book in
United Indie Book Blog
As I said, this is the second book in the series and I have not read number one (Sullivan’s Secret) but I did not need to.
Sahara Foley
This is the second book in Marie's side job as a paranormal investigator. Not having read the first story didn't impact my understanding of what transpired in this book. I love the paranormal and occult,, so I was looking forward to, what I hoped, would be a good story. And there couldn't have been a better setting then New Orleans, the home of Voodoo and static worshippers. Robin Murphy furnished some interesting details about New Orleans and the different types of satanic ceremonies.

My favori
Danielle Fulton
I have to say I definitely found this book to be better then the first in the series. The story taking place in NOLA was fun and all the dark and scary voodoo and Beelzebub shenanigans was creepy and fun to read. I still find the characters not as developed as they could be but it is a fun and interesting read. Though I must say I find Gale to be annoying, immature and way to dependent on alcohol they might need to do a intervention;)
I am very interested to read the next book.
Michelle Perry
This is book 2 of the SIPS team series and though I accidentally read it first, I found it was not hard to keep up with the story. Marie has discovered a new talent. By touching objects connected with spirits she can see the visions that they wish to share with her. In this novel, while visiting New Orleans, she is visited by several of the victims of what seems to be occult killings stretching back a number of years. This ended up being my favorite of the four books. The chemistry between to tw ...more
✫Jeri✫  Just Blog It Reviews
Secret of the Big Easy
(Marie Bartek and the SIPS Team Book 2)
Robin Murphy

3.5 Stars

*I received an ARC of this book from the author in exchange for my honest review*

Let me start by saying that book two was definitely better than book one. It happens like that sometimes. I feel like the storyline was more interesting and more involved. I liked that it was centered around the magic and atmosphere of New Orleans. It helped to create a dark and mystic feeling. Definitely evolved from the flatness of b
Robin Murphy
Jul 03, 2012 Robin Murphy rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: author
5 Star Rating by Brenda C from Reader's Favorite

"Secret of the Big Easy" has plenty going that grabs the reader's attention and keeps it until the final page. The suspense surrounding the murders that Marie is seeing in her visions is really first rate. Add to that the mystery of why the murders are taking place and you have a first rate story, but that is just the tip of the iceberg with this story, because there is so much more going on. There is the romance going on between Marie and her boyf
Ashley
Mar 11, 2015 Ashley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Secret of the Big Easy is a fantastic, riveting paranormal novel ! I love the characters, especially Marie. The plot itself is quite intriguing and delightfully well written. I love the attention to detail throughout the novel and even though this is the second book in the series, it can be read as a standalone.

A great read for paranormal lovers !

Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Angelica Berglund
Angelica Berglund marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
Lindsey
Lindsey rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Sally Witt
Sally Witt marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2015
Muddie Mud
Muddie Mud marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2015
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2015
aem
aem marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2015
Zach Abrams
Zach Abrams marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2015
Jessica & Bruce
Jessica & Bruce rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2015
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2015
Wordsl Dreamsl
Wordsl Dreamsl marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2015
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
J.M. Northup
J.M. Northup marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Pam Smith
Pam Smith marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
Shelley
Shelley marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Nathalia Leboeuf
Nathalia Leboeuf marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Robin Murphy was born in the small coal mining town of Windber, Pennsylvania and remembers a wonderful childhood with her parents and two older brothers.

She has worked in the administrative field over the last thirty years and has gained a wealth of knowledge and experience. She is currently employed as an Administrative Associate at Shepherd University in Shepherdstown, West Virginia.

Robin has
More about Robin Murphy...