Start by marking “Zombie Fallout 5: Alive in a Dead World” as Want to Read:
Zombie Fallout 5: Alive in a Dead World

Zombie Fallout 5: Alive in a Dead World (Zombie Fallout #5)

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  2,962 ratings  ·  131 reviews
Eliza turned to Tomas "This is the end...he is no longer alive in a dead world." Show More Show Less
Published March 1st 2012 by Createspace (first published February 29th 2012)

Before I started this book I had read many mixed reviews of it. Many people were on the fence as to their opinions of it. After reading it I have to say to those reviewers,"ARE YOU PEOPLE NUTS,DID YOU READ THE SAME BOOK I READ?"

I loved the book and even found it incredibly frustrating at times. The story aroused many strong emotions with every turn of the page. I found myself cheering for the characters victories and filled with dismay at their defeats. Some of the characters
ok, have read all the other reviews and anyone who knows me will tell you I am a zombienut! plus I think Mark Tufo is fantastic!
I can see the positives and negatives on all reviews.
It is a fab book and a real fan pleaser as no constant refs or repeats of passed books, always fresh stuff! which is great for us constant fans.... not so good if you pick the book up from fresh, but hopefully the no.5 on the cover gives that away!!
Yes it does have a lot of pre zombie flashbacks but I feel that just b
I cannot believe I have not written a review of any of the Zombie Fallout books yet. These books are just fantastic and along with the White Flag of the Dead books I have lost plenty of sleep staying up late reading these books. Warning this review is a little spoilerish.

Where do we even start the writing is superb why because Mike and company are not just characters they are real people well with the exception of Eliza and Tommy/Tomas that you could meet anywhere. Yet these people are unique b
Sakinah Jonas-mawji
Oct 31, 2012 Sakinah Jonas-mawji rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone who loves a good zombie novel and is a survival horror fan.
Recommended to Sakinah by: I found Zombie Fallout 1 completely by accident while looking for something to read and have been hooked on the series ever since.
The Zombie Fallout series of books is right up there in my top favorite zombie horror fiction novels. I'm a totally devoted zombie horror reader, video-gamer and movie buff, and this particular series was impossible to put down. I hope there will be another book soon! It's hard to find a balance between humor, suspense, action and horror without crossing a line into unnecessary graphic morbidity that would have definitely put me off reading them, and I have read other books by authors that could ...more
Claire Riley
This isn't your typical zombie book which is actually very fitting as Mark isn't your typical author- (or man for that matter, not that I've met him but seriously how can anyone be considered typical after writing such gross devastation??)
My favourite thing about Mark Tufos books is he isn't afraid of his characters. In that sense i mean that, a lot of writers fall so much for their characters lead or non lead that they are afraid to harm them or kill them off. Mark isnt & i frequently foun
Albert Yates
The series keeps getting better and better with every book. While the series started off with a whimper for me, the first book was a little slow and monotonous most of the time, this book made up for it with violence, gore and unnecessary death.

While on his way to find Eliza and she her reign of terror once and for all Mike naturally is able to find some enemies and ends up causing some trouble as he passes through town.

Mark Tufo is capable of breathing life into some rather boring and under us
I just finished ZF4 & 5. I would not start it until I reread the series again. (That made 4 times for zf1-zf3) I loved it!!! The pacing, the horror, and the humor… it was all spot-on!
Start this series from the beginning and get to know some really wonderful characters. Mark brings them to life for you! So much so, that even a dog named Henry, who I have fallen in love with, I worry about.
I highly recommend Mr. Tufo’s Zombie Fallout series as one of the best Zombie apocalypse books around.
Mark does it again in this nail biter. I think my only complaint I would have is that I got to the end of the book and thought "what the...?" It's going to be hard to wait for book 6 as this was cliff hanger. My gut instinct tells me that Mike survives this latest catastrophe that he's gotten himself into, but I find myself questioning even that. It's hard to be sure when the author throws in curve balls by killing off characters that you learn to love.
Matt Disney
Due to the nature of this story (Zombie Apocalypse) it could go on forever. I have read other series of books that tend to get boring, playing out the same old things just slightly repackaged.
HOWEVER, this series is always new with unexpected events. If you are a fan of anything apocalyptic, this series is for you.
10 out of 10 yet again.
Michael Flanagan
I would like to point out form the outset that I am reviewing this book compared to the others in the series. Why this book is a highly enjoyable romp through the Talbert Universe it seemed to lack that extra oomph found in the Zombie Fallout series.

All the elements are there from the great sarcastic humour to the nail bitting action. But to me it seemed a little to well practiced and expected and this removed from the overall enjoyment of the read.

Mark Tufo is still the god of the Zombie Genre
Nathan Tullis
*I received a free copy of this audio book for review from*

Having listened to the previous Zombie Fallout books, I’ve grown to really enjoy this series. There is dark humor, witty dialogue, zombie action, mind controlling vampires, and a fair share of heart. This was pretty much the same.

Zombie Fallout 5 opens with Talbot & Co. looking for revenge. They plan to attack a caravan towing Eliza, Tommy, and a lot of zombies in hopes of crippling them enough to keep her off the
I think this was the funniest one yet! hilarious!
it also has a lot of action! there was a lot more happening.. the group split the story flipped between characters and groups.. I really enjoyed that aspect!
enemy #1 in this book was focused back on the zombies.. which I prefer.. that is after all why I'm listening to *ZOMBIE fallout ! lol
we met some new characters in this one.. while also diving deeper into the characters we know! I love the flash back stories.. when they were in college e
Literally, a painful read. After so many close calls, the one and only, Michael Talbot dies after witnessing his best friend Paul's dead body after being consumed by cats. After lighting a fire, he burns to severely to function, as his brother Gary shoves him in a wheel burrow. Unable to handle the strain, Mike forces Gary to leave him, believing his powers are better than they really are. Right as Gary, BT and Josh arrive, they witness as Mike is literally ripped apart. Later, they also learn o ...more
Gadget Girl
This book is quite different to the last 4 I have read as it has many flashbacks to help build onto the emotions of the plot. Many other reviewers have complained about this but I feel it has helped to build this amazing plot.

Mark does it again with another mega nail biting ending and twist jeeze can I breath now....?
Book 5 is mainly about Mike, BT, Gary, Brian and the old bat Deneaux going on a road trip to finally confront Eliza...which is never going to work out it...?
Real shocker
I like Mark Tufo and I really do like Zombie Fallout as a series, I really do! But... Zombie Fallout 5: Alive in a Dead World felt like a whole lot of stalling by Mark Tufo. There was some headway made in the general progress of the story of course but the headway that was made was very small where the general plot is concerned.

I've said it before and I'll say it again one of the main reasons that the book series is as enjoyable as it is is of the little quirks that Mike Talbot have and the myr
Mark TufoZombie Fallout 5: Alive in a Dead World
This set of books has it all, the humour shines through to lighten the darker parts of the book, the psychological terror of the situation drags you into the story making you feel a part of the family, Mike Talbot is the hero of the piece protecting his family and loved ones to the best of his ability from the growing Zombie threat, the zombies are not all slow and lumbering as in the majority of Zombie films neither are they as fast as in 28 days
So, this book was my least favorite but still pretty good. I wish I could give it 3.5 stars. It seemed like a lot happened but it didn't? I know that probably doesn't make much sense, but to me it went like this:

- Mike, BT, Gary, Brian,and old creepy hag decide to confront Eliza this time so they take a road trip.
- Along the way they meet Mary and her son, but Mary is nuts and way over-protective, but who wouldn't be if she had already lost her husband and zombies were constantly knocking at the
Melinda Lopez
I have all the zombie fallout books on audio and I must say they are entertaining to say the least! The character of Mike Talbot is witty and fun. The narrator, Sean Runnette, does an amazing job and the author, Mark Tufo, is one hell of an author mastering description! I never knew there were so many different ways to describe killing/eating/gore but apparently there is! Just amazing! A must read if you love zombie books! But I recommend the audio version!!!
Ehhhh. I have loved every book of this series but this was a hard one to get through. So little actually happened until the very end of the book and it seemed like just a time filler until we finally get a resolution. Some half-cocked attack scheme that backfires horribly, but doesn't make sense in the first place. Also, 85-90% of the book is smart-ass comments, which while funny for 1-4, seemed to be overdone and overwrought in this one. I kept thinking, I have to wade through another page and ...more
Rinny Rainwind
This is book 5 of the series. Is it possible to fall in love with a main book character? I have laughed out loud, cried until I couldn't breathe and snickered in public while reading this series. The books keep getting better and better. This book has them running again. They will suffer a major loss, but gain something in return. Was it worth it in the end?
I really wanted to like this whole series more than I did, but I just couldn't get past the badly written, cliched and rather pathetic female characters, and the tmi jokes. I did find it a fun read though and would recommend it to lovers of this genre! I liked the main character, Mike, despite his terrible sense of humour. He is very dry and ironic, which I like.

My biggest gripe with this fifth book in the series was the ending. Not because of what happened, but because it was written with such
Robert VanAckooy
Some of the reviews of this installment in the Zombie Fallout series have been a bit on the negative side. I enjoyed it. Yes, there were a few rather lengthy flashbacks and back stories that seemed to just interrupt the story, but there was plenty of action and suspense.

I thought the characters were portrayed very realistically and the interplay between them was spot on. There were memorable events that happened in this story. Some in detailed, individual terror and others in group interaction a
Ahhh! This is my first book finished in 2015, and it was a tough one. Brutal, Mark Tufo. BRUTAL. I love your imagination, and the change up of content in this book. But man, it is a tough book. No spoilers, but of course, I'll finish the series
Juanita D.
The best Zombie series .... EVER!!!!

I have recommended this series to everyone I know. Having just finished book 5 I cannot wait to start the next one. Mark Tufo is a writing god and Mike Talbot and the whole whacky Talbot clan are mr heroes.
Even thought this is the least fave of the was well worth my time and credit...I am continuing..on to book 6...I love this series so much and am happy I found it...and am sooooo curious to see what happens next...I really hope Mike and his family are going to be ok!! I recommend this series very much!! 2 thumbs up!!
Caridad cruz
this story is as outstanding as zombie fallout book one until now, i gave it a 4 star because I have been seeing a certain pattern with these books, I don't like when the characters reminisce about the past, I mean who cares what happened in college, it takes away the suspense feeling one gets when one of the characters are in a bind either fighting a zombie or just got bit and I am waiting at the edge of my seat just to have that character go into detail on what happened 30 yrs ago in college, ...more
Clint Heitz
Great read, as the rest of the series has been; however, this is my least favorite so far. I feel like the plot didn't really move forward too much... Still, I can't wait for #6.
Number 5, still alive! Not really, I think number 5 has numbed my brain too much, I might become a zombie if I keep on reading this series!
Another great book in the series. This one is wonderful, Mark Tufo does go on alot of sidelines and tangents in this one more than the previous novels But it is part of the fun of the ride.
  • White Flag of The Dead (White Flag of the Dead, #1)
  • Necrophobia (Zombie Apocalypse #1)
  • Trudge (Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse, #1)
  • Survivors
  • Zombie Tales: Primrose Court Apt. 502
  • LZR-1143: Evolution (LZR-1143, #2)
  • Shattered Hourglass (Day by Day Armageddon,#3)
  • Flesh Eaters (Dead World, #3)
  • Autumn: Aftermath (Autumn, #5)
  • Awakening (A New World, #5)
  • The Junkie Quatrain
  • Time of Death: Induction
  • Deadlocked 3 (Deadlocked, #3)
  • I Zombie I (I Zombie, #1)
  • No Easy Hope (Surviving the Dead, #1)

Zombie Fallout (8 books)
  • Zombie Fallout (Zombie Fallout, #1)
  • A Plague Upon Your Family (Zombie Fallout, #2)
  • The End (Zombie Fallout, #3)
  • The End Has Come and Gone (Zombie Fallout, #4)
  • 'Till Death Do Us Part (Zombie Fallout, #6)
  • For the Fallen (Zombie Fallout #7)
  • An Old Beginning (Zombie Fallout, #8)

“Careful, the number one cause of accidental shootings is careful aim.” 1 likes
“BT barely registered my existence as I pulled the gun from his hand. He looked up at me with a tear-soaked face. “I’ve been bit, Mike,” BT sobbed.” 0 likes