Start by marking “Madame President” as Want to Read:
Madame President

Madame President (How I Survived Middle School #2)

4.27  ·  Rating Details ·  2,139 Ratings  ·  60 Reviews
Best-selling author Nancy Krulik delves into the mind of a twelve-year-old girl trying to survive middle school.

Jenny McAfee never thought of herself as a leader, but then again, Jenny had also never thought that her best friend, Addie Wilson, would ditch her for the Pops-- the most popular kids in school.

When Jenny's friends hear that Addie is running unopposed for sixth
Published June 1st 2007 by Scholastic

Ariana
May 05, 2012 Ariana rated it really liked it
Close friends may argue and make up within a few days, but some just breaks off their relationship. To make things worse, they become enemies, Coincidently there are two girls that are like this in the book, Madame President. From the best of friends to enemies. Madame President is an amazing book because the author portrays a competitive school life between two former friends, creates a dramatic conflict, and wonderfully obnoxious self-centered antagonists.
One reason why Madame President, is
Rebekah Henschen
Nov 02, 2012 Rebekah Henschen rated it it was amazing
Lola
Jul 30, 2011 Lola rated it liked it
I actually enjoyed the How I Survived Middle School series, but I do have one particular problem with the premise of Madame President. Fiction always gives a lot of power to the class president. It's basically the portrayal of student government administration of schools want you to think is true, but in reality I have never known a student body president to actually have any power. They give speeches at assemblies and field day, and maybe they have some say in dance themes, but ultimately the ...more
Mellanie C
Mar 05, 2017 Mellanie C rated it really liked it
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Jessica
Feb 28, 2017 Jessica rated it it was amazing
I really like this book and because her friend is so popular and she doesn't care about her friend anymore when they get together for something, she tells her popular friend off about the posters and the way she has been acting. I like that she finally stood up for herself and tells her friend that she is officially done with her.
Fatima A
Feb 14, 2017 Fatima A rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is about 2 girls who have been best friends since grade school and they are both ready to start middle school together! Jenny (which is the main charter here) has been best friends with her very best friend Addie. She was so exited to start middle school with her best friends in till the first day comes and Addie her best friend is already different in some type of way. Anyway as you get farther into the book they both decide to run for president and both are in a rush to be president ...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Sally Kruger, aka "Readingjunky" for TeensReadToo.com

Jenny McAfee and her new friends have survived the first few weeks of middle school. It is time to choose their extracurricular activities, which means showing up in the cafeteria after school to sign up for the after-school clubs. There is always a mad rush to get signed up before the `Club Filled' sign goes up on each table. Jenny has no idea which club would be the right one for her until Rachel and Felicia encourage her to join
Shonda
May 24, 2009 Shonda rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2009
It's time to sign up for the after-school clubs. Jenny's friends all know which club they want to join, but Jenny is still undecided. When her friends learn Addie, Jenny's former BFF, is running unopposed for sixth grade class president, they convince Jenny to run against her.

When Addie and the other Pops, AKA Popular, make promises to only the students who vote for her, Jenny's friends decide to come up with a few schemes of their own. When Jenny prevents them from moving forward with their pla
Mbustamante
Oct 20, 2011 Mbustamante rated it it was amazing
Its club sign up day and Jenny hasnt decided in which club she will be in. Her friends told her to run for 6th grade president against Addie Wilson(one of the Pops). Its time to start with the campaing and Jenny makes sugar cookies. Jenny thinks everyone is voting for her. Jenny makes a really good speech in which she includes that she is one of everyone and she wants to make the school a better place. Jenny wins the election for 10 votes and Addie becomes her vice-president. I really loved this ...more
Christine (KizzieReads)
This is the second book in this middle grade series and I thought it was great. It shows how 6 graders act and it is also a book about friendships, staying true to yourself as well as how to take the moral high ground, even if it means you lose out on something. It might not always be the happiest choice, but it is the right one. I think all kids should read these books.
Elizabeth
Mar 14, 2012 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book. It is about Jenny McAffee joining to be a candidate to be Sixth Grade Represtative against Addie Wilson. All of Jenny's friends wanted her to do it so she could take the Pops down and in the end Jenny won the election, with Addie as Vice President. It is a MUST READ!
Jessica
This book is very interesting it's about a girl and her best friend who is not her best friend now ditched her to be with the pops "Popular" Girls. She see's that her friend is signing up for being in the Student Concil and the only one of she is going to win. The main Character doesn't want to let the pops rule the whole school so she joins. Does she win or the pop gets to rule the school!?
Brianna
Mar 30, 2010 Brianna rated it it was amazing
This has sssssooooo much drama that it keeps the book interesting! That's exactly what I like about it!

P.S. To Pooja It doesn't matter if it can happen or not because you probably don't even know!
Mavia cheema
Sep 06, 2010 Mavia cheema rated it really liked it
This story is about when jenny runs for class president.Then finds out that Addie is running for president too.They do not know what to do because they know that Addie's going to win.Come and help them.
Sophia
Nov 02, 2011 Sophia rated it really liked it
This book is so cute, and I'm glad that Jenny stays down-to-earth through all this drama.
The story is kind of unrealistic though, I mean, eleven year olds aren't that catty, and I have yet to meet an eleven year old similar to a Pop.
A good read if you're 10-13 years old.
Taylor
Dec 15, 2007 Taylor rated it it was amazing
Shelves: already-read
My friend Weezie recomended this book to me and she said that it is a fantastic book... As you can see I did not put in a date I read this book or the day that I will read this book... Well if anyone reads this book I hope u like it...

Thank's!!!!!
Pooja Dimba
Jun 29, 2009 Pooja Dimba rated it it was ok
This book was average.
The plot is very old and sometimes a little to unrealistic.
They make it seem as though middle school is very hard, and middle school election for stuff don't happen like that.
Nessa
Jan 11, 2013 Nessa rated it it was ok
I didnt like this one bit, i stoped readint the series after this. I mean, her bff betrayed her and she is still treating her like a bff??? Krulik needs to learn how middle school works, its not nice, its a dog eat dog situation.
Elissa
Sep 29, 2007 Elissa rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
A little young for upper middle school...better for 4-6th graders.
Alondra
Jun 05, 2015 Alondra rated it it was amazing
Reread these books way too much in elementary lol. Still an old fav. :D
Kaylin
Nov 27, 2013 Kaylin rated it it was amazing
These are my fav. books. I love them. The author describes great details on what happens during the election and before the election in the book.
Kaitlyn
Nov 07, 2008 Kaitlyn rated it it was amazing
This is the second sequel to Nancy's first book.
Mika
Jun 28, 2012 Mika rated it it was amazing
I'm still reading it again. After many times of reading it for a few years, the book doesn't really get old...
Reekiat
Apr 09, 2010 Reekiat rated it it was amazing
i should always be myself
Princess
Cool!
Lizka Bruklinsk
ннннннуннунунунунун
Sabrina
it was a really good book
Afifa
Feb 25, 2012 Afifa rated it it was ok
After reading the first book I was hoping this one would be just as good( 3 stars) even better mabye. But its not. The best I could give this book was 2 stars......
  • Callie For President (Candy Apple #9)
  • Confessions of a Bitter Secret Santa (Candy Apple #13)
  • The Sister Switch (Candy Apple #11)
  • Accidentally Friends (Accidentally, #4; Candy Apple #20)
  • Making Waves (Candy Apple #10)
  • The Sweetheart Deal (Candy Apple Special Edition, #1)
  • Totally Crushed (Candy Apple #7)
  • Miss Popularity (Miss Popularity #1; Candy Apple #3)
  • The Babysitting Wars (Candy Apple #6)
  • Juicy Gossip (Candy Apple #19)
  • The Boy Next Door (Candy Apple #2)
  • My Last Best Friend (Friends for Keeps, #1)
  • Miss Fortune (Poison Apple #3)
  • Midnight Howl (Poison Apple #5)
  • The Against Taffy Sinclair Club (Taffy Sinclair, #1)
  • The More, The Merrier (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #8)
Nancy Krulik is the author of more than 100 books for children and young adults, including three New York Times bestsellers. She is best known, however, for being the author and creator of the Katie Kazoo Switcheroo book series, which has brought her to the attention of second, third, and fourth graders nationwide.

Nancy has also written extensively for teens and is well known as a biographer of Ho
More about Nancy E. Krulik...

How I Survived Middle School (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Can You Get An F In Lunch? (How I Survived Middle School, #1)
  • I Heard A Rumor (How I Survived Middle School, #3)
  • The New Girl (How I Survived Middle School, #4)
  • Cheat Sheet (How I Survived Middle School, #5)
  • P.S. I Really Like You (How I Survived Middle School, #6)
  • Who's Got Spirit? (How I Survived Middle School, #7)
  • It's All Downhill From Here (How I Survived Middle School, #8)
  • Caught In The Web (How I Survived Middle School, #9)
  • Into The Woods (How I Survived Middle School, #10)
  • Wish Upon A Star (How I Survived Middle School, #11)