Start by marking “Emerald Desire” as Want to Read:
Emerald Desire

Emerald Desire (The Emerald Trilogy #1)

She was married to another man and had promised fidelity, but her body honored no such promise. . .

As wild and beautiful as the Irish countryside, Dera Brennan knew from the first that Quint Flannery was the only man she would ever love. Ignoring her family's warnings, she gave herself to Quint with passionate abandon. He was hers and hers alone until she found him in a

Published January 12th 1985 by Banner of Truth (first published January 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Emerald Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Emerald Desire

Judy
Jan 18, 2014 Judy rated it did not like it
After checking out the the brief book description, I was looking forward to reading this book. About 1/3 of the way into the book, I knew it wasn't my type of book but decided to go ahead and finish it so I could write a review.

Background: Dera Brennan's mother was a beautiful girl who left Ireland to go to England when she was a young woman and eventually became the mistress of an English aristocrat. She wasn't particularly nice to Dera and when Dera asked who her father was, her mother told he
Samantha
I am sorry for the following review, but I need to be honest.
I. Hated. This. Book.
The writing was wonderful; the story was horrifying.
Throughout the entire novel, Dera was objectified because of her beauty. Nearly every man in the story acted like he had a right to touch her. She was slut-shamed. She was abused and assaulted. She was raped. She was accused of being "a tease" and seducing the men with her looks, when she was simply being a person. But were any of THESE issues addressed? No. Inste
Fre06 Begum
Jul 14, 2014 Fre06 Begum rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: awfyl
One of worst unrepentant cheating "hero" I have read and trust me I have read quite a few!
Sandy Frediani
Unable to finish.
Andrea
Jul 12, 2014 Andrea rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was better than expected.3 1/2 stars

so it was ok.Didn't really know what to expect with this book. Never heard of the author or the series. The story was told well and it moved at a steady pace .No drawn out dramatics which was refreshing.

I had a hard time liking Dera .She was very submissive through out the whole book. She goes through many trials that mature her and while I don't agree with most of the decisions she made she never faltered when it came to protecting or helping the ones she lov
Natalya
Oct 15, 2013 Natalya rated it liked it
Shelves: nook
Almost abandoned this book since the characters were so unlikable in the beginning, his behavior was fanatical and abhorrent, she was a pushover, everyone who surrounded them had some kind of a problem. And, there were 649 pages of this to dubuously look forward to. However, it picks up in Part II when Quint becomes more remorseful and less sociopathic, although another character picks up that particular trait with alacrity. What I did like about it was how imperfect their lives were - the grim ...more
Dansaremm
While I had high hopes in the beginning, there were so many quick changes in direction, I feel as though I have whiplash. There were so many times I had to back up and re-read just to keep up with the story line. It just did not flow well, and I had no idea where it would end up next. Very disappointing.
Roxy the Fury
Rollercoaster Ride

I don't want to dislike Dera because I realize her character was naive and times were different it goodness gracious she slept with everyone! Intriguing storyline. Lots of ups and downs. I don't know that I can recommend because of all the infuriating I hate her, he hates me, I love her, I love him. Not a bad read but very emotionally draining.
S.E. Nelson
Jul 20, 2014 S.E. Nelson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book very much. I couldn't put it down. Quint and Dera's love was captivating. As different as there were, they were meant to be together. I couldn't wait to read the next book.
Lynn
Aug 15, 2015 Lynn rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Nope. Sexy romance? Maybe. The characters were VERY unlikeable. Great romance? No! Quint was a pig! He finds his true love and continues to sleep around with anything in a skirt. Please do not read this book.
Cc
Jan 28, 2017 Cc rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF. Please, love story? Seriously? This author needs to look up what "love" means. Just because they make up in the last couple of pages doesn't make this a romance. Truth in advertising is important. Next.
Samantha
Aug 30, 2015 Samantha rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, free-kindle
This wasn't bad. I skipped over most of the love scenes because that's not my thing. I did get a little tired of all the obstacles they had to go thru to be together. Geesh.
Kh
Jul 16, 2014 Kh rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
if I could give zero stars, I would. poorly written, dragged on and on...no romance. their relationship is totally unhealthy and abusive. don't waste your time.
Louiseann Walter
Spellbinding

I couldn't put this book down just purchased two and if as good as this one I will purchase three. Love always finds a way even if with obstacles put in the way.
Kristin Cahill
Kristin Cahill rated it did not like it
Feb 26, 2015
Shirley Savarese
Shirley Savarese rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2015
Mary
Mary rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2014
Christine
Christine rated it it was ok
Jan 20, 2015
Shirley Sudhoff`
Shirley Sudhoff` rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2015
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2014
Kathleen McNulty
Kathleen McNulty rated it liked it
Jun 06, 2015
Natalie
Natalie rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2015
Peggy
Peggy rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2015
Dmh28
Dmh28 rated it it was ok
Nov 24, 2014
Kristin Duffy
Kristin Duffy rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2014
Nichole Durham
Nichole Durham rated it did not like it
Jan 31, 2015
Patricia
Patricia rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2013
Tristin
Tristin rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2012
Liz Williams
Liz Williams rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2016
Fins
Fins rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Mandy
  • The Captive
  • An Earl Like No Other
  • The High Sheriff of Huntingdon
  • The Bride Price (An African Romance, #1)
  • Tennessee Waltz (Homespun Hearts #1)
  • Chicago's Headmistress
  • The Mistress of Trevelyan (Trevelyan #1)
  • Alma's Mail Order Husband (Texas Brides #1)
  • Never Call It Love
  • GRINGA - In the Clutches of a Ruthless Drug-Lord (#4)
  • The Spellbound Spirit (The Curious Collectibles #2)
  • Once Upon a Christmas Carol
  • Safer Outside (Outside Series #1)
  • Captive Bride
  • Neverland Academy
  • Gideon's Secondhand Bride (Six Brides for Six Gideons, #1)
  • The Defiant Governess (Lessons in Love, #1)
Born in New Orleans, Louisiana, I have always been intrigued by the history of the city and the south. New Orleans is unique, there is no other place like it and once you’ve lived there, you can never forget the sights, sounds and smells of the city. I am also intrigued by other countries, especially Ireland and England, probably because my ancestors were born there. So, I feel it is only natural ...more
More about Lynette Vinet...

The Emerald Trilogy (3 books)
  • Emerald Enchantment