Start by marking “Madame President” as Want to Read:
Madame President

Madame President (How I Survived Middle School #2)

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  1,763 ratings  ·  53 reviews
Best-selling author Nancy Krulik delves into the mind of a twelve-year-old girl trying to survive middle school.

Jenny McAfee never thought of herself as a leader, but then again, Jenny had also never thought that her best friend, Addie Wilson, would ditch her for the Pops-- the most popular kids in school.

When Jenny's friends hear that Addie is running unopposed for sixth
Published June 1st 2007 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Madame President, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Madame President

Dork Diaries by Rachel Renée RussellDouble Dork Diaries by Rachel Renée RussellSkating Sensation by Rachel Renée RussellDork Diaries by Rachel Renée RussellThe Dork Diaries Collection by Rachel Renée Russell
7th grade
9th out of 143 books — 66 voters
Charlotte's Web by E.B. WhiteWhere the Wild Things Are by Maurice SendakNo, David! by David ShannonAn Elephant Is On My House by Othen Donald Dale CummingsSeven Wonders Of The World by Anna Othitis
Books I Don't Mind Reading My Kids.....
326th out of 411 books — 378 voters

More lists with this book...

Ariana
Close friends may argue and make up within a few days, but some just breaks off their relationship. To make things worse, they become enemies, Coincidently there are two girls that are like this in the book, Madame President. From the best of friends to enemies. Madame President is an amazing book because the author portrays a competitive school life between two former friends, creates a dramatic conflict, and wonderfully obnoxious self-centered antagonists.
One reason why Madame President, is
Rebekah Henschen
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Sally Kruger, aka "Readingjunky" for TeensReadToo.com

Jenny McAfee and her new friends have survived the first few weeks of middle school. It is time to choose their extracurricular activities, which means showing up in the cafeteria after school to sign up for the after-school clubs. There is always a mad rush to get signed up before the `Club Filled' sign goes up on each table. Jenny has no idea which club would be the right one for her until Rachel and Felicia encourage her to join
Shonda
It's time to sign up for the after-school clubs. Jenny's friends all know which club they want to join, but Jenny is still undecided. When her friends learn Addie, Jenny's former BFF, is running unopposed for sixth grade class president, they convince Jenny to run against her.

When Addie and the other Pops, AKA Popular, make promises to only the students who vote for her, Jenny's friends decide to come up with a few schemes of their own. When Jenny prevents them from moving forward with their pla
Skye Lockhart
Lol I read these books back when I was in middle school. I was obsessed! I loved it because it actually related to middle school. Even for a middle school book it's pretty good.
Hannah
Even though this is the second book in the series, it's probably one of my favorites (other than "I Heard A Rumor"). The whole running-for-student-government-so-that-middle-school-royalty-can't-take-over is just something so predictable, but all the fancy stuff that happens in the book (like Chloe growing paranoid about Josh being a spy) just makes it a fun but at the same time, kind of thought-provoking book. I'm not sure if this ever happens with anyone else, but even if you gave me a picture ...more
Shivani
I LOOOOVEEEE THIS BOOK BUT THOIS DANG WEBSITE WONT LET ME READ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mbustamante
Its club sign up day and Jenny hasnt decided in which club she will be in. Her friends told her to run for 6th grade president against Addie Wilson(one of the Pops). Its time to start with the campaing and Jenny makes sugar cookies. Jenny thinks everyone is voting for her. Jenny makes a really good speech in which she includes that she is one of everyone and she wants to make the school a better place. Jenny wins the election for 10 votes and Addie becomes her vice-president. I really loved this ...more
Yuki T
I really need to read this series to survive U.S middle school!
Jessica
This book is very interesting it's about a girl and her best friend who is not her best friend now ditched her to be with the pops "Popular" Girls. She see's that her friend is signing up for being in the Student Concil and the only one of she is going to win. The main Character doesn't want to let the pops rule the whole school so she joins. Does she win or the pop gets to rule the school!?
Elizabeth
I really enjoyed reading this book. It is about Jenny McAffee joining to be a candidate to be Sixth Grade Represtative against Addie Wilson. All of Jenny's friends wanted her to do it so she could take the Pops down and in the end Jenny won the election, with Addie as Vice President. It is a MUST READ!
Sophia
This book is so cute, and I'm glad that Jenny stays down-to-earth through all this drama.
The story is kind of unrealistic though, I mean, eleven year olds aren't that catty, and I have yet to meet an eleven year old similar to a Pop.
A good read if you're 10-13 years old.
Taylor
My friend Weezie recomended this book to me and she said that it is a fantastic book... As you can see I did not put in a date I read this book or the day that I will read this book... Well if anyone reads this book I hope u like it...

Thank's!!!!!
Nessa
I didnt like this one bit, i stoped readint the series after this. I mean, her bff betrayed her and she is still treating her like a bff??? Krulik needs to learn how middle school works, its not nice, its a dog eat dog situation.
Rachel
Again, I LUV THIS BOOK! Its the 3rd best in the series of like 6. Its about a middle school election. Really its about Popular vs. Non Popular. Will popular prevail or will the non popular people take the stage?
Mavia cheema
This story is about when jenny runs for class president.Then finds out that Addie is running for president too.They do not know what to do because they know that Addie's going to win.Come and help them.
Brianna
This has sssssooooo much drama that it keeps the book interesting! That's exactly what I like about it!

P.S. To Pooja It doesn't matter if it can happen or not because you probably don't even know!
Pooja Dimba
This book was average.
The plot is very old and sometimes a little to unrealistic.
They make it seem as though middle school is very hard, and middle school election for stuff don't happen like that.
Kathleen Crocker
This book is absolutely retarded. I hate it, but I started it so I can't just stop reading it. It's horrible, I would NEVER reccomend such a horrible book to anybody, even to a person I hate.
Mahathi
i liked this one ebtter than the previous one. i dont know why but i felt there was a little more to this book than the previous one. thats it for this book.probabaly wont read twice though.
Princess
it is ok
Afifa
After reading the first book I was hoping this one would be just as good( 3 stars) even better mabye. But its not. The best I could give this book was 2 stars......
✮XyXy✮
The plot is pretty unrealistic...
They act older than they really are. It should be "How I survived High School."
It's just advertising www.middleschoolsurvival.com.
™yourbeautifulnightmaree™
Aug 20, 2007 ™yourbeautifulnightmaree™ rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone in middle school or going into as in 6th grade and up
I learned that do stuff for your own purpose not just to beat someone. If you try your hardest at it you might just win them over anyways!+be a good friend!
Kaylin
These are my fav. books. I love them. The author describes great details on what happens during the election and before the election in the book.
Jenna
In this book, Jenny takes a risk and goes up against her arch enemy in pursuit of president. Who will win, Jenny or the snobby popular girl?
Meghan249
The popular,snobby Addie and nice,friendly Jenny compete to be president of the sixh.In the end,Addie...you'll have to find out!!
Cynthia
This is a great book i read it last year and it is a true teenage book! that's right so if you like drama this is a perfect fit!
Katelyn
I guess I like the whole series. I liked this book even though its small becase it has competition.it's nice and fun.
Annie
It was a great book it. It was like the first one so if you liked and read the first one you will like the second one.
  • The Sister Switch (Candy Apple #11)
  • Callie For President (Candy Apple #9)
  • Confessions of a Bitter Secret Santa (Candy Apple #13)
  • Making Waves (Candy Apple #10)
  • Accidentally Friends (Accidentally, #4; Candy Apple #20)
  • Totally Crushed (Candy Apple #7)
  • The Sweetheart Deal (Candy Apple Special Edition, #1)
  • The Babysitting Wars (Candy Apple #6)
  • Juicy Gossip (Candy Apple #19)
  • Miss Popularity (Miss Popularity #1; Candy Apple #3)
  • My Last Best Friend
  • The Boy Next Door (Candy Apple #2)
  • Miss Fortune (Poison Apple #3)
  • This Totally Bites! (Poison Apple #2)
  • Midnight Howl (Poison Apple #5)
  • The More, The Merrier (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #8)
Nancy Krulik is the author of more than 100 books for children and young adults, including three New York Times bestsellers. She is best known, however, for being the author and creator of the Katie Kazoo Switcheroo book series, which has brought her to the attention of second, third, and fourth graders nationwide.

Nancy has also written extensively for teens and is well known as a biographer of Ho
More about Nancy E. Krulik...

How I Survived Middle School (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Can You Get An F In Lunch? (How I Survived Middle School, #1)
  • I Heard A Rumor (How I Survived Middle School, #3)
  • The New Girl (How I Survived Middle School, #4)
  • Cheat Sheet (How I Survived Middle School, #5)
  • P.S. I Really Like You (How I Survived Middle School, #6)
  • Who's Got Spirit? (How I Survived Middle School, #7)
  • It's All Downhill From Here (How I Survived Middle School, #8)
  • Caught In The Web (How I Survived Middle School, #9)
  • Into The Woods (How I Survived Middle School, #10)
  • Wish Upon A Star (How I Survived Middle School, #11)
Can You Get An F In Lunch? (How I Survived Middle School, #1) Ripped at the Seams She's Got the Beat Anyone But Me (Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo, #1) Puppy Love (Simon Romantic Comedies)