Start by marking “Having My Baby” as Want to Read:
Having My Baby

Having My Baby

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  2,081 ratings  ·  172 reviews
"Mr. Baylor," the officer said, "have you ever met either of these women?"

Derrick's mind was numb, but somehow he managed to say, "No. Never."

"You're making the ladies nervous, and truthfully, you've got me wondering too--what is your business with this woman?"

Derrick pried his gaze from the woman's stomach and raised his eyes to hers. "She's having my baby."

Growing up, Ji...more
Published June 1st 2012 by Createspace (first published April 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Having My Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Having My Baby

Anne OK
What a fortunate find and a freebie, too! Call me crazy but the cover first drew my attention and, after reading the descriptive blurb, I one-clicked.

This is the story of an NFL football player who, before he became rich and famous, sold his sperm for much needed money. Later, of course, he changes his mind but a mix up occurred with his paperwork resulting in a pregnancy. Somewhere out there Sperm Recipient 3516A is pregnant with Derrick Baylor’s baby and he’s determined to find said recipient...more
Fred
Apr 24, 2012 Fred rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Linda Kage
Shelves: romance
This is a fun fast read with two great MC's who will have you shaking your head at their stubborn self-defeating silliness, even as you are reveling in their irresistible attraction. I am super appreciative that Theresa Ragan made this available for free last Friday, thank you! I'm honestly feeling kind of guilty about taking advantage of that, that's how good this is!

MC Jill is pregnant (see cover for clue alert) as our story opens. Her ex-boyfriend, Thomas the Weasel, left her standing at the...more
Karla
Fabulous freebie! I picked this up on a whim. I have other books from this author that have gotten some good ratings...all free at one time too...so I checked it out. I intend on reading all of them...after reading this little gem today.

When I read the blurb for the story, I thought this sounds ridiculous, so I clicked on "read the sample", because I'm so overwhelmed with books, I didn't want to add another one, just for the sake of getting it for free. I sampled, and needed more right away. I...more
✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿

I like the story. I'm just not sure if I can say the same for both of the main characters.

Don't get me wrong, I was really set to finishing this book because the premise of sperm-donation is quite new to me. I mean, I have read something like this once or twice from Harlequin, but never in this length. It's too bad that i found the characters quite annoying and stubborn.

Derrick is a football player who was once upon a time paid to have his sperm donated. Jill is a recently-heartbroken...more
Fanny

Cuando empece a leer este libro pense que seria una historia mas corta, el libro me gusto pero hubieron partes en las que se me hizo un poco lento y tedioso.
Jill fue un personaje que me gusto mucho, y en muchas ocasiones me identifique con ella, me parecio que era una protagonista muy bien hecha y la autora hace un maravilloso trabajo creando un personaje tan real.
Derrick fue un protagonista que en momentos amaba y con el que me reia mucho y en otras ocasiones queria ahorcarlo, me sacaba de quic...more
Ann ♣*•..•*´`*•.Keep calm & READ.•*´`*•.¸
*´¨)
¸.· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸¸.·4.5 stars

Bueno, me gustó mucho la historia, porque bueno, de verdad me puse a pensar que era un caso de uno en un millón que un padre se sienta tan responsable por un niño al que no ayudó en nada a procrear.

Jill Garrison una joven mujer, que después de ser humillada por su ex-prometido dejándola plantada en un altar, y siempre siendo mangoneada por sus padres decide cambiar su rumbo y "revelarse".
Al principio, su cita con la compañía de fertilización estaba en...more
Tia
When the heroine was left at the alter by a man she thought she loved, she didn't cry, she didn't freak out. She moved and went to a cryogenic bank to get pregnant because all she's wanted in her life is a baby of her very own.

When the hero got the notice his sperm was being used for a client, he freaked out. Eighteen months ago he sent the bank notice that he wanted his sample destroyed. Now he needs to find the woman who may be the mother of his child.

Upon the hero and heroine meeting, everyt...more
Sophia T. (♥ Dimitri Belikov)
"Mr. Baylor, have you ever met either of these women?”

“No. Never.”

“You’re making the ladies nervous, and truthfully, you’ve got me wondering too—what is your business with this woman?”

“She’s having my baby.”

All Jill Garrison ever wanted was to become a mother. Unfortunately, her fiancé can't have children so when he leaves her at the alter Jill can't but speed up her dream. And so she does. Finding a company is easy, but having a real baby isn't as easy as she thought..

Derrick Baylor has always...more
Jacqueline
Cute story. I liked the hero, Derrick, better than the heroine, Jill, but that may have been because the heroine was not as well developed. The hero's large family was one of the strengths of the book. There were some very predictable elements in the book. How do you prove someone is kind and a worthwhile human being? Have them rescue a dog of course and the nastier looking and more ill behaved the better. So overdone in romances. I did like how the hero had other stuff going on in his life and...more
Kellie G.
Such an adorable read. Really enjoyed the unique storyline. Not super steamy, but romantic & emotional. Loved the characters! Would love it if Derrick's siblings got follow up books. Definitely plan to read more by this author.
JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
This book is excellent! I truly wish more people knew about it. It is a unique story of how love finds two people and brings them together. I would recommend it to everyone who wants to read a sweet love story.
Kat
Jill Garrison desde que era una niña ha querido desesperadamente ser madre, así que cuando su prometido, quien no puede concebir, la planta en el altar avergonzandola delante de su familia y amigos, decide seguir el plan de su vida: Tener un hijo.

Así se encuentra con CryoCorp, una compañia donde se dona semen de calidad, y con la alegría de haber concebido tan deprisa nunca espero conocer al donante y padre su hijo. Así que, cuando él se presenta alegando querer estar al lado de hijo y madre, ¿
Karen
Having My Baby was such a fun and easy read. I find that sometimes I am in the mood for a book where I can put the cruise control on and settle in to enjoy the ride. This for me was one of those books. It kept my attention, was sweet and funny. I thoroughly enjoyed this and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a fun and romantic read.
Kara Parks
I loved this love but I would have liked to have seen it left more open end so we could read more from the Baylors
Heather
I loved, loved, loved this book. Needing money and desperate, Derrick donates some of his sperm for money but later gives the money back with a letter that he doesn't want his sperm used and wishes it was destroyed knowing that he could never live life knowing that he had a child out in the world. Later, he gets a letter stating that a recipient has chose his sperm. Of course, he needs to find this women so he could know for sure if he does have a child on the way. He does end up finding Jill an...more
Haren Riett
I soooo totally loved the book..though it was quite a journey to reach to the intensity of the story, but it twas absolutely quite the wait..i absolutely recommend the book..
Such a page turner and mind you, i was teary eyed when i read this..i cant crybecause my famz near me.so i just laugh at the funny scenes. I wasteary eyed becausei totally felt what the characters felt, most especially Jill. Being such a proper lady, following every commands of her parents really got to me and also derrick w...more
Maqluba
Now THIS is how you write a baby-by-mistake chick lit! Reading them (the other being Baby, Oh Baby! ) back to back I can definitely say I liked this one more and I think it's because this one felt a little more real, rather than a forced chaos-infused situation. The heroine was more down-to-earth and had a smart head on her shoulder (even when she's hormonal lol), and she had me on her side all the way. The hero wasn't as arrogant or selfish as other sports-themed heroes would be in this situati...more
Haley
Although I liked the main story line, there were too many side characters. 2 friends, 4 parents, about 10 siblings plus their significant others, an ex, the dog, the doctor, and two kids. There were 2 secondary love stories that weren't that interesting. It was all too much. I put the book down for a day or two and couldn't remember who Zoey and Conner and Hank were when I came back. I understand she wanted to show rich lives for the characters but it was just crazy. It really detracted from the...more
J.M. Stone
I really liked this story, it was very cute and really pulled on my heartstrings! Derrick is somewhat misguided in his own mind when it comes to love, but he's not letting Jill get away because she's having his baby! Jill pissed me off a few times by pushing Derrick away when he was only trying to help, but for the most part, I loved the characters. All of them are very likeable, and the author does a really good job connecting the reader with them. I have to admit that I teared up at one part b...more
Amafle
Tiene todo lo que me gusta de un libro de su estilo, la dosis perfecta de pasión, la cantidad exacta de tonterías y un argumento bien desarrollado que me atrapó desde el principio, y por si no fuera poco es todo romántico, tierno y tonto, un libro hermoso que me encantoooooo
Brenda
Laqua
El punto de partida de la historia es original, me gustó eso.
Se lee rápido y es ameno. Deja un buen sabor en la boca.

Los puntos positivísimos del libro:
*La familia de Derrick: ¡me encantó! Están bien delineados a pesar de no ser secundarios principales la mayoría. Cómo describe el ambiente en la casa de los padres, la relación entre los hermanos: con sus códigos, sus buenas y sus malas, ¡hasta los comentarios entrometidos!
*Lexie: ¡una divina total! Y juro que conozco a una nenita así :D
*El matr...more
Wyrdness
I liked this as the completely light and fluffy thing that it was with a guaranteed HEA, but it was a completely unbelievable romance. It wasn't quite insta-love, but it was pretty darn close.

There were things that were complete fantasy in this, such as Jill wearing her pre-pregnancy clothing and thongs 2 weeks after giving birth, shrugging off postpartum depression after a single full nights sleep, dating and having sex 3 weeks after birth, a baby who sleeps the entire night through without cry...more
Shauna
Cute enough for a light read, but plot/characters were too unbelievable for me to fully enjoy it. Was I the only one that was bugged that this woman was wearing thong panties 2 weeks after having a baby and "getting it on" with the guy 3 weeks postpartum? Anyone who has every given birth would have a difficult time swallowing either of those scenarios. I did enjoy Derrick's big family...it's the kind of family anyone would want to marry into!
Anaïs
4 out of 5 Stars for this cute story!

Derrick Baylor's life changes the moment he receives a letter from the Spermbank, informing him he made one of their customers very happy by giving the gift of life. Except that he had ordered the bank to destroy his sperm ages ago!

Coming from a big family full of love, he is determined to track the "customer" aka Jill Garrison down because he can't have the baby growing up without a father. However, little did he know that he'll find much more than just a pr...more
Karmin Villarreal
Esta novela en particular me encantó, me pareció una historia muy realista, plenamente centrada en el tema de la donación de esperma.
Los protagonistas me parecieron muy maduros, además de sentirme muy identificada con ellos.
Y a pesar de que no estoy acostumbrada a este tipo de historias logró engancharme fácilmente y durante toda la historia logró sacarme un par de carcajadas.
Creo que el fallo básicamente en esta historia fue la indecisión de los protagonistas en algunas ocasiones, puesto que m...more
Cyndi
Nancy
I did enjoy the premise of this story but it failed to deliver a believable romance. The heart was missing in this story. Most of the characters were unlikeable and I didn't feel attached to any of them. I kept reading to the end, so there was something there to keep me interested but I just felt this story lacked real emotion.
Marie
oh so adorable. Theresa Ragan is my new favourite author! Her writing makes me so into the book. No part of the book was ever boring nor did I think about skipping a page or two (which what I usually do these days). I always enjoy baby stories! Jill and Derrick are cute together. I finished it in a day.
ies
Sukaaaa..... tumben2nan ini ceritanya rada2 greget hehehe

di heronya masih bingung suka sama temen masa kecilnya yg sudah menjadi tunangan sodaranya atau ibu anaknya :D

dan si heroine jg ya meski suka sama hero tp jg kaga berusaha ngeyakinin si, lebih ke "kl lo kaga yakin ama gw ya sudah" dan kaga pake acara nangis2 dan tarik ulur.. toh, die jg populer hehehehe

HEA si untungnya ^^
Kadar Hot? kaga hot sama sekali si gw baca #dtendang kaga gt dibahas, lebih ke ngurusin baby.. awww gw pengen baby **...more
  • Baby, Oh Baby!
  • Boardroom Baby Surprise
  • His Secret Temptation
  • The Right to Remain Mine
  • Chloe's Donor
  • More Than One Night
  • Rules of the Game
  • Blame it on Texas (Lone Star Cowboys #1)
  • Their Newborn Gift (Outback Baby Tales, #3)
  • The Heir from Nowhere
  • The Billionaire's Pregnant Mistress (Petronides Brothers Duo #1 & Greek Tycoons #4)
  • Smooth Irish (Weldon, #2)
  • Scandal: Unclaimed Love-Child
  • Bound To You
  • Amazon Lily
  • At Long Odds (Caspian Chronicles, #1)
  • Love Me Knots
  • What Mattered Most
I was pregnant with my fourth and last child when I read my very first romance novel, A Knight in Shining Armor by Jude Deveraux. I knew instantly that I wanted to write romance novels as a career. Being taken away to another world for a few hours was just what I needed. I took five years to write my first medieval time travel, Return of the Rose. I have written more than a dozen novels since then...more
More about Theresa Ragan...
Taming Mad Max An Offer He Can't Refuse Return of the Rose Finding Kate Huntley A Knight in Central Park