The Fullness of Time

2.65 of 5 stars 2.65  ·  rating details  ·  219 ratings  ·  36 reviews
Audio CD
Published September 3rd 2012 by Blackstone Audiobooks

Margaret Hendrickson
Mercy investigates the strange Granville family. What she learns makes her question the nature of time. The premiss is interesting, but underdeveloped. The whole book read like an outline. Action spilled forth without clear direction or impetus. The characters were nicely outlined, but lacked any flesh or cohesiveness. I hope someone actually writes this book someday, because I would read it.
Melissa
Mercy and her friend Kate meddle into the affairs of a wealthy recluse family in the course of researching and filming a documentary film. They uncover an unlikely and mostly unbelievable truth. They vow do what they can to put a stop to it.

I was engaged in the story, I liked the characters and the time travel narcolepsy theme was interesting. I only give three stars because I felt cheated in the end. The set up gave me the impression that there would be more action and drama. The book resolve...more
Natalie Carey
VJ
This was billed as a mystery. I would say it is more of a mild sci-fi thriller. It was kind of boring, which was okay because I used it to fall asleep three times.

The story idea was okay, but the execution was bland and quite frankly, uninteresting.
Jessalyn King
This was a really interesting look at time travel, madness, and family ties. I really enjoyed listening to this.
Lisa
This would have been really good, if it were longer, and more detailed. It felt like it was an abridged version of a story, I actually checked to make sure I had not gotten an abridged copy by accident. It was a great idea for a plot. It could have been developed into something much more. Too bad.
Carol
It is a novella and it's tough to talk about the plot without giving too much away. The concept is interesting, that "seeing" the future is possible and exploitable. And it's that possible exploitation, both of the knowledge you could gain and the people capable of doing it, that drives the second half. I actually don't usually read time travel stories, the premise just seems too full of holes, but I liked the way The Fullness of Time dealt with the theory. My main complaint has to do with the l...more
Guinevere
I like the general idea but I was disappointed that there just wasn't a whole lot to it. It was a very fast read, which can certainly be a plus, but on the other hand it just didn't carry enough weight to make much of an impression on me.
Frank
library mp3, so no reason to listen to the end. Thought this was an early Wilhelm sci-fi effort brought out for audio audience. I couldn't tell what was going on, eventually turned off because I got bored.
Lonna Cunningham
This book was ... Almost.

It seemed too short ... Too long for a short story, not sufficiently fleshed out for a novel.
Overall I'd say "ok, I guess".
Micaela
I can't finish this book because the reader's voice is SO annoying. I can't get past it. I want to, but I can't. Put this in the can't finish pile.
Gae Broadwater
After listening I felt like I had watched a Lifetime movie--Engaging enough to want to know what happened but nothing earth-shattering.
Mila Dorji
Not bad, but written more as a short story than a full-length novel. The ending felt pretty rushed. Interesting premise though
Katy Radder
An interesting story concept, but the author didn't skimp on lack of detail. It reads like an outline.
Naomi
Yet another cool premise ruined by terrible writing, flat characters and a contrived plot. Ugh.
Linda Benedict
I was really getting into the time shift plot, then it just ended leaving me unsatisfied.
Gena
Quick Short fictional read about the possibility of time travel.
A-n-n-e
Listen to this on audio. Entertaining.
Eric
Disappointing.
David
There isn't a lot of action to this book. The story is about a woman who is part of a documentary film crew which is making a documentary on an inventive genius. He was able to predict markets flawlessly 18 months in advance, and file patents before other inventors. The documentary film was an attempt to find out why.

The effort takes a very unexpected turn that none of them expected.
Beth Johnston
Excellent premise but poorly executed. Time travel seemed to be at the core of the story, but was glossed over.
Asl4u
good story - easy read. Very short.
Erin
A quick read, and thank god, if it had gone on any longer I might not have finished it. I ordinarily like Kate Wilhelm but her output in the last few years has been pretty bad. I'm surprised she's still writing, honestly, she must be ancient by now. Pick up her stuff from the 70's instead.
Kelley Abbassian
This book is the last Kate Wilhelm book I will ever read. Actually I'm not sure she even wrote this. The audiobook was terrible and I was going to criticize the voice actor until I found out she was very beloved and died prematurely a few years ago.
Jane Lee
Excellent premise but was wrapped up too soon. Could have provided a more intricate ending
Barbara
The characters were less than one-dimensional; the "plot" missing. If you're interested in time, read The Time Traveller's Wife instead.
Al
Nice short listen. Did not go deep into the time travel aspect and spent most of the time on the characters and their interactions.
Stacy
I don't have a good category for this book. It's time travel, journalism and sneaky people all rolled into one. 3.5 stars.
Shawna Hansen
Fast-paced story with a lot of freaky twists and turns. Intense. Enjoyed the audio book.
Kate Wilhelm has won the Hugo and several Nebula Awards. She is the widow of author and editor Damon Knight.
More about Kate Wilhelm...
Where Late the Sweet Birds Sang Death Qualified - A Mystery of Chaos (Barbara Holloway #1) The Best Defense (Barbara Holloway #2) A Wrongful Death (Barbara Holloway #10) The Deepest Water